Solutionary

Solutionary Interview Questions

2.7

Marketing Automation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Solutionary in May 2013.

HR called, did a basic interview, sounded kind of bored with the whole process. He then sent me an online application, which is stupid, since they already had my resume and full work history. This is classic HR nonsense, they always want to fit everyone into the same boxes. Anyway, also had me fill out this ridiculous personality profile test. Really? You put stock in those crackpot things?
    Then, although I am overqualified for what they need, I never got a call from the hiring manager. He was probably afraid that I am more qualified than he is. Oh well your loss!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Solutionary in October 2012.

Phone interview with HR and then face to face with Security Operations Center manager.

Phone interview with HR:

- OSI model specific questions
     - Questions on what is a router, switch and hub
     - What is a IDS, IPS, DMZ and Firewall

Face to face with Management:

- Reasons why you feel you would be an asset to the company
    - Personality test (automated)
    - Reasons why you want to leave your current company
    - All and all not that technical as the phone interview was

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Solutionary in October 2012.

Phone interview from HR:
    - questions about the your knowledge on the OSI model.
     - Explain differences between Hubs, Routers and Switches
     - Explain Differences between worms, trojans and other malware.

Face to Face interview with Security Operations Manager:
    - Personality test results
    - Why do you feel you would be an asset to Solutionary?
    - not really technical

Interview Questions
    I agreed to 35,000 a year while going through 120 day On the Job Training, with an increase of 40,000 a year when training has completed.

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Solutionary in November 2009.

3 week process, but only because they want to make sure there is an opportunity for you to learn about Solutionary.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a client asked you to change a assessment rating?   View Answer
    Short. I was very happy with the offer.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Solutionary in September 2009.

I had 2 interview, which were very thourough. The questions were relevant to the job I was interviewing for. Interviewer was knowledgeable, firendly, and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can think of. All were in line with the job posting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Solutionary in July 2009.

Initial phone screen included basic networking and security questions, to establish background in the field. The on-site interview started with a written skills test. Then there were 2 local interviewers and one conferenced in from remote location. The next phase was a knowledge and how "might you do this" looking for analytical thought processes. Then more of a discussion about the company and position. Offer came 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • If cost were not an issue, can you show how you would design a network, including subnets, routers, firewalls, ids, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Solutionary in April 2009.

The human resources representative was kind/presentable on the phone. The first question asked was "Can you give me the 7 layers of the OSI model"? This was the first in a series of questions that revolved around common network knowledge. I was then asked to describe what layer(s) of the OSI model a router, hub, and switch operated on.

Interview Questions
    • What are the 7 layers of the OSI model.   View Answer

Hourly rate was too low for the requirements/knowledge needed to do the job successfully.