Sonoco Products Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

3.1

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sonoco Products.

Interview

Two panel interviews, first with Regional Managers and second with Regional Safety VP as well as VP of Manufacturing. Direct, to-the-point interview -- was extremely straightforward. Received an email withing 5 business days noting that a formal job offer was pending. Received a call with job offer approximately 3 days later.

Intern Interview

Interview

The hiring process was brief. I think it was just a phone call if I remember correctly. It didn't take me very long. I am not sure if this is an accurate representation of the hiring process, though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sonoco Products (Hartsville, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with video Async interview (one-sided which was a little awkward), they flew me out to headquarters a few days later with rental car and nice hotel accommodations. Had a full day of interviews with multiple different people including going to lunch and interviewing with the VP, and I found out I was hired 3 days later. Very speedy process and everyone made me feel very welcome!

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a veteran plant employee telling you that he knows his job and you don't, so you can't tell him what to do or how things would be "better"?   Answer Question
    • What is the biggest challenge you've had in life so far?   Answer Question

Interview

I interviewed for the Management Trainee Program with Sonoco Recycling. The initial interview was on campus after a career fair. Three weeks later I got an email informing me I had another interview in Hartsville where Sonoco headquarters are located. I stayed overnight, the first night was a dinner with a presentation about Sonoco. The next day I had an interview with a plant manager and hr person.

Interview Questions

• Are you experienced with mechanical repairs? If so explain your background and experience.   Answer Question

SETUP TECH Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sonoco Products (Morristown, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

It was laid back and had all the usual question. Very good interview. This company will take good care of its employess. You get plenty of money for nice work shoes as soon as your hired and they give uniforms that include 5 pairs of nice work pants a year and shirts

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sonoco Products (Hartsville, SC).

Interview

Phone interview followed by a panel style interview on-site. Traditional behavioral-based questions. No case questions. The Sonoco work environment seems very traditional and corporate. The people are all nice and friendly. The interview was very conversational, and did not feel like a grill session. The interviewers injected their questions as follow-ups to the conversation we were having.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have worked with a difficult person on a team.   1 Answer

General Recruiting Interview

Interview

The interview process is about 30-40 minutes. I was asked a lot of specific experience, like could you explain the internship experience? What you have learned from the experience. HR is very nice and professional. I did not get too harsh questions in the interview. The only thing I recommend is being prepared for this kind of question (past specific experience).

Interview Questions

• No difficult question. But should be really familiar with your resume.   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sonoco Products.

Interview

use panel interviews. nothing very structured.

Interview Questions

• expect a lot of questions regarding safety   1 Answer

Negotiation

protracted

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sonoco Products (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2013.

Interview

Went to a campus recruiting event my sophomore year with no experience at all, and I was approached my a representative so I immediately took it as a good sign that they maybe be interested. Interviewed the next day. That was my first interview and I was nervous. The interviewer was very nice though and gave me great feedback.

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

College career fair interview was the first step. Then a phone interview with 2 upper level managers. Then an onsite panel interview with 4 upper level managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Seamless discussions with HR