Sonus Networks Interview Questions in Westford, MA

Updated Feb 28, 2015

2.0

Senior Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sonus Networks in February 2015.

The interview process is overall unprofessional. The hiring manager called for phone screening and he spoke most of the time. The in person interview ended and hiring manager asked me to call back the day after to checkin and when I did so he would not return my calls or answers and hangs up with an excuse.

HR was absent all together through the entire process. When brought up the issue with the CEO and the HR, they both said positive things and wanted to talk to me in person, but at the end of the they did not.

Interview Questions
    • Trivial questions. For some reasons they all asked the same question on how I would help the company.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sonus Networks in August 2010.

Employee friend of mine referred me to Strategy group. I had previously worked at Sonus so I knew a number of people within the company, although I did not know the hiring manager. Had initial, quick phone conversation with VP Strategy and he suggested I come in to meet him in Westford. Met with VP Strategy and had a very informal discussion around the industry, the emerging technologies and the competitors within the space. Discussion lasted about 1.5hours.
    Met with VP Human Resources and we discussed overall processes Sonus operates under, pay plans and structure around packages as well as company advancement and mobility options.
    After meeting with VP HR, went back to meet up with VP Strategy and he signaled his intention that he was interested in putting an offer together.
    Over following couple of weeks, had numerous phone conversations with VP Strategy and negotiations began for an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Since the interview process was very informal and discussion like, there wasn't any one question that was unexpected. The difficulty was in knowing whether the topics of conversation were adequately answered by me.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase had a lot of bureaucracy. I sometimes felt like I was negotiating to come work for a 5 billon dollar company instead of a 300 million dollar one. But my understanding is process is far better since 2012. My negotiation was in 2010 where the processes were from prior CEO/CFO

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sonus Networks in February 2010.

Interview was conducted separately by HR, Hiring Manager, 3 department heads in 4 hr window. Can be described as thorough.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sonus Networks in March 2008.

very quick interviewed with 4-5 people, a few days later I was presented with an offer

Interview Questions
    • How has your past experience helped you to qualify for this position.   View Answer
    salary