Sony Electronics Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

1.7

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

The hr manager called me after 2 weeks I submitted my resume. He took my present job details, status and present and expecting salary. After 1 week I got an email that they can not sponser me visa at this time. So declined.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sony Electronics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

There was a single phone call in the beginning and that led to an on-site interview for which I knew very little. However, I have a strong engineering background and thus I was able to easily answer the engineering questions.
    White board session to design a web site from the bottom up
    A series of coding questions
    A few questions about web design

Interview Questions

• This room is 20x10x10. How many basketballs fit in here.   1 Answer
    • Build a website from scratch   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were offering such and such and I asked the recruiter for a few extra bucks per hour. Once I had the job, the negotiation was completely with the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA) in November 2007.

Interview

I initially applied for a senior position, but was offered a software engineer position.
    I was interviewed by a panel of 4-5 engineers, most of them asked questions of my past experiences. Since the predominant language is c/c++, they asked a few questions which required me to write some pseudocode on a whiteboard, some of the questions were of the nature like, how would you implement: memcpy(), or itoa().
    Also everyone, from developers to even managers take a written take( 5 ) questions for which you have about 45-1 hr to complete.

Interview Questions

• implement your version of memcpy()   2 Answers

Negotiation

I hardly negotiated, they presented an offer that was acceptable.