Solutia Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

2.7

Credit Manager Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Solutia in January 2009.

The interview process at Solutia was similar to processes at other employers. An initial phone interview to determine what experience you have and whether it would fit the job description. Then a face to face to determine if the personality and skills match those of the company. Given my first face to face interview was with a four person panel, I did not have a second interview, but I do know of some people within the company who did.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep up with happenings in your field? While it is a great question, I have never had it asked of me previously so it took me by surprise.   Answer Question

Insurance Follow Up Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

interviewed at Solutia in March 2010.

process was very casual. Manager called to set up an interview. The interview was more of a causal conversation among friends rather than a question/answer session. Prompt response on offer. There was no waiting game. Job offer was made the next day.

Customer Service Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Solutia.

Interviewed by phone and then 2 and 1/2 hours with several people in customer service.

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate salary, no benefits

Lab Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Solutia.

Starts with a phone interview, then a tour of the facility and a qualification test. After this, it moves to a panel interview with behavioral based questions, and then a possible offer if you're a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral based questions are very vague and don't apply to the work.   Answer Question

Transportation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Solutia in August 2012.

I was interviewed for 4 rounds and then got a reject. First round is HR, Tech. Manager phone round and then they called me for onsite. After that there is a Skype interview with a manager from EU. I thought that's the end. But finally they asked me to submit a behavioral test.

I guess my rejection is due to the VISA problem I had. Good luck with the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such. Just be prepare your self for the Technical and Behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Master Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Solutia in October 2011.

Phone interview was easy, but the panel interview was the toughest one. All behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • mistakes in the past, team work example, previous projects, etc   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Solutia in January 2012.

I applied online for this position which was a temporary position that was only for 7 months. The HR representative who called asked me various introductory questions. She seemed very impressed with my knowledge of the company. I asked when to expect a reply and the HR representative said next week. Instead, it was the next day and I got the e-mail stating that I got rejected.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Solutia in May 2011.

The phone interview was used to determine my careers goals and why I wanted to work for the company.

The group interview was with 3 supervisors, each had an opening. This was a behavioral interview for the most part.

No negotiating

QC Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Solutia in June 2011.

I was first contacted by HR personnel in order to set up an interview with two company members who were the head of the department that was hiring (chemistry labs). It was a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes where 1) the job was explained to me in much greater detail than was in the initial job posting and 2) I was asked to talk about my prior experience/background. At the end I was told that I would be notified within a week with either a rejection or I would be asked to come into their location to take a written test. I was not asked to the second round.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you've been headstrong to a fault.   Answer Question

Engineering Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Solutia in May 2010.

There was a tour of the lab followed by an interview. The interview consisted of behavioral questions which was a bit intimidating but the manager seemed to be more interested in the answers about my resume. The panel included the HR rep, manager, and someone that you will potentially work with.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to face a difficult problem and how you dealt with the problem.   Answer Question

Worked for Solutia? Contribute to the Community!