Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,024 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Microsoft User Experience Researcher Interview Question

I interviewed in Bellevue, WA and was asked:
"Someone on the team has a strong opinion about how a certain feature should be designed, but you disagree that it is a good user experience. How do you approach the situation?"
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a User Experience Researcher Interview Review - one of 3,166 Microsoft Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
I was asked this very same question during my interview. I answered that: (1) obviously that person has thought about his/her position before taking that stance; (2) I assume that we all want to do a good job and improve the product; (3) start with common ground from that opinion and show how that opinion is somehow flawed - show a divergence; (4) be diplomatic.... I got the job but somehow I think this was not the right answer.
- Someone on Jun 13, 2013 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Microsoft – Why Work for Us?

What do you want in a job? Do you want more than a paycheck? At Microsoft, you can discover potential you didn’t know you had, push your limits, turn your ideas into reality and make a real impact on the industry and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees and interview candidates.