Sony Electronics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sony Electronics in July 2010.

Interview Details – There was a single phone call in the beginning and that led to an on-site interview for which I knew very little. However, I have a strong engineering background and thus I was able to easily answer the engineering questions.
White board session to design a web site from the bottom up
A series of coding questions
A few questions about web design

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They were offering such and such and I asked the recruiter for a few extra bucks per hour. Once I had the job, the negotiation was completely with the recruiter.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Software QA Engineer
San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Sony Electronics in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was found by Staffmark recruiter and then sent to interview at Sony. I liked interview as it was really positive and people who interviewed me were very professional and usually it really nice to work with clever people. Most questions were about my previous experience. Anyway - I really glad that I accepted offer and now I am able to work with these people :).

Interview Question – How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Director, Strategic Business Development Interview

Director, Strategic Business Development
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sony Electronics in September 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with my former boss after he was promoted to VP.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to drive the business.   View Answer
  • What do you see as the biggest challenge for this organization.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Sony does not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Intern
San Diego, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sony Electronics in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online.Got call from HR and scheduled a face to face interview.2 ppl interviewd me wit hall my background information already there on their laptops.I was asked to write C code for string manipulations.They checked time n space complexity knowledge.Some hr questions were also there.I got offer in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sony Electronics in March 2011.

Interview Details – I attended onsite interview at Poway, San Diego. I was interviewed by software engineer and manager for software optimization position. Interview was well conducted and they asked me questions in C and C++ programming. They asked me to write programs on string operations and questions on virtual functions, polymorphism.

Interview Question – How do you initialize class member variables even before in the constructor?   View Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sony Electronics in May 2009.

Interview Details – Initial screening was done in phone. This was done by the hiring manager. Cleared that level and was asked to come for a group / 1 on 1 meeting. There were around 7 engineers who did 1 on 1 interview. Moderate technical questions which was easier to handle. After 1 day was contacted by HR and offered the job.

Interview Question – Questions about object oriented concepts.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was good and did not negotiate much as I was impressed with the work.

Seasonal Sales Interview

Seasonal Sales
San Diego, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sony Electronics in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen interview from HR in corporate offices then a face to face with manager at the store. Took some time for face to face to happen due to some miscommunication at with corporate. After drug screen and background checks, fairly fast in green-lighting training. Interview was basic resume run-down followed by STAR questions and behavioral questions. If you make a claim, show the proper support with results.

Interview Question – Describe a time you disagreed with your manager on an issue and how you went about resolving the disagreement.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sony Electronics in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with HR, which was okay, they were very unclear on how to connect the experience on my resume with the opportunity. Then with the SVPs of the department, then the VP, DIRs, Managers, Peers. Peers are leary, jealous and insecure, immediate manager is incompetant and has nothing to bring to the table on either the relationship side of the experience side or the process side of executing the position responsibilities. Sr. Management is good and getting better, understand very well the issues facing the tactical breakdowns to fulfilling the strategic vision. You could eliminate 50% of middle management and frankly, no one would notice. Trick is to find the right 50% to eliminate.

Interview Question – How would you manage this piece of financial data in dealing with this supplier at this time of year/seasonality.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable, period. take it or leave it.

Export Interview

Export
San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Sony Electronics in June 2009.

Interview Details – very quick interview over the phone. Mostly discussed my current position and its duties.

Interview Question – Why are you looking for another job?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony Electronics in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was friendly and laid back!

Interview Question – Why do you think you deserve this job over other candidates?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sony Electronics