Sonus Networks

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Resident Engineer Interview

Resident Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sonus Networks in August 2010.

Interview Details – You will be tested on unix -since all the platforms are solaris base, so be sure to know at least basic unix. Sip -is the protocol of choice, so ensure that you are familiar with all the messages and conversion to other protocols -eg sip to ss7. Networking 101 is also a must. General telephony routing knowledge is also helpful.

Interview Question – The most difficult question one about oracle database queries. I had not used oracle up to this point.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Business Development
Westford, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sonus Networks in August 2010.

Interview Details – Employee friend of mine referred me to Strategy group. I had previously worked at Sonus so I knew a number of people within the company, although I did not know the hiring manager. Had initial, quick phone conversation with VP Strategy and he suggested I come in to meet him in Westford. Met with VP Strategy and had a very informal discussion around the industry, the emerging technologies and the competitors within the space. Discussion lasted about 1.5hours.
Met with VP Human Resources and we discussed overall processes Sonus operates under, pay plans and structure around packages as well as company advancement and mobility options.
After meeting with VP HR, went back to meet up with VP Strategy and he signaled his intention that he was interested in putting an offer together.
Over following couple of weeks, had numerous phone conversations with VP Strategy and negotiations began for an offer.

Interview Question – Since the interview process was very informal and discussion like, there wasn't any one question that was unexpected. The difficulty was in knowing whether the topics of conversation were adequately answered by me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase had a lot of bureaucracy. I sometimes felt like I was negotiating to come work for a 5 billon dollar company instead of a 300 million dollar one. But my understanding is process is far better since 2012. My negotiation was in 2010 where the processes were from prior CEO/CFO

Manufacturing Interview

Manufacturing
Westford, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Sonus Networks in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was conducted separately by HR, Hiring Manager, 3 department heads in 4 hr window. Can be described as thorough.

Interview Question – Not sure of your qualifications?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Westford, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sonus Networks in March 2008.

Interview Details – very quick interviewed with 4-5 people, a few days later I was presented with an offer

Interview Question – How has your past experience helped you to qualify for this position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – salary

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sonus Networks in May 2014.

Interview Details – I went for a SIP / IMS requirement....Very arrogant interviewer......the interviewer was never in a Listening mode...Before I complete the answer ,he always say No....is it a fight ???.....The worst part is teasing & making fun comments on me....doesn't have any professional behavior.....OMG.....Appreciating themselves as FREE culture......This is not a free culture....Please Behave yourself.....Don't think that candidates came for begging in Sonus

Reason for Declining – bad work enviornment

Interviewed at Sonus Networks

Interview Details – Basic questions, just prepare basic programming(Java/C), networking, OS concepts.

Level I Technical Support Engineer In Prague Interview

Level I Technical Support Engineer In Prague
Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sonus Networks in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was called to have a technical interview in Sonus Networks , in Prague , in Winter of 2013.
Office was small cozy and friendly . They told me that they plan to move offices .
I had an interview with 2 person , both were Czech. They asked me about many technical questions , about the Sonus boxes which I was able to cope with , because of my previous experience in Sonus.

Interview Question – Many questions about signaling SIP , VoIP, and Linux knowledge . CDR and cause code .
A tall Czech guy very very unprofessional , tried to puss me with my salary expectations and being ironic . These people there they want a cheap paid but hard work . Worthless working with them .
  Answer Question

SVT Engineer Interview

SVT Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Sonus Networks in June 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process for freshers through e-litmus.
Three rounds of interview(2technical + 1 HR).
Technical questions included questions on networking such as bridge, switches, LAN etc

Interview Question – Explain STP   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and interviewed at Sonus Networks.

Interview Details – aptitude which was easy, two technical rounds and finally an hr round

Interview Question – nothing unexpected, u need to know everything that u have mentioned in your resume   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sonus Networks

Interview Details – First round was aptitiude, followed by techincal interview and finally HR round ! C questions was askd in technical round, testing the basic fundamental concepts along with logic flow of some of the questions.

Interview Question – Why copy constructor used pass by reference as argument.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sonus Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sonus Networks interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sonus Networks employees and interview candidates.