Sonus Networks Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.9

Senior Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process is overall unprofessional. The hiring manager called for phone screening and he spoke most of the time. The in person interview ended and hiring manager asked me to call back the day after to checkin and when I did so he would not return my calls or answers and hangs up with an excuse.

HR was absent all together through the entire process. When brought up the issue with the CEO and the HR, they both said positive things and wanted to talk to me in person, but at the end of the they did not.

Interview Questions

• Trivial questions. For some reasons they all asked the same question on how I would help the company.   Answer Question

Verification Lab Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sonus Networks (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through college portal. Got call in a week for onsite interview. Panel of 3 members. Very friendly. They dint ask technical questions. Just checked my interest in networking field, about the position and their company. They gave a tour of their labs. If your resume has OSI protocols and interest/exp in networking field, you will get a call. Basic HR questions. They wanted to take an amateur student and give him/her good networking/lab experience. They dont expect you to work and complete a task for them. You will gain good learning experience. They are flexible about timings (full time/part time). Dint discuss about the pay during interview. Chance of year round internship if you perform well and they have requirement.

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sonus Networks (India, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Nice and tough minimum 3 round of interview.Technical panel are good hqving sound knowledge.They will ask in and out of technical so be prepared.Just tell them what you know dont try to fool them

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

Employee friend of mine referred me to Strategy group. I had previously worked at Sonus so I knew a number of people within the company, although I did not know the hiring manager. Had initial, quick phone conversation with VP Strategy and he suggested I come in to meet him in Westford. Met with VP Strategy and had a very informal discussion around the industry, the emerging technologies and the competitors within the space. Discussion lasted about 1.5hours.
    Met with VP Human Resources and we discussed overall processes Sonus operates under, pay plans and structure around packages as well as company advancement and mobility options.
    After meeting with VP HR, went back to meet up with VP Strategy and he signaled his intention that he was interested in putting an offer together.
    Over following couple of weeks, had numerous phone conversations with VP Strategy and negotiations began for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Since the interview process was very informal and discussion like, there wasn't any one question that was unexpected. The difficulty was in knowing whether the topics of conversation were adequately answered by me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase had a lot of bureaucracy. I sometimes felt like I was negotiating to come work for a 5 billon dollar company instead of a 300 million dollar one. But my understanding is process is far better since 2012. My negotiation was in 2010 where the processes were from prior CEO/CFO

Resident Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sonus Networks in August 2010.

Interview

You will be tested on unix -since all the platforms are solaris base, so be sure to know at least basic unix. Sip -is the protocol of choice, so ensure that you are familiar with all the messages and conversion to other protocols -eg sip to ss7. Networking 101 is also a must. General telephony routing knowledge is also helpful.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question one about oracle database queries. I had not used oracle up to this point.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview was conducted separately by HR, Hiring Manager, 3 department heads in 4 hr window. Can be described as thorough.

Interview Questions

• Not sure of your qualifications?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in March 2008.

Interview

very quick interviewed with 4-5 people, a few days later I was presented with an offer

Interview Questions

• How has your past experience helped you to qualify for this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

salary

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sonus Networks.

Interview

Went via a thirdparty hiring company after an aptitude test and resume shortlist. Gave 2 technical interviews, one to a lead the other to the hiring manager. This was at the office itself and took 1 day. Followed by an HR discussion after a couple of weeks. Since I was a fresher, did not go for negotiation.

Interview Questions

• College projects related in depth, basic Data Structures and OOPs concepts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It is an awesome experience
    it consist 4 rounds ..
    1st telephonic round
    2 technical round
    2 manager round

Techanical based on java data structures nms ems that you have worked on ....etc etc

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sonus Networks (Bangalore (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

Round 1: Screening Interview at Freshersworld.com (should be easy)
    Round 2: Objective written exam Pan-India consisting of general aptitude(easy), networking, C , C++, Java and testing(The question paper has it. Development folks need not write it)
    Round 3: Basics of C. (Pointers, access specifiers), puzzles, Linux, Networking(socket programming), little bit of OS
    Round 4: HR -> you will make it for sure. :) if you dont bad luck..

Interview Questions

• nothing really difficult. strong basics should get you through   Answer Question