Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at SonicWALL
- Software Engineer (1)
- Senior Manager (1)
- Test Engineer (1)
- Staff Test Engineer (1)
- Product Support Engineer (1)
- Principal Software Engineer (1)
- Engineering (1)
- QA (1)
- QA Engineer (1)
- Technical Support Engineer (1)
- Support (1)
- Tech Support - Spanish/Italian (1)
- Engineering Project Manager (ISO Compliance) (1)
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at SonicWALL (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.
I've been in this company 5 interviews, two of them were on the phone and three face-to-face. I was told that they would give an answer within 24 hours but have not answered, and answered in a week
- Networking Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at SonicWALL (San Jose, CA) in June 2013.
HR responded in less then 24hrs to my resume submitted via Dell website. Had interview with hiring manager in 24hrs. Interviewed with two potential peer managers then the hiring manager. Ran out of time with hiring manager. I researched Dell SonicWall briefly through ReferenceUSA, a current employee in a different organization from the , plus a user of their products. The culture seems laid back but fast paste. There seems to be concern about how engineers all have their own way of doing things, but not enough concern to mandate standards. They do not want someone who will rock the boat or add non-productive tasks to the engineers workload. Dell just acquired SonicWall in April 2012 and is taking a slow approach to integrating them into the corporate culture. Managers are not "people managers" in the traditional sense. They are more project/process managers.
- Tell me about the network architecture and products you used on previous projects. 1 Answer
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at SonicWALL (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.
I got a phone interview with an engineer in the group. Then I came in for an onsite interview with manager and a group of engineers.
- I was given a code exercise during the onsite interview. The questions are not very difficult and just unexpected. Also, some of questions themselves are not correct and I need correct the questions before answering them. 2 Answers
Yes, I'm able to negotiate my base salary.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at SonicWALL (San Jose, CA) in January 2009.
1) Asked me about basic networking questions related to TCP/IP, STP, VLANs, Asked me about previous work experience.Asked about some Basic Security questions
Detailed questions about Security and networking questions like Tunneling,vlans,routing..
- nothing much difficult Answer Question
It is a bit irritating negotiating with them.
Not great salaries.
They still negotiate even if your are being payed less than the market pay
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review