SonicWALL Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

3.1

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SonicWALL.

Interview

Initial phone interview with Manager followed by a Technical Panel Interview. This was followed by another technical phone interview followed by HR. The initial interview was all about getting to know you. The panel interview was more scenario based questions along with the usual technical questions. The follow up phone interview was impromptu to gauge how one responds to unexpected questions when not prepared.

Interview Questions

• How will you react if the Client is upset even though its not your fault.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SonicWALL (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I've been in this company 5 interviews, two of them were on the phone and three face-to-face. I was told that they would give an answer within 24 hours but have not answered, and answered in a week

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SonicWALL (San Jose, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

HR responded in less then 24hrs to my resume submitted via Dell website. Had interview with hiring manager in 24hrs. Interviewed with two potential peer managers then the hiring manager. Ran out of time with hiring manager. I researched Dell SonicWall briefly through ReferenceUSA, a current employee in a different organization from the , plus a user of their products. The culture seems laid back but fast paste. There seems to be concern about how engineers all have their own way of doing things, but not enough concern to mandate standards. They do not want someone who will rock the boat or add non-productive tasks to the engineers workload. Dell just acquired SonicWall in April 2012 and is taking a slow approach to integrating them into the corporate culture. Managers are not "people managers" in the traditional sense. They are more project/process managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the network architecture and products you used on previous projects.   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SonicWALL (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I got a phone interview with an engineer in the group. Then I came in for an onsite interview with manager and a group of engineers.

Interview Questions

• I was given a code exercise during the onsite interview. The questions are not very difficult and just unexpected. Also, some of questions themselves are not correct and I need correct the questions before answering them.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Yes, I'm able to negotiate my base salary.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SonicWALL (San Jose, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

phone int 1) Asked me about basic networking questions related to TCP/IP, STP, VLANs, Asked me about previous work experience.Asked about some Basic Security questions Onsite Detailed questions about Security and networking questions like Tunneling,vlans,routing..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is a bit irritating negotiating with them. Not great salaries. They still negotiate even if your are being payed less than the market pay

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SonicWALL (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

complete process took 2 days i got a call from HR and the manager they wanted a Skype session done as i am in gurgaon and they are in banglore i arranged for it manager called me on Skype and then interview was rescheduled around for 2 hours later this was to be the technical interview interview was very good i was able to answer all technical questions it also had 2 simple scenarios which i answered easily but i still did not get offer looks like they are not able to pay the salary i requested for

Interview Questions

• ip fragmentation,main mode,vlan,radius server , dns server   1 Answer

Staff Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SonicWALL (Bangalore (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

Screening was done through telephonic round and then I was called for one on one. Interview went on for 3 hours approximately and manager kept asking questions and in between he kept calling other people as well just to keep asking things from their respective domain. Manager was friendly and we had an analytical interview which was based on CV. It was a nice experience. We discussed a lot about PKI, SSL and other technologies.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to PKI, SSL and related to what I have worked in past.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SonicWALL in March 2012.

Interview

3 hours phone screen + 5 hours on-site

Product Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SonicWALL (Bangalore (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

tough interview process to recruit the best

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SonicWALL in September 2010.

Interview

Phone interview - 1 hr Tech. question - CCNA Interview 1:1 Hr - Background Check Tech Interview 2:1 - CCNA Questions + Language Skills ( Spanish - Italian) Close interview 1:1 HR. Last interview - Video Conf. with Germany - English.