Sony Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

2.8

Senior Business Planner Interview

Interview

Not very difficult, main focus on values and potential to succeed

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Just asked typical hiring questions. Overall it wasnt too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation at your old job and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Web Content Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics.

Interview

4 step interviewing process. Hiring manager Interview one, Hiring Manger Interview Two, HR Interview, HR payment agreement

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Washington, DC).

Interview

In a hotel room and very direct questions and answers

Interview Questions

• All questions were high in value with no trick stupid questions asked.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics.

Interview

I applied for a trainer position with Sony located about 350 miles from my current home location. My first interview was over the phone with a recruiter who asked about 4 or 5 scripted questions concerning my background and qualifications. I was informed that I should hear back within the next week. I received a callback from the recruiter asking if I would be interested in traveling out of town to do a series of interviews; I agreed and set up a time the following weekend. The interviews were held at a hotel and after checking in at the reception area I was directed to wait in lobby until called. The first interview that day was with an HR manager and it was most of the standard behavioral questions and a situational questions which lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked to return to the lobby and wait for a short time and I would have another interview. After about another 20 minutes, I was called in for an interview with the Training Manager. She explained more about the position and specifics about what was expected in the trainer role. The questions started out identifying specific skills and experience and the remainder were situational questions. The last request was to perform an "adhoc" training presentation on any subject of my choosing; I assume this request was made to see how I would respond under a pressure type situation. After about 3-5 minutes into my presentation, she asked me to do a wrap up; the entire interview lasted approximately an hour. I was asked if I could wait around for one final interview; which I agreed to wait. The last interview was with someone who identified themselves as a business consultant and proceeded to ask me a few questions and only spent about 10 minutes with me. I was told to expect a call within 3-5 days. I headed back home and although the first two interviews went extremely well, the last interview was rather rushed and the person seemed disinterested in speaking with me. I did not know what my chances were at that point of getting the job. However, I did receive a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult situation was being asked to perform an "adhoc" training presentation without any prior notification.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary and relocation benefits.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics.

Interview

Applied online for a different position. Screening phone call by HR recruiter, one in person interview, job offer quickly followed and started within weeks. In person interview was maybe an hour and the questions were exactly what you can expect in any interview. I did research Sony, their competitors, and their direct business just to be prepared & it was helpful to draw on what I had found out.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was first selected for a phone screen with HR. Then I was called in for a face-to-face interview with a panel of managers. The managers all asked great questions and the dialog was very open and friendly.

Interview Questions

• How did you feel about being laid off from your last job after working there for so long?   1 Answer

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter a week after submitting my application online. The recruiter did a quick interview asking about my qualifications and salary expectations followed by scheduling a 30 min. phone interview with the hiring manager for the following week. The phone interview lasted 30 min. as scheduled. The interview itself was pretty straight forward with questions like tell me about your work and how it relates to the job position and what software programs related to the job do you know how to use.

Interview Questions

• no difficult or unexpected questions, pretty straight forward and conversational interview   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Interview

Sit down interview, then phone interview with DM.

Interview Questions

• What is my greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

1 week later I was given an offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Miami, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Interview was very fast, I got hired on the spot.