Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques in July 2011.

Online qualifier test. An interview with an HR associate (phone). An interview with the VP of HR (phone). An interview with the Regional (in-person). An interview with the VP of Stores (in person). A phone interview with the COO. Two more follow up interviews with the VP of Stores via phone.
The process felt endless. The contacts with the HR associate and the Regional were hugely unprofessional, while the interview with the VP of stores and VP of HR were compelling.
This crowd was very concerned about short term commitment, as they have lots of turn. They didn't seem at all concerned about finding a right culture fit.

Interview Questions
  • None were difficult. The most difficult part was actually more strange than challenging. I was continually asked if I was planning to stay for a length of time in the position.   View Answer
Lacking integrity. I was told by the HR associate that I would be able to negotiate a rate about 10% higher than I ended up with. I would NEVER have wasted my time had I known they were going to nickle and dime. Also, they offered a signing bonus that was then cut in half. To make matters worse, when I got my offer letter, it change from a signing bonus to two tiny bonuses, half at 6 months and half at nine months. This was the most unprofessional salary negotiation I have not only had myself, but ever heard of.