Sonos

Relevance Date Difficulty

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sonos in July 2011.

Interview Details – I initially did a phone interview with the recruiter, who was super nice. We talked for about an hour, and she let me ask tons of questions about the position. She invited me to come in for an on-site interview the following week. I wore a suit to the interview, which was unnecessary. The atmosphere of the Santa Barbara store is definitely casual. Once I was in the interviewing room, I took off my jacket. I was provided with an interview schedule for the day, which would last about 3.5 hours. I was interviewed by 5 or 6 different people, all of whom were very friendly and fun. I was not sure about the position when I went in (Receptionist position is not my dream job) but after seeing the work culture and meeting the people, I decided I'd take it if they offered it. The final interview of the day was with the person who would be overseeing me, and she made it really clear that they wanted someone long-term. She grilled me about my future plans, asking several, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" type questions, which I attempted to answer, knowing I would be going back to school in the next 1-2 years. I felt like their expectations for this position were pretty unrealistic. They said they wanted someone who "really wanted to be a receptionist" and who wasn't looking to advance in the company.

A couple weeks later, the recruiter called me and told me that they had gone with another candidate who had more experience than me.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sonos? Contribute to the Community!