Soliant Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern

Interviewed at Soliant Consulting

Interview Details – I met with the director manager at my school job fair, had a nice conversation about opportunities and positions at the company and handed my resume.
I was contacted by the HR person couple of weeks later through email and phone. I was scheduled for an in-person interview.
I had 4 different interviews: 2 technical and 2 behavioral. The interviewers were pretty nice and friendly. I enjoyed the interview process and got an offer the day after which I accepted it.

Interview Question – Typical questions   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer

Interviewed at Soliant Consulting

Interview Details – The interview process was in a very comfortable setting, the office is very aesthetically pleasing- not the classic corporate drop ceiling, white walls, and halls and halls of cubicles. It's modern with colors, wood, and glass, which was very appealing to me first impression there.

The interview itself was set up in a rotation with 6 different "stations", each station having a different person(s) there with a different skill or role in the company. They look for a good fit for the team, which makes sense why they want you to talk to as many people as possible. It did make me nervous, because there were 12 other people interviewing that day, and I know they had another big group a week or two later. Overall, it was one of the most enjoyable interviews I've had.

I recommend applying here if you want a job where people care about you as an individual, you love to learn, and interested in new technologies.

Interview Question – Finish this Java function...(example given)   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

Interviewed at Soliant Consulting

Interview Details – It is a great interview process where we came for half of a day. We spoke to multiple individuals.

Interview Question – Being asked to solved problems without a pen, paper or computer in an empty office threw me off some. Also being asked to put together a solution to a problem in PHP when I stated that I hadn't learned PHP was a problem.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Soliant Consulting in May 2011.

Interview Details – Longish process, but I liked getting to know everyone. Very friendly, and I liked that they didn't stuff me into some robot system.

Interview Question – It was handled as a discussion. Asked about specifics and focused more on communication with clients, rather than technical assessment... but they also tested my development background.   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Business Development Executive

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Soliant Consulting in April 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process involved sending information to the recruiting director who reviews your resume and then decides to move forward with phone interview. Upon my phone interview which was scheduled at a specific time and to be for 30 minutes, but the Director was unavailable at the scheduled time. Upon the director calling 10 minutes later we had our 20 minute conversation with very little accomplished nor did I get a chance to ask my questions. I was advised I would be contacted back in a week, which I assumed would be to have a personal meeting/interview to make a better determination of narrowing down the candidates. They did get back but didn't take the next step in the process.
I found the whole process to be unorganized, lacking a structure and sense of professionalism. It took almost 2 weeks to set up the phone interview. They acted with a whimsical approach to the process and I felt that the executive management didn't quite know what to do. I found through my research that the owner was a musican by training but went into the software industry.... I find that peculiar.

Interview Question – Wasn't asked any difficult question.   View Answer

PHP Intern Interview

PHP Intern
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Soliant Consulting in August 2012.

Interview Details – I replied to an add on craigslist for an internship involving PHP. Apparently its a 90 day internship where Soliant teaches you the basics of PHP then allows you to work on some projects. The office in San Mateo was strangely quiet and understaffed. Also, very white collar and formal by the standards of Silicon Valley. Didn't see anyone with dyed hair and wearing t-shirts and jeans.

Interview Question – This was the problem. For a programming position, I got only one even remotely technical question, which was to describe how the browser, PHP and the server all fit together. I sorta thought it was a joke-I mean, for a technical, programming position, you are supposed to ask technical, programming questions. Like, going to the white board and showing off my knowledge of algorithms. That should've set off my alarm bells-it meant that they were probably basing their hiring decision less on the basis of the candidate's technical acumen, but rather on other factors...and as a trans/gender variant individual, you can't help but wonder...   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Soliant Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Soliant Consulting interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Soliant Consulting employees and interview candidates.