Solvay Pharmaceuticals

Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Solvay Pharmaceuticals in March 2010.

Interview Details – Had to get multi-page job application notarized and bring with to interview along with 3 copies of your brag book (which they kept just one). Seems ridiculous to turn in an application when you haven't even had the opportunity to decide if YOU even want to work for them. Guess it speeds things up if they want you. The Sales Managers were very nice and asked typical and predicable questions.

Interview Question – Describe your most difficult physician.   View Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Solvay Pharmaceuticals in November 2011.

Interview Details – it was great

Interview Question – Give me an example when you worked through a conflict with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Solvay Pharmaceuticals in November 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very clear. A phone interview first from HR, next a phone interview with DSM and last a one on one with DSM & RSM. Interview process started on a monday and was offered the job end of business day thursday in the same week. Great interview model and process.

Interview Question – What do you need to improve on as a sales rep. Always a dead end question.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I would have to move.

Contract Negotiator Interview

Contract Negotiator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Solvay Pharmaceuticals in April 2009.

Interview Details – It was mostly done over the phone, with the lead manager of the Department. The next was a call back again, from the same manager, with more indepth questions regarding specific needs for the project at hand. The third call was an offer to come into the building to meet, met with manager of Dept, as well as two others in the Dept.

Interview Question – The initial interview was mostly behavioral, there was not any specifics mentioned, just a hello and how are you. Be open, and sure of yourself. Don't be too agressive, but show definit interest   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always try to negotiate. I was able to get about 10% more than their first offer.

Worked for Solvay Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!