Sonoco Products Interview Questions

3.2

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartsville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsville, SC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Sonoco Products.

Phone interview followed by a panel style interview on-site. Traditional behavioral-based questions. No case questions. The Sonoco work environment seems very traditional and corporate. The people are all nice and friendly. The interview was very conversational, and did not feel like a grill session. The interviewers injected their questions as follow-ups to the conversation we were having.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have worked with a difficult person on a team.   View Answer

General Recruiting Interview

The interview process is about 30-40 minutes. I was asked a lot of specific experience, like could you explain the internship experience? What you have learned from the experience. HR is very nice and professional. I did not get too harsh questions in the interview. The only thing I recommend is being prepared for this kind of question (past specific experience).

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question. But should be really familiar with your resume.   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Sonoco Products.

use panel interviews. nothing very structured.

Interview Questions
    • expect a lot of questions regarding safety   View Answer
    protracted

Strategy & Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sonoco Products in January 2012.

1st step was a phone interview where they asked about my past experience, what I was looking for in a job, what I could offer to their initiatives, and if I thought they were a good fit for me.
    2nd step was a case presentation. They gave me just over 24 hours to research a specific industry. I had to choose a country to take my industry into, develop a strategy, etc. My assignment was to present a 5 slide powerpoint that. This was done over a web conference. I had a written offer within 5 days.

Interview Questions
    • What insights from your older job do you think could help take our company forward?   Answer Question
    I was pleased with the written offer letter, which included a salary, housing allowance, and start date. I printed this letter, signed it, and faxed it back.

Management Trainee Interview

College career fair interview was the first step. Then a phone interview with 2 upper level managers. Then an onsite panel interview with 4 upper level managers

Seamless discussions with HR

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Sonoco Products.

The entire process was terrible. Did sevetral rounds of phone and face to face interviews. Then was asked to submit a written paragraph of a project that I have done. Then was asked to come back (traveling from out of state) for a 1 hour interview. Told them no. After the first visit to the location was told would make a decision in 2 weeks. 3 months later, got a ding email.

Business Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sonoco Products in January 2009.

The process took a long time overall, but once I actually interviewed with various people was not too stressful or grueling. Met many key functional leads for a full day and they all asked fairly similar questions (mostly on background and experience).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult boss you had and what you did to handle the situation   Answer Question
    Yes, I initially declined and asked for more salary (not by much), and more vacation

Maintenance/Mold Set Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sonoco Products in September 2010.

Interview with the Maintenance Supervisor and head of human resources, basic experience questions, some testing, plant walk-through if called back for second interview, what are your pay requirements etc.

Interview Questions
    came in blind as to the average salary for te position, bid low and was accepted immediately.

Mill Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lancaster, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sonoco Products in April 2008.

Initial contact and phone interview was conducted through an internal recruiter. We discussed the requirements for the position and my experience. After I was called back and asked to come to their HQ for further, in-person interviews. There were approximately 5 interviews with upper level managers and the internal recruiter. Typical situation type interviews, discussions about my previous experience and questions about myself and where do I see myself in 5 years. They have a standard list of questions, however, the higher up the manager giving the interview, the less they stick to the questions. I felt it was a fair (not easy/not tough) interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you disagreed with your manager. How did you go about influencing their decision?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate above my current salary, however, I was able to negotiate for the 3 weeks of vacation I already had with my current employer.

Student Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sonoco Products in March 2013.

I was contacted for an interview after speaking with them at a Career Fair. The interview process was pretty straightforward, they asked about my previous job experience and my classes. I was a business student so I don't think they were interviewing many of those, mostly engineering students. They didn't get back to me for a long time so I had already thought that I hadn't gotten the job by the time they called me to tell me I had.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions, none were unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, however they paid me very well for an intern, so no negotiations were necessary.

Worked for Sonoco Products? Contribute to the Community!