Sony Electronics

2.8

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sony Electronics.

Met with HR rep. and department rep for personal audio. Interview was arranged by staffing and lasted about 15 minutes. Standard interview questions (how do you handle difficult situations, why are you looking to leave current employer, etc). Since it was a position in their Miami office, the interview was conducted in Spanglish, which was a bit uncomfortable, as I was more comfortable in English and them in Spanish. The position was for a five-month contract (paid hourly).

Interview Questions
    • What "spunky" or "catchy" introductory sentence would you come up with to promote XYZ Sony Electronics product.   Answer Question

RETAIL SALES SUPERVISOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sony Electronics in August 2012.

Online application and phone interview

Interview Questions
    • What technological advance in the past or recent history do you think had the biggest impact?   View Answer

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Sony Electronics in June 2012.

This is little bit unique case. So I actually applied for visual designer position which I have several freelance work experience with. But HR people contacted me and asked to change applying position to Interaction design. and I did.
    When I got there for interview, designer asked me to go over my portfolio, I did. and asked some question seeing if I am understanding right about interaction design.
    Another designer joined lille later and went over the portfolio again.
    thats about it.

Interview Questions
    • As a graphic designer who mostly did the print jobs, why you applied for interactive designer position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sony Electronics in June 2012.

was easy, very easy great nice

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Electronics in June 2012.

was a long process, the whole thing took 2 months. There was confusion with the HR reps, but it was poor scheduling and timing. Eventually I did not wind up with an in person interview because the HR rep cancelled on me the day before. So I ended up with 3 phone interviews.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sony Electronics in April 2012.

I applied online and got a call back about a week later. The recruiter was very friendly and casual. She scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was about a half hour. Then a week went by and I got a call confirming an in-person interview. This consisted of a panel interview, a 1:1, and a skills test. The in-person interview was about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • If you were at a party, and SONY walked in, how would you describe it.   Answer Question
    I was pleased with their offer.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sony Electronics in January 2012.

The interview consist of two parts. The hiring manager shared the job description and overview of his expectations. Then, I was asked to share my past experiences and background. There was nothing unusual about the interview. Very straight forward and I had a very good experience.

Interview Questions
    • You do not have the product development experience in the past. Can you explain how you would overcome this lack of experience?   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sony Electronics in August 2011.

I was found by Staffmark recruiter and then sent to interview at Sony. I liked interview as it was really positive and people who interviewed me were very professional and usually it really nice to work with clever people. Most questions were about my previous experience. Anyway - I really glad that I accepted offer and now I am able to work with these people :).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sony Electronics in April 2011.

I applied online.Got call from HR and scheduled a face to face interview.2 ppl interviewd me wit hall my background information already there on their laptops.I was asked to write C code for string manipulations.They checked time n space complexity knowledge.Some hr questions were also there.I got offer in 2 weeks.

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sony Electronics in March 2011.

I attended onsite interview at Poway, San Diego. I was interviewed by software engineer and manager for software optimization position. Interview was well conducted and they asked me questions in C and C++ programming. They asked me to write programs on string operations and questions on virtual functions, polymorphism.

Interview Questions
    • How do you initialize class member variables even before in the constructor?   View Answer