Sony Electronics Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

1.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sony Electronics in August 2010.

The hr manager called me after 2 weeks I submitted my resume. He took my present job details, status and present and expecting salary. After 1 week I got an email that they can not sponser me visa at this time. So declined.

Other Interview Reviews for Sony Electronics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sony Electronics in July 2010.

There was a single phone call in the beginning and that led to an on-site interview for which I knew very little. However, I have a strong engineering background and thus I was able to easily answer the engineering questions.
    White board session to design a web site from the bottom up
    A series of coding questions
    A few questions about web design

Interview Questions
    They were offering such and such and I asked the recruiter for a few extra bucks per hour. Once I had the job, the negotiation was completely with the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sony Electronics in November 2007.

I initially applied for a senior position, but was offered a software engineer position.
    I was interviewed by a panel of 4-5 engineers, most of them asked questions of my past experiences. Since the predominant language is c/c++, they asked a few questions which required me to write some pseudocode on a whiteboard, some of the questions were of the nature like, how would you implement: memcpy(), or itoa().
    Also everyone, from developers to even managers take a written take( 5 ) questions for which you have about 45-1 hr to complete.

Interview Questions
    I hardly negotiated, they presented an offer that was acceptable.