Soma Intimates Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

1.9

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Soma Intimates (Omaha, NE) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, did a phone interview. I was asked to come in and interview with another manager at the store. Basically I was offered and accepted right away. They offered more then what I was expecting. It was not a stressful process at all. I could tell right away it was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• A lot of situational and "how to handle" questions. Pretty detailed questions.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Soma Intimates (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very intensive interview. Covered numerous subjects such as previous job responsibilities and duties. Most of the interview questions covered sales and quotas so it was very obvious that this was a main part of the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle employees who consistently fall short of their sales goals.   1 Answer

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Soma Intimates (Bloomington, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

I was recruited on linkedin and was interviewed over the phone by store manager. I was offered to complete an application and assessment (math timed for ten minutes and personality untimed). I was offered the position before I completed my application and was officially hired after I completed assessments online. She was very sweet and very excited about Soma.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered $1.4 above the average rate, so I was pleased with that.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Soma Intimates in September 2014.

Interview

Basic interview questions , why should we hire you, what do you like about you'r current job and what don't you like. Do you have any sale experience? Nothing difficult to answer. Was offered the job three day's later and started the following week

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Soma Intimates in September 2014.

Interview

I was interview by the head store manager then the associate store manager. The SM(store manager) was very nice and calm, which made the process seem very quick and easy, as well as the ASM who laid back. By the end of the interview(took an hour) both were referring to what I would start off doing,which insured me that I would get the job. The ASM showed me how to do a bra fitting and ask me if I ever worked(no work experience) but once I mentioned my volunteer work and my curent position in a committee she seemed to accept that. It took two days before they called me with the job offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work in a group.   1 Answer
    • How would you try to increase your sales of a customer is only shopping for a particular item?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiation.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very simple interview process. Didn't ask many questions, offered the job after interview. Only one interview with a manger from another store, just filled me in on the job description

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Soma Intimates in June 2014.

Interview

Applied mid may, called beginning of June to see if they reviewed my application, assistant manager stayed on the phone looking for it and asked me to come in for an interview that day. Went great. Got the job 2 days later. It's an amazing job and I love the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Just talked about the dress code.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Soma Intimates (Charlotte, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was interesting the SM Molly, was nice and very confidence about what the company was looking for in employee there. She explained how Soma difference from competitor, its not always about the sales but how you educated the customer on what bra or panty fix her need. The interview was group of just myself and other girl. We explained are background in retail and why it meant so much too possible work for Soma. Also she asked us what was our most satisfying and challenging experience; as well as how will we handle three customer when is only one of us in the front (one customer is at the register, the other is very anxious to checkout, and the third customer is asking for a bra fitting) . We asked her as a group what did she look for in an employee. She simply told us an employee who is willing to help the customer and work self efficiency with little help when needed.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult questions. The manager just want someone who has opening availability.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Soma Intimates (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

The whole interview progress took 7 weeks between phone interviews and face to face, although the interviewers were professional, they were very poor in communication. I had to call several times to see what was going on. Although the told me I was still in the running, in the end they didn't even bother calling me to let me know they had offered someone else the job. In that aspect I would say very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult, was a pretty simple interview, both the manager and district manager read questions that they had on a sheet in front of them.   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Soma Intimates (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Former manager referred me to the position. i came in to meet with general manager and she scheduled an interview with the district manager. unfortunately, she was unable to meet with me so i did phone interview with another store manager in florida area

Interview Questions

• there wasn't really anything difficult. you will be asked what helps motivate you   Answer Question