Solomon-Page Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

1.9

Royalties Analyst Temp for Entertainment Services, LLC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Solomon-Page Group (Saddle Brook, NJ).

Interview

Single interview with two Recruiters. Initially contacted through Monster/CareerBuilder via email and cell phone. Meeting took no more than a half hour. They immediately scheduled me for an interview with the partner company they were recruiting for. Simple, relaxed, and professional. Recruiter kept in contact with me constantly to keep me updated on the hiring process. I currently work at the company they recruited me to.

Interview Questions

• 1. "What kind of work are you looking for?"
      2. "What is the minimum pay rate rate you are ok with?"

1 Answer

Database Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Gave me a call on at afternoon. Only ask me what kind of position I am looking for. And then they scheduled a facetime. Ask me whether I have experience in SQL. I said yes, then ask me about Visual Studio.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

They basically call you in to tell you that they are a temp hiring agency that might have opening that fits you. When you walk in, they will have you fill out a survey and then have you wait among 5-10 other people. They will give you some forms to fill out and then tell you to do the online test at home. Although I don't think I will get anything out of this, the lady that interviewed me gave me some job hunting advice. So how it works is that, they send you in for the job at different companies, and then pay you every 2 weeks. It has been over 2 weeks and I have not heard from them even though I did email them an updated resume.

Interview Questions

• What salary are you looking for?   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple and professional. The interviewer was prompt with the time of meeting for the interview. Knowledgeable and proficient in the questions that were asked. The seemed very familiar and breezed by. There were multiple interviews and I actually looked forward to meeting them for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have working in Accounts payable?   Answer Question

Did not meet salary requirement

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Solomon-Page Group.

Interview

Can you tell me something about yourself?
    Why did you apply for this job?
    Why did you leave your last job? / Why are you planning to leave your present job?
    Can you tell me something about your education?

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

The interviewer did not give a test just stated that I could not do the job. The interviewer would not give me a test to see if my skills were what the company was looking for.

Interview Questions

• The question was do you have plans to move up in the company. When the interviewer knew that she had no interest in hiring me because of the color of my skin. I did see one women with color working there. Perhaps they met their quota.   Answer Question

Accounting/Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (Hauppauge, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Filled out application, front desk informed me I can skip the sections of the application that are covered by my resume (most search firms do not allow this), waited only a few minutes, and met in person with recruiter for a good long time to develop a relationship and ensure she understood positions of interest.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

These gentlemen had me take a trip to New York to do an interview with them and after asked me for 3 referrals (why that at the first interview? for what ? to get client leads?candidate leads?) they disappeared. It was so horrible how they treat people.

Most of the time spent there was filling out their paper work. The actual interview only lasted no more than 15 minutes.

After they promised me an interview and that they would stay in constant contact they completely disappeared.

I called/emailed over and over again to got no answer.
    Worst agency ever.. do not waste your time with them.

"Forty-two percent of workers said they would never seek employment with the company again if they were displeased with the way their application was handled. Another 22% said they would tell others not to work there; and 9% would tell others not to purchase products or services from the company. (Forbes)".

Interview Questions

• why ask for referrals if you do not have any intentions of go on with the process?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Solomon-Page Group in April 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. They called me after I post my resume online. Ask some questions about what type of work am looking for and went over the resume. within 2 weeks they were able to find me a job. But the pay was really low but got some experience so no complaints.

C++ Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY).

Interview

You start with an initial phone conversation where you describe your technical background and hear about the position being offered. There is then a very brief initial phone screen to see if you know the basics of what you're going to be asked later (sample questions below). This will trigger a coding exercise with one of the staff @ Solomon-Page, which will identify possible weaknesses that you need to shore up before an interview with whichever group they are attempting to recruit you for.

Interview Questions

• When is Bubblesort faster than Quicksort   1 Answer
    • What is 40>>2   1 Answer
    • What 4 functions are automatically generated for a class by the c++ compiler?   1 Answer
    • How can you make a program print out "Hello World" before entering the main() function?   1 Answer
    • What is the best case lookup time for a hash table?   1 Answer