SonicWALL

Relevance Date Difficulty

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at SonicWALL in January 2009.

Interview Details – phone int
1) Asked me about basic networking questions related to TCP/IP, STP, VLANs, Asked me about previous work experience.Asked about some Basic Security questions

Onsite

Detailed questions about Security and networking questions like Tunneling,vlans,routing..

Interview Question – nothing much difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is a bit irritating negotiating with them.

Not great salaries.

They still negotiate even if your are being payed less than the market pay

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SonicWALL in April 2013.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview with an engineer in the group. Then I came in for an onsite interview with manager and a group of engineers.

Interview Question – I was given a code exercise during the onsite interview. The questions are not very difficult and just unexpected. Also, some of questions themselves are not correct and I need correct the questions before answering them.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Yes, I'm able to negotiate my base salary.

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SonicWALL in August 2013.

Interview Details – I've been in this company 5 interviews, two of them were on the phone and three face-to-face. I was told that they would give an answer within 24 hours but have not answered, and answered in a week

Interview Question – Networking   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineering Project Manager (ISO Compliance) Interview

Engineering Project Manager (ISO Compliance)
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SonicWALL in June 2013.

Interview Details – HR responded in less then 24hrs to my resume submitted via Dell website. Had interview with hiring manager in 24hrs. Interviewed with two potential peer managers then the hiring manager. Ran out of time with hiring manager. I researched Dell SonicWall briefly through ReferenceUSA, a current employee in a different organization from the , plus a user of their products. The culture seems laid back but fast paste. There seems to be concern about how engineers all have their own way of doing things, but not enough concern to mandate standards. They do not want someone who will rock the boat or add non-productive tasks to the engineers workload. Dell just acquired SonicWall in April 2012 and is taking a slow approach to integrating them into the corporate culture. Managers are not "people managers" in the traditional sense. They are more project/process managers.

Interview Question – Tell me about the network architecture and products you used on previous projects.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SonicWALL? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SonicWALL interview questions and advice in San Jose, CA. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by SonicWALL employees and interview candidates.