SolarWinds

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Interview

Sales
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SolarWinds in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was called on a Wednesday and asked to submit my resume for an Inside Sales Rep possition that had just opened up. SolarWinds needed to fill a number of possistions quickly. I got a call later the same day asking if I could come in the next day for an interview. I went in and the HR guy hadnt sent me the itenerary, but that was ok. I had studied up on the company and had alot of information prepared. One of the managers came and got me, He started interviewing me on the elevator. When we got to his office he kind of blind sided me with his first question. How do convince people to make a purchase very quickly. I didnt have a good answer because I dont like pushy sales people, and I dont want to be a pushy sales person. The second manager came in and I got more confortable and started asking alot of questions but I think at that point my fate had been sealed. Never got a response either way on the job offer. It probably wouldnt have been a good fit for either one of us.

Interview Question – How do you get the customer to make a quick buying decision?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at SolarWinds

Worked for SolarWinds? Contribute to the Community!

SolarWinds Videos

SolarWinds – Why Work for Us?

Since our founding in 1999, SolarWinds’ (NYSE: SWI) mission has been to provide purpose-built products that are designed to make IT professionals’ jobs easier. We offer value-driven products and tools that solve a broad… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SolarWinds Sales interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by SolarWinds employees and interview candidates.