Sony DADC Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Design Project Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony DADC in December 2012.

The interview process was fairly straight forward. Two interviews, drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Terre Haute, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony DADC in August 2011.

I got a call for an initial interview, which was followed by scheduled orientation where they gave seasonal employees their work assignments.

Web Platform QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony DADC in January 2013.

Morning interview, lovely..interviewing with a few people. QA Lead, some devs, head of DevOps, and basically a brewhaha. tell me about yerself, why do u wanna work here, how would go about defining the QA Process from scratch. the developer asked about Selenium, the DevOps asked about testing on production vs. development servers....if you see somebody there i know, just give them a middle one for me...thanks!

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Terre Haute, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sony DADC in February 2010.

Started with a 1 on 1 phone interview with the manager of the department. The phone interview lasted for about an hour and mostly consisted of going over past experience. An onsite interview followed about a week later. I interviewed with a few engineers and the manager again and took most of the day. It was a low pressure interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you solved a problem under pressure.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Terre Haute, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sony DADC in August 2011.

Be sure to factor in a 4 hour interview. I did a computer skills test on excel at the end that took about an hour of that. The test was very basic but almost to basic so brush up on the most basic of skills depending on what program you would be testing in. The panel interview was the more difficult part. Have projects that you have worked on in the past ready an willing to talk about at lengths. The HR interview was very casual and seemed to be pretty simple. Come in focused and cover projects that you worked on is my advice.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project in which you completed successfully?   View Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony DADC.

1 stage with two senior managers, really more of a discussion than interview. Explained the role and other bits and pieces, easy going. Brief look around the office and at the end of the interview introduced to a couple of senior staff members.

Interview Questions
    DADC submitted offer which was initially declined to due salary, revisited and then accepted

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sony DADC in August 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter that was very nice by the way. The position was to work in new offices in London supporting internal applications developed by a team in the US. It included for the winning candidate a trip to Los Angeles (or some place like that) for 3 weeks for training.
    Salary was very tempting.

First interview was in the new London offices close to Tottenham Court Round, very central location. It was a nice place and the receptionist was kind.
    I met with an american manager that was in London to supervise the infrastructure works for the new office.
    The guy was kind and cool, and we spoke about my experience but not very technically.

That one was good and I passed to the :

Second interview which was with my would be boss. It was via Skype.. with Video, the guy was very kind and we had an interesting chat where he explain everything I needed to know and I did the same. He liked me apparently because I have previous experience that he considered valuable. Good.

Third Interview and final one, technical one with part of the US team.
    It was via Skype (no video) with 2 guys that were really difficult to deal with.
    The were conducting the interview and they were in silence and barely establishing a good environment to have a conversation. I don't know if they were too nerd or what, but wasn't comfortable at all.

The worst thing is that they started asking those technical questions that you see if you type in google ".Net interview questions". Some of them really low level ones that you hardly use, but they asked that.. reading from somewhere.. it wasn't a conversation , it was an exam with questions that you only know the answer if you study specifically for the interview. I don't like that.

It was bad in the end.

Interview Questions
    • As I would be here in London on my own supporting the apps but officially being part of a development team which is in the US they asked if I would not feel bad because it would be more difficult to interact with them for the time difference, and also, because being far away would mean that I wont be able to push for my ideas and collaborate equally..   Answer Question

Worked for Sony DADC? Contribute to the Community!