Solomon-Page Group

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

1.9

Contractor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Solomon-Page Group.

Can you tell me something about yourself?
    Why did you apply for this job?
    Why did you leave your last job? / Why are you planning to leave your present job?
    Can you tell me something about your education?

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Solomon-Page Group in July 2014.

The interviewer did not give a test just stated that I could not do the job. The interviewer would not give me a test to see if my skills were what the company was looking for.

Interview Questions
    • The question was do you have plans to move up in the company. When the interviewer knew that she had no interest in hiring me because of the color of my skin. I did see one women with color working there. Perhaps they met their quota.   Answer Question

Accounting/Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

interviewed at Solomon-Page Group in April 2014.

Filled out application, front desk informed me I can skip the sections of the application that are covered by my resume (most search firms do not allow this), waited only a few minutes, and met in person with recruiter for a good long time to develop a relationship and ensure she understood positions of interest.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Solomon-Page Group in March 2014.

These gentlemen had me take a trip to New York to do an interview with them and after asked me for 3 referrals (why that at the first interview? for what ? to get client leads?candidate leads?) they disappeared. It was so horrible how they treat people.

Most of the time spent there was filling out their paper work. The actual interview only lasted no more than 15 minutes.

After they promised me an interview and that they would stay in constant contact they completely disappeared.

I called/emailed over and over again to got no answer.
    Worst agency ever.. do not waste your time with them.

"Forty-two percent of workers said they would never seek employment with the company again if they were displeased with the way their application was handled. Another 22% said they would tell others not to work there; and 9% would tell others not to purchase products or services from the company. (Forbes)".

Interview Questions
    • why ask for referrals if you do not have any intentions of go on with the process?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Solomon-Page Group in April 2013.

Interview process was very easy. They called me after I post my resume online. Ask some questions about what type of work am looking for and went over the resume. within 2 weeks they were able to find me a job. But the pay was really low but got some experience so no complaints.

C++ Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Solomon-Page Group.

You start with an initial phone conversation where you describe your technical background and hear about the position being offered. There is then a very brief initial phone screen to see if you know the basics of what you're going to be asked later (sample questions below). This will trigger a coding exercise with one of the staff @ Solomon-Page, which will identify possible weaknesses that you need to shore up before an interview with whichever group they are attempting to recruit you for.

Interview Questions
    • When is Bubblesort faster than Quicksort   View Answer
    • What is 40>>2   View Answer
    • What 4 functions are automatically generated for a class by the c++ compiler?   View Answer
    • How can you make a program print out "Hello World" before entering the main() function?   View Answer
    • What is the best case lookup time for a hash table?   View Answer

Marketing Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Solomon-Page Group in June 2012.

I submitted my resume to their general email address on the website. I went in and they went over my skills, desired salary and goals. They have called me ever since for jobs that I might be interested in.

Temporary to Permanent Accountant Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Solomon-Page Group in February 2012.

I was recruited from my online resume. I went in and took a few accounting proficiency tests. I received a call a day later from the recruiter. He was all excited that he had a temp to perm job for me. He explained the temp salary and then the intended permanent salary. The numbers were in line with what I expected for the job description. I have been an accountant and department manager for 15 years and I understand payroll.

Interview Questions
    • Found my resume online and pursued me. Didn't ask any uncommon questions   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Solomon-Page Group in January 2012.

Wonderful experience. Ronni is a positive, warm, smart, fun, professional who goes after what she believes in and makes you feel appreciated. The owner, Loyd and Jocelyn are honest, straight shooters, and I appreciate that. You feel that they want the best from you and will go the extra mile to make you feel respected and supported. three thumbs up. I love these guys!

Interview Questions
    • None, Their questions applied specifically to the role and my views and goals.   View Answer

Only because I had another offer at the same time in a different catagory.

C++ Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Solomon-Page Group in February 2010.

I got interviewed by a recruiter at Solomon-Page Group for a senior C/C++ programmer position.
    However, the questions were not senior's.
    It was my first techincal interview in North America and did not expect
    I would be asked some basic questions, which do not evaluate any of a senior's qualications either the one correctly answer or not.

I couldnt answer those questions, doubted if I understood correctly.

Interview Questions
    • How to override a function in C++?   Answer Question
    • How to call the destructor of a child class when an object is deleted, but as a parent class object?   Answer Question
    • Is it possible to declare a constant variable in the member declaration section of a class?   View Answer