Sony Electronics

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.8

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sony Electronics.

Got a call from a Rep. working in CA. Asked about my interest in the position. Then I interviewed with the manager at the branch. He just asked me questions about my resume. Easy interview.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sony Electronics in October 2014.

Applied online and was contacted by a HR representative calling from CA for a brief phone interview before I was scheduled for interview with a store manager for the next day. The interview was very casual and the interviewer just asked a bunch of questions about my resume and experience. There was a simple roleplay question (sell me a TV/camera/phone etc.) The interviewer also asked a few questions about general SONY product knowledge, such as how may megapixels different phone camera have and about which products you would be comfortable trying to describe/sell to people. I came prepared with knowledge of a few during the roleplay exercise and the interviewer was very impressed and hired me on the spot.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sony Electronics in October 2014.

Applied through the company's website, then I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. After passing the interview, the recruiter set up an in person interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • What is the price of the 4x Ultra Short Throw Projector?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sony Electronics in August 2014.

Was contacted by an agent regarding a position in Sony and an onsite interview was set up the following day. Met the Program Manger, who was very professional and asked questions about my previous work and listened attentively.

Then a couple of engineers came in and started throwing questions at me without even bothering to listen to my answers. And out of the blue starting making fun of my Company and the product. Very unprofessional team

Sales Support Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sony Electronics.

Initial call from Recruiter followed by a total of 3 personal interviews. 1 with Peer, 1 with Director and called back for second interview with Director. The Peer wasn't comfortable with the process.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle multiple tasks at the same time?   View Answer

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sony Electronics in June 2014.

The interviewers were very intelligent and had a good time with them They tested the basic skills of programming and some imaginative thinking. Programming questions were intelligent and tricky. There were few question on openGL and latest graphics engines. Was interesting to see their perspective on gaming. Very satisfying expereince.

Business Planner Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sony Electronics.

Interview with two people.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sony Electronics.

It was a lengthy process

Senior Business Planner Interview

Not very difficult, main focus on values and potential to succeed

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Just asked typical hiring questions. Overall it wasnt too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation at your old job and how did you handle it   Answer Question