Solers

Profile Unclaimed

Solers Interview Questions

2.5

Systems Engineer Interview

very casual and laid back. The hiring and interview process in total took about one week. They were very prompt in extending me an offer after the interview. HR department was extremely professional and well organized.

Interview Questions
    • Getting clear understanding of what specifically I would be working on.   Answer Question
    very casual

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Solers in March 2014.

I initially met one of the recruiters at my school's career fair and I contacted her later about interviewing for an internship position. She eventually replied and set up a date and time for me to come to their Greenbelt office and speak to 3 people: a software engineer, a systems engineer, and a technical manager (I think). When I got there, I thought their office was kind of bland, but everyone seemed to be friendly toward each other. When I met with the engineers, they mainly asked about the projects on my resume and my skills - pretty straightforward stuff. No technical questions at all. I literally could have minimal coding experience and b.s. my way through the interview.

Interview Questions

I accepted an offer elsewhere since one of the interviewers said the only thing I'd be doing is testing, not developing.

Webmaster/Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Solers in March 2012.

Phone screening, and then schedule for a one on one meeting with the staff and CEO of the company. About 5 people total.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult project?   View Answer
    • How long do you plan to stay with the company.   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate. They already had a set salary.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Solers in June 2010.

The interview was fairly typical. The questions were all as I expected and none were obtuse or Mensa sample questions. With the staff 1:1 interviews the focus was on my decision processes, style, management practices, technical knowledge and experience. The line of questioning was designed to pick apart who I am, where I have worked, who I have worked with, my successes, how I reacted to challenges/roadblocks and my philosophy on managing technical employees.

The interview took an odd turn when I met with a senior leader who was obsessed with my Bachelors Degree, earned in 1991. Why did I chose my school, did I think it was a good choice, what type of learning environment was it, how good did it prepare me, didn't I have other options, what programming languages I learned, etc. and so on. It was had to grasp this line of questioning some 23 years in my past.

The staff were all engaging and bright, the offices typical and the culture/values are desirable. I was excited to learn more about this company as the culture and team composition seem to make this firm one of those rare contenders to gain the loyalty and respect of their customers which can be converted into long term, valuable relationships.

I also believe that this company truly engages in work investigating and implementing advanced technologies, which was what drew my interests.

Interview Questions
    • What lead to my choice of undergraduate university and did I feel that I earned a quality education.   View Answer
    • Describe an approach to providing security and authentication of Net Centric Enterprise Services in a shared network architecture.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Solers in June 2011.

The interview scheduling process was very straightforward: via email, we picked a day and time that worked for both of us, and that was it. At the interview itself, I saw four people: first, the HR recruiter I'd been speaking to who briefed me about what would happen; second, a software engineer lead who asked me a couple of basic java interview questions (abstraction, polymorphism, etc) and asked about my past experience; third, a more experienced lead who was closer to architect, who did the same, and finally, the VP of the division, who briefed me on the benefits and tried to sell me on the job.

Interview Questions
    • How does multiple inheritance work in C++, and what happens in the case where an object inherits from two different parents that share a parent?   View Answer
    This company does not negotiate at all with entry level positions - you either take what you get or leave it. Luckily, I knew this in advance, and told them about another offer I already had before going to interview, so they beat it (barely).