Sony Electronics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sony Electronics in August 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted by an agent regarding a position in Sony and an onsite interview was set up the following day. Met the Program Manger, who was very professional and asked questions about my previous work and listened attentively.

Then a couple of engineers came in and started throwing questions at me without even bothering to listen to my answers. And out of the blue starting making fun of my Company and the product. Very unprofessional team

Interview Question – How many lines of code have you written in 4 years?   Answer Question

Sales Support Manager Interview

Sales Support Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Sony Electronics.

Interview Details – Initial call from Recruiter followed by a total of 3 personal interviews. 1 with Peer, 1 with Director and called back for second interview with Director. The Peer wasn't comfortable with the process.

Interview Question – How do you handle multiple tasks at the same time?   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Century City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sony Electronics in June 2012.

Interview Details – was a long process, the whole thing took 2 months. There was confusion with the HR reps, but it was poor scheduling and timing. Eventually I did not wind up with an in person interview because the HR rep cancelled on me the day before. So I ended up with 3 phone interviews.

Interview Question – fairly standard interview. Nothing out of the box   Answer Question

Business Planner Interview

Business Planner

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sony Electronics.

Interview Details – Interview with two people.

Interview Question – A lot of questions regarding experience   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sony Electronics in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired with three interviews - phone pre-screen was the first interview with HR. Second interview was with the hiring manager, and third interview was with the product manager for the team I was to support.

Interview Question – How would you manage a cross-category product launch, from start to finish? The obvious take-away from this question is the hiring manager wanted to see if I knew my stuff. The secondary reason was to see how I thought, spoke and was able to communicate in a succinct manner.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty easy negotiations. I asked for a little more money, and because this interview process was for a more entry-level position a few years ago, Sony was agreeable to the slight increase. As for today, HR is always ready to listen to negotiations and go back to the hiring manager to ensure the increase fits within the budget and long-range salary planning.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sony Electronics.

Interview Details – It was a lengthy process

Interview Question – How will we benefit from having you on the team   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sony Electronics in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was very fast, I got hired on the spot.

Interview Question – All questions where easy   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony Electronics in June 2012.

Interview Details – was easy, very easy great nice

Senior Business Planner Interview

Senior Business Planner

Interviewed at Sony Electronics

Interview Details – Not very difficult, main focus on values and potential to succeed

Interview Question – Several case studies   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate

Interviewed at Sony Electronics

Interview Details – Just asked typical hiring questions. Overall it wasnt too difficult.

Interview Question – What was a difficult situation at your old job and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Worked for Sony Electronics? Contribute to the Community!