Solta Medical Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2014
Updated Aug 13, 2014

2.3

Senior Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Solta Medical.

recruiter phone screen, hiring manager phone screen, peer phone screen, three trips on site with hiring manager, peers, and direct reports. Verbal offer then written offer. Negotiated for more options.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Solta Medical in July 2011.

Great HR personals, Good on site scheduling, Used RedCarpet process

very professional

Materials Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Solta Medical.

Expect to have at least 3 interviews before an offer is made to you.
    Many positions start as temporary to full time.
    Very open and friendly workplace.

Interview Questions
    I needed a job and took what they offered me.
    Reasonable pay and goodbenefits

Buyer/Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Solta Medical in June 2013.

Interview #1 - Phone interview with HR (corporate) was very good. The communication was open and welcoming. The first interview determines whether you make it to the next round. Length - 35 mins.

Interview #2 - Phone interview with the hiring manager. From my observation, the hiring manager was very intelligent and knew the exact type of person they were looking for. The questions were well ranged from experience to situational interactions. The interview felt casual and natural. No surprises. Length - 55 mins.

Interview #3 - Phone interview with corporate HR. There were repeated questions from the previous two interviews. A possible way to weed out those who aren't so truthful on their resumes? Length - 20 mins.

Interview #4 − 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager (the same person from the interview #2). Again, this was a great interview. At the very beginning of the interview, you told that you will definitely be informed of whether or not you will proceed. Near the end of this interview, I was given a very in-depth facility tour. Before the interview was over, the hiring manager asked a few more questions about experience. Overall, the interview with the hiring manager went really well. Length - 60 mins.

Also during this 4th interview, you meet with another manager from a different department (a department that would interact with the interviewing position). I was extremely impressed with the second manager. She was very professional and yet casual. Length - 45 mins.

Lastly you meet with a planner from another section. This interview didn't go so well because it felt like there was some tension. I had this feeling as they sat down and we went through introductions. I was interrupted a few times when trying to answer the questions given. Length - 45 mins.

Interview #5 - Phone interview with corporate HR. This was a different HR representative. Again questions were asked about my past experience but it was also a prep for the sixth interview. Length - 20 mins.

Interview #6. Facility visit. The 1st interview of the day was a Skype interview with a senior director from corporate. Again, the interview went very well. Length - 45 mins.

The 2nd interview was scheduled with the coordinating position (the person that you would work directly with). The same questions and format were followed. Like the last interviewer, this person was very knowledgable, almost to a point where I felt they might have been over qualified for their position. When this interview ended, I was actually very excited at the possibility to work with this person; I knew that she was someone who you could learn every day with. Length - 45 mins.

The 3rd interview of this day was with the HR manager for this facility. The questions asked and the interaction was a very positive experience. Questions involved more situational examples. Length - 45 mins.

The 4th interview of this day was another Skype session with another director from corporate. The same questions from previous interviews came up. What impressed me about this director was his motivation to push further education opportunities to his team. Length - 45 mins.

The 5th interview of the day was with the senior director of operations of the hiring facility. This director was well accomplished and intelligent. The only drawback was that it was the fifth interview of the day and I had just interviewed for 3 hours straight with no interruptions or a single bottle of water. I was impressed with him but I don't feel that my interview was as good as it was with the other sessions. Length - 80 mins.

I walked away very impressed with the entire team that I had interviewed with. This company has a great team and I believe they will succeed.

A day later I was contacted by corporate HR and they scheduled a final meeting with the hiring manager two days later. I was contacted the day of and told that they would have to reschedule to the next day. The next day came and again I was contacted and told that the meeting would be rescheduled. I was assured that I would be notified of whether or not I was chosen.

Five days passed and I contacted their HR, trying to find out about the final meeting with the hiring manager. I was told something came up and that they would contact me in a couple of days. The next week came and I contacted them, again I was told that something came up and for sure they would get in contact with me to schedule the meeting.

After a month of no contact, I had to assume that I wasn't the person for the position. I'm ok with that. I am disappointed in the way the company acted in the end though. It was unprofessional, especially for all the time I had invested, with the amount of interviews and the time I scheduled off of work to meet their requests. I would have been perfectly happy with an email that said, "We have decided to go in a different direction".

Interview Questions
    • Why did I decide to leave my career to follow my spouse's job that resulted in a relocation.   View Answer

Marketing Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Solta Medical.

Interview process was as I expected to be. They seem to want to hire people who are extremely experience and pay them for their specialty as well as adding in a ton of admin tasks to the position. TONS of travel involved and they seem to overwork and burn people out

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Solta Medical in July 2011.

Strange process. Interviewed with 5 people - and no one knew the responsibilities or focus of the job. Final interviewer told me they were 'changing' some roles, and had not defined that the position would cover. People were professional and nice - and very stressed. I was asked if I could work with engineers who didn't like marketing, and how I would thrive in a micromanaged environment. Just felt like the company was unclear about its goals and future.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with micromanagement?   View Answer
    • We're you engineering-centric here. If RD has an idea, they push for us to include it. How do you deal with that?   View Answer

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Solta Medical in February 2010.

I had two phone interviews and then was flown up to Hayward to meet with the team. They were highly professional at every stage of the process. I met with the Director of Marketing , sales and the rest of the product development team. They were clear on the job description and expectations. Although it wasn't a fit for my expertise, I wouldn't hesitate working for them in the future. They compensated me for the travel quickly and they treated me with respect and professionalism. I recommended a former colleague of mine to this company which led to a job offer. (The power of networking). Now that they are Solta Medical they have diversified and unlike other laser companies, they should continue to grow in the future. They have a reputation for working their people hard but also pay towards the top tier within the industry. Young, forward thinking company with a diverse product line. Trying to move from being an R&D driven company to a sales and marketing driven organization.

Interview Questions

Worked for Solta Medical? Contribute to the Community!