Solyndra, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2015

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solyndra, Inc. (Fremont, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I got the interview through an employee referral. I had three one on one interviews, one with a manager (half hour), one with a director (fifteen minutes), and one with an HR representative (fifteen minutes). Everyone was very friendly, and I got a tour after the interview. I received my offer after about a week and a half.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solyndra, Inc. (Fremont, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Initially applied through a college job fair. Received a phone call from a few days-1 week since the job fair. The interview was all technical and will (obviously) ask questions based off of what is written on the resume. Advice - review not only projects/work done that is on the resume, but also review the little things that is related to those subjects.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase/decrease the speed of a voltage regulator?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solyndra, Inc. (Fremont, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

A bit of technical questions asked by future manager. Explained previous projects, and drew up a detailed description of each step of project on white board. The final interview with technology director was pretty easy, and more of a sell of Solyndra to me, instead of me selling myself to Solyndra. I also had a tour of the facility and was able to see where I would potentially be working. I met two others that were on the same team, but did not have to interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail how previous project steps of how it worked. Describe some issues that I have worked on in the past, and what troubleshooting steps I took to resolve.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solyndra, Inc. (Fremont, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of interviews, and it took them 5 months to actually send me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of about my previous job experience and my school projects   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solyndra, Inc. (Fremont, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Overall, they were very honest and up front with expectations for the job opportunity. They were mostly interested in my work experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself within this company in 5/10 years?   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Solyndra, Inc. (Fremont, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

The hiring director found my profile and contacted me. The interview process was well organized consisting of an initial phone interview, emails from the admin, 1:1 interview with the hiring director, subsequent individual interviews with the group, and finally with the HR director. They were upfront that even with hundreds of employees, the company has a start-up atmosphere with long work hours and pressure to meet schedules. The HR director also asked for my salary range and told me to expect less for their range. The hiring director left the decision up to the team despite his preferences and was told one or more of the team did not think I was the best fit so I was not given an offer. He indicated I received positive feedback from the interview and told me he would see if there was another position in the company for me.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work weekends and however long it took to complete the tasks?   Answer Question

Process Engineer (Materials Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Solyndra, Inc. (Fremont, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

1. Phone interview 2. On-site interview by 5 interviewers (1:1) 3. Final notification