Sonic

1.7

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Sonic in January 2015.

Found out about the position from Craigslist. They had a job fair so my best friend & I went together. We were the first ones there & they gave us a paper application to fill out even though we did an online application. After we did the application the hiring manager came out & was very nice & started my interview first . I don't remember the questions because it was so long ago but it was VERY EASY ! After the interview u was told i would get a call in two weeks if i got the job. Two weeks passed anf i didnt get a call so i called them nire than once and finally just gave up. I dressed up too but believe me do not dress up for a sonic interview. My interviewer wore shorts, a tank top, & sun glasses. Just be yourself

Cashier Interview

Pretty easy. But took twenty day progress The manager was nice easy going joked around didnt feel nervous at all. She didnt ask many questions like my previous interviews working there was pretty easy everyone hot along an were nice

None really

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sonic.

My friend and I saw a "Now hiring" sign so we went through the drive-thru to get an application since we assumed we weren't allowed inside. The assistant told us we needed to come inside for an application. Upon receiving the application she told us about the open interview times. I returned for the open interview with the GM which was pretty short and was hired on the spot. You will most likely get hired on the spot or not at all.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about my interests, work ethic, and availability.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

CarHop Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sonic in December 2014.

I had turned in my application on a Tuesday . The GM told to call the next Tuesday . I already knew I had the job because my reference was a GM from another Sonic . So the following Tuesday I went to the interview I had to wait about 15 minutes . then I had he interview with all the 3 managers , GM , and the Owner of 3 cities worth of Sonics so we talked . it wasn't hard questions it was generally a long conversation about my view points of life . so the following week they called me back and I was hired . WELCOME OTHE DRIVE-IN !

Interview Questions
    • Do I have a problem with a full crew of female mangers .   Answer Question
    Would I be able to work late hours because im still in high school .

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sonic in December 2014.

Applied Online, called GM the next day to ask if she received my application, which she said she would look over later. Got a call the next day to set up an interview. Went to the interview 2 days later. The GM was very nice, asked standard questions, shared a few personal stories. At the end she said it was a 'positive interview' and she would give me a call. It's been a week and I haven't received one yet.

Interview Questions
    • Why Sonic?
      What do you plan on doing in 5 years?
      How would you deal with an unruly customer?
      How would you deal with jealous coworkers?

Answer Question

CarHop Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sonic in November 2014.

The Assistant Manager gave a straight forward interview. The interview began with a staff meeting. You had a chance to meet the whole crew and get to know the environment. I got hired on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • If you could be an animal, what would you be?   View Answer

Drive Thru Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Sonic in October 2014.

I applied online and was email two days later to come in and interview. When I got there, there was a sign notifying that interviews would be conducted three at a time, but I only interviewed with one other person.This Sonic was still under construction, so I would assume this is why they were conducted in groups. The interview was held in a trailer on the construction site. Overall, it was an okay interview, but the interviewers seemed to be bored and made it obvious that they did not want to be there - it seemed like a burden to them.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult or unexpected really. The only question I was not prepared for was "What are you looking for in a manger?"   Answer Question

Drive Thru Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sonic in October 2014.

I filled out and application online, and a few weeks later, I came to the interview (as listed on their craigslist ad). We were interviewed three at a time. We were asked about our strengths, weaknesses, why we should be hired, and why we would want to work at Sonic. We each told the interviewer 3-4 sentences about ourselves in the beginning. It was weird because there was no order in which we answered, it was just whoever spoke first and so on. She was very nice, it was a low stress environment, and I hardly felt any pressure. At the end, I handed her my resume, thanked her for the opportunity and left.

CarHop Interview

The entire interview was very haphazard, and easy to say the least. I was greeted, offered a drink numerous times, and interviewed with questions such as what would you do with an upset costumer

Interview Questions
    • There was a sheet of math questions, not too hard, but very on the spot.   Answer Question

CarHop Interview

Took a week or two to get a call about a job interview. Went in early and was interviewed by the manager. Talked alot about stress and handling it, plus normal questions. Wasn't hard, and the manager said I probably would get the job. Never got a call back, though.