Sonic Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

1.7

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sonic (Lufkin, TX).

Interview

Interview was brief & very easy . Manager was nice and she interview me outside .. No pressure and it was a good vibe feeling . Being my first job I was really scared but it's something that comes to you . Be yourself and it'll be fine

Car Hop Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sonic.

Interview

Interview was a simple application and sit down process, With in 15 minutes we shook on my employment and proceeded to make copies of my personals (I.D\\Social) Etc. Very pleased with the amount of time this took.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time you went above and beyond in the work place?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bossier City, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sonic (Bossier City, LA).

Interview

1st Interviewer was my cousin so that worked out good. Second interview was unfortunately not my cousin. Asked a lot of questions that were really just run around questions to confuse you a lot.

Car-Hop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sonic (Fullerton, CA).

Interview

I heard about the job from a friend who had gotten an on-the-spot interview earlier in the day and applied to the location the same day (a few weeks before it officially opened). It was a very casual, application and interview process. The two managers, at the time, sat on the outdoor patio and conducted short, simple interviews and hired people on the spot. It seemed like they were accepting most applicants who seemed like good people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Have you ever eaten at a Sonic before?   1 Answer
    • What makes you qualified to work for us?   1 Answer
    • How long did you play hockey for? Roller or ice? My son played hockey. etc.   1 Answer
    • Are you attached to your beard?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sonic (Newcastle, OK).

Interview

Interview was a piece of cake, even for me--a girl with anxiety. they just asked me if i could count change and if i had non-slip shoes. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Do you have nonslip shoes?   1 Answer

Car Hop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sonic (Greenwood, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

I put in an application on a Thursday and got a call back on Saturday, he scheduled me an interview on Sunday at 5:30. I had my interview outside (my Sonic doesn't have an inside) he asked a few questions, got another car hop to explain the job to me and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Do you have slip resistant shoes?   1 Answer
    • Are you good at counting money?   1 Answer
    • Asked for two forms of ID.   1 Answer
    • Asked my availability.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be yourself when you go to your interview because most managers can tell when you aren't being yourself. Always smile and make eye contact with whoever is doing yout interview and always ask questions.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sonic in June 2015.

Interview

Applied a few weeks ago, didn't get a call until 3 weeks later. He called me at 5 in the afternoon (which in my opinion I thought was unprofessional) I was asked to come in to an interview the very next day. I thought the interview went well except for the fact that he seemed a bit irritated and impatient since I was the second to last interview. There were many teens especially waiting for an interview. I personally thought I could have done better but I'm waiting on the call now.

Interview Questions

• When are you going to start school?   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peyton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sonic (Peyton, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted online application, got a call back several weeks later, went in for interview. sat down with manager, spoke for 5 to 10 minutes about the job and answered some questions. got a call back the next day telling me to come in and fill out paperwork for hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sonic (Sherman, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online in the middle of the week. I got a call at the end of week and set up an interview for the following evening. I arrived at the interview 10 minutes early. We conducted the interview outside. The hiring manager was very friendly. I'm going to go fill out paperwork tomorrow with my driver's license and social security card. I also need to get a food handlers permit. Then we're going to set up my schedule and I'm going to get trained.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What negotiation?

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sonic (McDonough, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was simple. They called me and scheuled an appt. @ 9 am for that upcoming monday. I came early and started right away. I wore business casual attire and it lasted literally 5 mins. He was nice & polite and asked simple questions like "what times can you work?" "are you still in school?" "have you ever worked in fast food?". And after I answered I got hired on the spot & they emailed me the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What times are you available?   1 Answer