Solyndra, Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Fremont, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Solyndra, Inc. in June 2011.

Interview Details – I got the interview through an employee referral. I had three one on one interviews, one with a manager (half hour), one with a director (fifteen minutes), and one with an HR representative (fifteen minutes). Everyone was very friendly, and I got a tour after the interview. I received my offer after about a week and a half.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Fremont, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Solyndra, Inc. in May 2010.

Interview Details – Had 2 rounds of interviews, and it took them 5 months to actually send me an offer.

Interview Question – Asked a lot of about my previous job experience and my school projects   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Fremont, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Solyndra, Inc. in February 2011.

Interview Details – Initially applied through a college job fair. Received a phone call from a few days-1 week since the job fair. The interview was all technical and will (obviously) ask questions based off of what is written on the resume. Advice - review not only projects/work done that is on the resume, but also review the little things that is related to those subjects.

Interview Question – How would you increase/decrease the speed of a voltage regulator?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Process Engineer (Materials Engineer) Interview

Process Engineer (Materials Engineer)
Fremont, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Solyndra, Inc. in April 2008.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview
2. On-site interview by 5 interviewers (1:1)
3. Final notification

Product Manager Interview

Fremont, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Solyndra, Inc. in October 2009.

Interview Details – Overall, they were very honest and up front with expectations for the job opportunity. They were mostly interested in my work experience.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself within this company in 5/10 years?   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

Fremont, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Solyndra, Inc. in May 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring director found my profile and contacted me. The interview process was well organized consisting of an initial phone interview, emails from the admin, 1:1 interview with the hiring director, subsequent individual interviews with the group, and finally with the HR director. They were upfront that even with hundreds of employees, the company has a start-up atmosphere with long work hours and pressure to meet schedules. The HR director also asked for my salary range and told me to expect less for their range. The hiring director left the decision up to the team despite his preferences and was told one or more of the team did not think I was the best fit so I was not given an offer. He indicated I received positive feedback from the interview and told me he would see if there was another position in the company for me.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work weekends and however long it took to complete the tasks?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Solyndra, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Solyndra, Inc. interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Solyndra, Inc. employees and interview candidates.