Solera Holdings

Interviews for Top Jobs at Solera Holdings

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Solera Holdings in February 2010.

Initial contact via HR. Interview with section leader. I was asked a lot of technical questions. All went well from my perspective but apparently my experience was less than they wanted.

Interview Questions
    • Did I have experience with cross platform database design?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Solera Holdings.

I was interviewed by 6 people over a period of 1.5 - 2 months. First round by the interim incumbent, second by incumbent's boss, then someone from HQ and finally 3 people from the local management. The interviews got progressively worse. Initially, it was interesting but as matters progressed, the job and the organization became less and less interesting. The process itself was drawn out and likely in the wrong order (it would've helped to meet the team you'd work with in the beginning, because - for me - they were the big turn off in the whole process). I think I threw the interview off a bit because of it. There was just no click.

After hours of interviews, I received an email from the person running the process telling me they'd get in touch with me the following week to discuss the status of the procedure. No contact. As a matter of fact, after at least 6 hours of my time, if not more (this doesn't include the commute to their offices), they didn't bother to even come back at all. Really bad form. Totally unprofessional. I realize that I could have called them, but the ball was in their court and I wanted to see how they would move forward.

I don't care if there was/wasn't an offer - I wasn't interested in the role in the end. However, it is the pinnacle of bad form not to give a candidate that goes so far in the process (or who spends the time to come and meet with you) no feedback. Based on this, I realized my instinct about the firm was pretty on target.

Interview Questions
    • Weirdest question - do you have a garden at home? Is it well kept? (No, I'm not making this up)   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Solera Holdings in October 2007.

Terrible interview! Interviewer clearly indicated that the work environment could be abbrasive.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a meeting where the CEO (Aquila) will directly challenge you in front of a group.   Answer Question