SolarWorld

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Tech Interview

Production Tech

I applied through college or university and interviewed at SolarWorld.

Interview Details – Easy interview. Just don't say anything stupid.

Interview Question – What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Student Engineering Assistant Interview

Student Engineering Assistant
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SolarWorld in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online in the winter. Forgot about applying. Got a phone call about 3 or 4 months after applying. Had initial phone interview with recruiter. In person interview with recruiter, future mentor and his manager. Basic, easy general questions about general PV silicon process and classes taken so far. Everyone was nice and wasn't nerve wrecking at all.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered $12/hr to assist Research and Development for Cell engineering.

Very Easy Interview

Production Tech II Interview

Production Tech II

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SolarWorld in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had an interview with a temp agency. After a very quick 1 on 1 interview I was asked for a second with the shift supervisor. I was asked to start shortly after.

You will be hired on as a temp for the length of your contract, about 1.5 years.

Interview Question – List 3 strengths and weaknesses.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it scenario.

Very Easy Interview

Maintenance Technician Interview

Maintenance Technician
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at SolarWorld in March 2009.

Interview Details – temp-to hire

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at SolarWorld.

Interview Details – Interview consisted almost entirely of behavioral questions. Unfortunately, the interview was done by HR and the person had zero interest in technical answers. If you are adept at "improvising" answers then you'll do great. Otherwise ensure that you have plenty of interpersonal anecdotes lined up with broad applicability.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you excelled at your work   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor

Interviewed at SolarWorld

Interview Details – Phone screen with contract recruiter. Quick and easy. Very basic
Panel interview with hiring manager and site manager. No surprises.

Interview Question – Some of their terminology was different, but nothing shocking.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Work days were not what I was looking for.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SolarWorld in January 2009.

Interview Details – It was very early before factory was built. Environment was casual at the time and I was recruited for my strong mechanical aptitude. The interview was a small panel of two people asking me technical questions and behavioral questions..

Interview Question – None really, worked for a big semi company that had much tougher interviews, this one was easy by comparison.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation at the time.

Support Group Interview

Support Group
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SolarWorld.

Interview Details – Lied to about overtime pay when job was offered verbally. At new employee orientation we were told that our day (pay wise) would begin in the middle of our shift, shafting us out of several hours of OT each week.

Interview Question – Easy interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cut and dry, Take it or leave it.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SolarWorld in June 2010.

Interview Details – Tour, 3 person interview, hire notice in 2 weeks

Negotiation Details – No negotiations took place

Consumar Event Specialist Interview

Consumar Event Specialist
Camarillo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SolarWorld in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had about three phone interviews, then 1:1 interview and later the group panel interview. The interviewing is brutal, tons of questions and goes on and on and on.....

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SolarWorld? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SolarWorld interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by SolarWorld employees and interview candidates.