Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

Solstice Sunglass Boutiques Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.4

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques.

Interview

The company called with in a day of my application process. An interview was scheduled where we could go over my previous experience and talk about the position being applied for. A second interview was then scheduled for me and the Regional Manager. After being hired a training process was mandatory before hitting the sales floor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why I should choose you over the other Candidates   1 Answer

Negotiation

Full time Position

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques in December 2014.

Interview

The first step was to fill out application online. After this you are sent an email asking you to complete an online quiz. Next, you are sent an email asking you to complete an online quiz. This is followed by an online personality profile consisting of at least 100 questions. The questions are multiple choice style. Within the next twenty-four hours I received a phone call for an interview with the store manager. During the interview I learned that the position is part- time. I expressed disinterest in a position that was not full time. I learned that the pay is $14 an hour and that benefits are available after 6 months. I also learned that the employees receive a monthly bonus of about $100 a month if the sales quotas are reached. All if the employees work as a team. The sales bonuses are not based on individual quotas. The next step in the interview process would have been an interview withI the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Solstice?   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques.

Interview

one interview with the manager and one with the district manager. Just asked basic questions about my past employment history and what I knew about the company. Take time to review the company and brush up on basic interview questions

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Did three interviews In person with DM, then phone interviews with HR and RM Maybe took 2 weeks total to get an offer. After I interviewed I did a background check and received the offer letter and call. Started within two weeks. Overall it took less than a month from interview one to start date. I've seen the process since I've been with the company take less than a week

Interview Questions

• They asked the standard questions to see what kind of manger you would be, how you motivate a team, and what kpis you work with. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Selling Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques (Chino Hills, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

They called me in for an interview with the store manager and key holder, it lasted about 30 minutes. The interview was very laid back and I wasn't nervous after a while. They said they would give me a call back in a week if I got the position. I thought I did not get the job because it took the manager 9 days to call back (I'm a impatient person). I started two weeks after he called me back. The location I work at is a lower volume store so it can be slow most days. If you don't like slow paced work(like me)it would be a good idea to apply at a higher volume location (i.e.Irvine Spectrum or Beverly Center).

Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

Please come to the interview prepared. This is a high fashion sales environment. You will need to be able to see yourself during the interview. Also make sure you show up to your interview on time. There is an assessment as well, make sure you take your time and take every question serious.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Lower volume stores get little to no negotiation, no matter what experience you have.

Selling Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques (Lake Grove, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I went to a solstice store and inquired about open positions. I was told they were hiring and to apply online using the career section of their website. I applied in mid-May and heard back at the end of the month. I was called by the manager and we scheduled an interview for a few days later. My interview was about 30 to 45 minutes. We talked about fashion and chit chatted about my upcoming vacation and other things unrelated to the job. She only asked my 3 direct questions about the job itself. The first was if I had any retail experience and if I had to explain my previous position. The second was how I would handle a customer who I thought was trying/attempting to steal. And the third was why I wanted to work at Solstice. All of the questions were easy and straight forward. Just being honest will get you the job. I was told at the end of the interview that the district manager may want a phone interview. However, if she did not, I would be hired. About 4 days later I was called by my store's manager and was told I was the job. The overall process was good but it did seem to take a bit of time.

Negotiation

On my application I stated that I would be willing to work for $8/hr. During the interview I was told that the base pay started at $10.50/hr so I was more than willing to accept that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques (Orlando, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Brief a quick process it's a professional experience and wear black like alll black is the uniform for the store and having a pair of stylish sunglasses is always good too

Interview Questions

• Availability to work great implantation great benefits i the en it's good expedite and I would continues   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

Apply online, they will call you within the next week and ask you to come in for an interview, the interview is over-all pretty easy and very professional. After the interview you will complete two online tests at home, one is timed and the other is not. If you do a good job on both, then you should receive a call sooner or later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques (Tinton Falls, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straight forward. Nothing too difficult   Answer Question