Solo Cup

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Crystal Lake, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Solo Cup in February 2013.

Interview Details – I initially got placed as an intern and promoted to analyst. It was a great place to work. Three rounds of interview..one phone (informational), technical and fit

Interview Question – DCF analysis of a non-profit company   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Lake Forest, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Solo Cup in May 2011.

Interview Details – Meet with 2 managers

Interview Question – Whats your favorite SAP fuction and why   Answer Question

Summer Intern-Plant Quality Assurance Interview

Summer Intern-Plant Quality Assurance
Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Solo Cup in August 2013.

Interview Details – Three people interviewed me and one of them is quality department manager. There are several questions like, what's your weakness? What did you do?(Based on your resume) what's your maximum hours of working? Prefer work independent or as a team? How will you meet the deadline?

Interview Question – What's your maximum hours of working?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Solo Cup in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted over the telephone via a headhunter and was interviewed by phone and in person. I was offered the position the day of the interview. The was an excellent company, but during my employment, the company was sold to the Dart Corporation and our management team was removed.

Interview Question – I can not think of any questions that would to difficult for me. This is due to my level of professionalism.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Inasmuch as the plant was located locally; only eight (8) miles from my residence, this process was extremely agreeable.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Pricing Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Solo Cup.

Interview Details – Met with 4 individuals, including 3 analysts and 1 manager. Format was different for each interviewer, however all spent a good deal of time on prior experience and analytical skills. Also asked questions on academic performance in college and specific examples where I demonstrated skills they felt would be beneficial to have on the job.

Interview Question – What outside organizations are you involved in?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate.

Packing Interview

Packing
Ada, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Solo Cup in September 2011.

Interview Details – Walked in to office completed general application. Then had to fill out a bunch of math questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Nothing.

Market Manager Interview

Market Manager
Lake Forest, IL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Solo Cup in August 2011.

Interview Details – pretty easy - everyone was very nice and professional. The office was more formal that I was used to but still friendly. Questions were not tough but completely relevant to the position and to the culture. I had two phone screens (HR, Hiring Manager) and then flew in for 4 interviews (HR, Hiring Manager and two VP's). Two additional phone interviews with Hiring Manager and VP prior to offer.

Interview Questions

• A LOT of questions around finanicals - this company is NOT about marketing but about pricing, volume and cost savings.   Answer Question
  • A lot of questions about culture - it's a weird one so be sure to pick up on the hints they give you in the questioning.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was set but was able to get additional $ for relo and they offered 3 weeks vacation upfront.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Solo Cup in February 2009.

Interview Details – everything seemed very friendly. Didn't really take that long but it was not working out for both parties so it was ended.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at this company?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Solo Cup in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and told about the position and set up a date for an interview.

The first interview was with a panel of 5 employees from the division I would be working in, including department manager and supervisor. I then spoke with two members of the HR department.

I was then asked back for a second interview and spoke with two different department managers.

Interview Question – You do not have any CPG finance experience, what do you have to say about that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation room, but the pay for an entry level job was pretty high compared to other offers I had.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Solo Cup in August 2009.

Interview Details – Spoke on the phone. Met with several people.

Interview Question – How would you make a good fit?   Answer Question

Worked for Solo Cup? Contribute to the Community!