Soma Intimates

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Soma Intimates

Interview Details – Very simple interview process. Didn't ask many questions, offered the job after interview. Only one interview with a manger from another store, just filled me in on the job description

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Soma Intimates in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was interesting the SM Molly, was nice and very confidence about what the company was looking for in employee there. She explained how Soma difference from competitor, its not always about the sales but how you educated the customer on what bra or panty fix her need. The interview was group of just myself and other girl. We explained are background in retail and why it meant so much too possible work for Soma. Also she asked us what was our most satisfying and challenging experience; as well as how will we handle three customer when is only one of us in the front (one customer is at the register, the other is very anxious to checkout, and the third customer is asking for a bra fitting) . We asked her as a group what did she look for in an employee. She simply told us an employee who is willing to help the customer and work self efficiency with little help when needed.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult questions. The manager just want someone who has opening availability.   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Sales Lead
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Soma Intimates.

Interview Details – Former manager referred me to the position. i came in to meet with general manager and she scheduled an interview with the district manager. unfortunately, she was unable to meet with me so i did phone interview with another store manager in florida area

Interview Question – there wasn't really anything difficult. you will be asked what helps motivate you   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Soma Intimates.

Interview Details – First Interviewed with a store manager which was an extremely positive experience. Then got called either later that day or the next to set up another interview with the store manager that I would be working under, as well as with the DM. The second store manager interview was also extremely positive, then came the dm. She seemed super friendly and loved my experience and said she would be in touch. A week went by with no word, nor ever checking my references, so I called and they told me they decided to move forward with another candidate.

Interview Question – None, Basic interview questions and asking about your experience.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Part Time Sales Lead Interview

Part Time Sales Lead
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Soma Intimates in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on-line and two weeks later received a call for an interview. I arrived for the interview ten minutes early and waited for roughly twenty minutes while the assistant manager wrapped up a series of phone calls. I applied for the Store Manager position and found out I was interviewing for the PT Sales Lead. I couldn't figure out why until she said she couldn't find my application in the system. I gave her my resume and she asked why I was looking for PT work when I was a store manager already, and then I learned the Store Manager position was already filled.

I finished the interview anyway, though honestly it wasn't really much of an interview. She read from the list of requirements and responsibilities for the PT Sales Lead position and stopped every few bullets to say "yes, you have experience already in that," and had no questions for me. My entire interview was her reading the responsibilities for a job I didn't apply for to me. Not her fault, the 'system' lost my application for a job already filled, so yanno. She said she'd call me in an hour to come back in for another interview.

Interview Question – There were no questions, she just read to me.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Management

I applied online and interviewed at Soma Intimates.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email to schedule a time to have a interview. The interview was in another town and lasted about an hour. The questions were very basic and easy retail questions. I enjoyed the interview and was called back for a phone interview by another district manager. That interview was easy as well and only lasted about 10-15 minutes. Then they do a reference check and choose the best candidate. Customer service is the main motive of questioning.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Soma Intimates.

Interview Details – Three separate interviews at two separate locations. First was with the location I originally applied for. When I arrived at the store the manager was on the phone with the customer having an argument. The environment was uncomfortable and the manager was unprofessional by having an argument (that she was not handling well at all) on the sales floor on a busy Saturday while it was filled with customers. When the interview finally began she seemed disinterested in the whole process and at the very end informed me she didn't have the position available that I applied for. I left. I got a phone call later that day from a manager at a different location informing me that she had a position just open up. I met with her later that week at a coffee shop. She seemed nice and professional. She took a lot of notes and asked very detailed questions. It was overall a much more positive experience. I then met with the district manager a few days later. She was also nice and took a lot of notes, however she centered all of her questions around "how are you better than the internal candidate".

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – During the last interview I was given a salary range that my offer would be in. I simply stated that the range was not a comfortable salary for me, and that If I was too be offered something in that range I would be forced to decline for financial reasons. I received a phone call the next day with a verbal offer of $2 more an hour than the max they had previously given me.

Sales Lead Interview

Sales Lead

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Soma Intimates.

Interview Details – From the beginning: The manager from the store you wish to interview with must first send you an email inviting you to take the online assessment. After completing the assessment, your score is sent to a company wide data base where any management throughout all 4 brands can look to see how you did. If you pass your online test, the next step is an interview. The store manager will call you in and typically spend about 30-45 minutes interviewing you. The majority of the managers I have had the pleasure to meet are very high energy and are looking for the same from their potential employees. Your passion for your customers will be what you want to emphasize the most. If for nothing else, Soma is known for their customer service. If applying for a sales associate, you may have an interview with the assistant manager before any decisions are made. If you are applying for a Sales Lead or ASM position you would next interview with the DSM. If the DSM is not available at the time, she may ask a manager from another store to do a quick interview first before interviewing herself. The DSMs I've dealt with like to make things short and sweet. I have felt as though they do not want to be bothered with anyone under the assistant manager role. When the interviews are done, you can expect a phone call within a week or two where the store manager will give you an offer for pay and ask you to come aboard. If you accept, the next step is going into the store and filling out all your paperwork and start training!

Interview Question – Since Soma takes customer service very seriously, answering questions on how to deal with upset customers may be difficult if you have never been in the position before. But the question that I had a bit of trouble with was "Why should we choose you for this position instead of one of the many other candidates?" You have to know how to sell yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation. They have their pay scale set and they wont budge much.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Soma Intimates

Interview Details – It was one interview with the assistant manager. I was lucky because we were very much alike. She asked me about my strengths, my background, and how I would react to certain situations. One example would be: "If a customer walked into the store, what would be some things you would say in order to get them interested?"

Interview Question – The most difficult question was probably "What is one of your weaknesses?". I list this as difficult because most people usually say "nothing". After I had gotten the job, my interviewer told me how impressed she was that I was honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, we talked about pay, hours and dress code.

Very Easy Interview

Part-Time Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Soma Intimates.

Interview Details – The interview was very casual. I was interviewed by ass. store manager in addition to the store manager. Both asked situational questions... "what if a customer asked you this?" "How would you respond to them if that?" "What have you done in this experience before?" "Tell us how you'd do this" etc. They offered me the job right away... Immediately after the interview was over. Before the interview, I had to fill out a resume and complete a basic math test. The math test was actually pretty difficult. I haven't done math since college so I was pretty rusty on fractions and what not but nonetheless if I can pass anyone can!

Negotiation Details – No negotiating pay.

Worked for Soma Intimates? Contribute to the Community!