Sonus Networks Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

Senior Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process is overall unprofessional. The hiring manager called for phone screening and he spoke most of the time. The in person interview ended and hiring manager asked me to call back the day after to checkin and when I did so he would not return my calls or answers and hangs up with an excuse. HR was absent all together through the entire process. When brought up the issue with the CEO and the HR, they both said positive things and wanted to talk to me in person, but at the end of the they did not.

Interview Questions

• Trivial questions. For some reasons they all asked the same question on how I would help the company.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Multiple phone screens and in-person rounds. Started with VP of group, then went to several Technical directors to determine best fit, then immediate manager and finally Human Resources for offer, salary and package negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Different technology questions to see best fit in organization.   Answer Question
    • What is my style for learning and training.   Answer Question
    • Try to get feel for personality type.   Answer Question
    • Asked example sales wins, typical PoC process and customer segment experience.   Answer Question

Verification Lab Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through college portal. Got call in a week for onsite interview. Panel of 3 members. Very friendly. They dint ask technical questions. Just checked my interest in networking field, about the position and their company. They gave a tour of their labs. If your resume has OSI protocols and interest/exp in networking field, you will get a call. Basic HR questions. They wanted to take an amateur student and give him/her good networking/lab experience. They dont expect you to work and complete a task for them. You will gain good learning experience. They are flexible about timings (full time/part time). Dint discuss about the pay during interview. Chance of year round internship if you perform well and they have requirement.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (India, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Nice and tough minimum 3 round of interview.Technical panel are good hqving sound knowledge.They will ask in and out of technical so be prepared.Just tell them what you know dont try to fool them

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Group interview with a number of senior managers. kinda chaotic, not well organized. Spent minimal amount of time with each, didn't lead to opportunity to ask many questions. Went into job not as well as informed as maybe I could of been. Mind seemed made up that I was going to get the job before interview even started

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 vice presidents, was given an opportunity to start as an intern after which i was offered a full time position within the company. I contacted the VP by looking at the executive profile on the website. I set up an interview with one of the vps during which he asked a colleague to join him.

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to the company's success.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Freehold, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process is nice and friendly. Some high-level questions and some technical questions. They show the lab and explain the product lines. The entire interview experience is nice. They introduce me to all the members in the group. Everyone is very friendly and I feel very comfortable working there.

Interview Questions

• What is the different between abstract class and normal class in C++   Answer Question

Resident Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sonus Networks in August 2010.

Interview

You will be tested on unix -since all the platforms are solaris base, so be sure to know at least basic unix. Sip -is the protocol of choice, so ensure that you are familiar with all the messages and conversion to other protocols -eg sip to ss7. Networking 101 is also a must. General telephony routing knowledge is also helpful.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question one about oracle database queries. I had not used oracle up to this point.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

Employee friend of mine referred me to Strategy group. I had previously worked at Sonus so I knew a number of people within the company, although I did not know the hiring manager. Had initial, quick phone conversation with VP Strategy and he suggested I come in to meet him in Westford. Met with VP Strategy and had a very informal discussion around the industry, the emerging technologies and the competitors within the space. Discussion lasted about 1.5hours. Met with VP Human Resources and we discussed overall processes Sonus operates under, pay plans and structure around packages as well as company advancement and mobility options. After meeting with VP HR, went back to meet up with VP Strategy and he signaled his intention that he was interested in putting an offer together. Over following couple of weeks, had numerous phone conversations with VP Strategy and negotiations began for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Since the interview process was very informal and discussion like, there wasn't any one question that was unexpected. The difficulty was in knowing whether the topics of conversation were adequately answered by me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase had a lot of bureaucracy. I sometimes felt like I was negotiating to come work for a 5 billon dollar company instead of a 300 million dollar one. But my understanding is process is far better since 2012. My negotiation was in 2010 where the processes were from prior CEO/CFO

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview was conducted separately by HR, Hiring Manager, 3 department heads in 4 hr window. Can be described as thorough.

Interview Questions

• Not sure of your qualifications?   1 Answer