SolarWinds

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at SolarWinds in December 2011.

I was called on a Wednesday and asked to submit my resume for an Inside Sales Rep possition that had just opened up. SolarWinds needed to fill a number of possistions quickly. I got a call later the same day asking if I could come in the next day for an interview. I went in and the HR guy hadnt sent me the itenerary, but that was ok. I had studied up on the company and had alot of information prepared. One of the managers came and got me, He started interviewing me on the elevator. When we got to his office he kind of blind sided me with his first question. How do convince people to make a purchase very quickly. I didnt have a good answer because I dont like pushy sales people, and I dont want to be a pushy sales person. The second manager came in and I got more confortable and started asking alot of questions but I think at that point my fate had been sealed. Never got a response either way on the job offer. It probably wouldnt have been a good fit for either one of us.

Interview Questions
  • How do you get the customer to make a quick buying decision?   Answer Question