Solstice Mobile

Relevance Date Difficulty

Android Developer Interview

Android Developer
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Solstice Mobile in February 2014.

Interview Details – Direct onsite call through reference.Was asked to do a coding challenge on Android.was fairly simple.The onsite interview had no live coding.Some Questions on OOP and some on my experience.Still havent replied as their hiring process hasnt yet started.

Interview Question – basics of OOP,Garbage collection,Activities(android),Views,Abstract classes   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Solstice Mobile in May 2012.

Interview Details – Had a great initial conversation with an employee at a career fair. Received a call from a recruiter a few months later and answered screening questions. One phone interview with an employee in a similar role, then another with someone in a higher role. I made a great effort to research about the company and basically expressed my interest in working for a growing company in a cutting edge environment. Each person there seemed smart and excited about what they were doing.

Interview Question – Can't recall any question that was particularly difficult. It seemed they were trying to get a sense for cultural fit, a passion for technology, and demonstrated experience.   Answer Question

Senior Mobile Architect Interview

Senior Mobile Architect
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Solstice Mobile in March 2013.

Interview Details – The process starts with a phone call with a technical recruiter. If this conversation goes well it moves onto a small coding assignment. Once this was completed and reviewed, a phone interview with a technical employee is set up. Following this interview an in-person interview is scheduled with 2 parts: A discussion with a member of leadership and a interview with 2 technical employees.

The execution of the interview process seemed very disorganized. The interview questions and discussion did not match the job description and there seemed to be miscommunication between the members of their team regarding the subjects to focus on. Many questions were asked in a very vague sense or related to some obscure language feature. There were no questions relating to general problem solving, design patterns, algorithms, object oriented programming, or data structures.

I got the impression that everyone had a different idea of the experience they were looking for in a candidate. The process seem to drag on, lacked follow up, and was very inconsistent. At different points I was told that they were preparing an offer, then preparing an improvement on that offer, and finally that they no longer intended to make an offer.

Overall, it seems like a good company with a true agile work environment and intelligent technical engineers. However, the overall execution of the interview process was poor and inconsistent. Hopefully they can work out these issues as they mature.

Solstice Mobile  CEO responded to this review

Aug 19, 2013

Thank you for this feedback. I think you bring up some valid points. The role you were applying for had a few different tracts; either helping out on pre-sales and strategy engagements or leading ... More

Worked for Solstice Mobile ? Contribute to the Community!