Sony

76 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Content Creation Web Producer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sony.

Interview Details – My initial phone interview was with one team member. My second phone interview was with two different team members. I was never contacted after the second phone interview. They did not respond to any follow up emails.

Interview Question – Standard work experience questions.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sony in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied via online job posting and was contacted 2 weeks later for an initial phone interview by HR. Afterwards, I was invited for a personal interview at the location and had met the hiring manager. I was interviewed by a colleague of the hiring manager, followed by a manager in another department. It took a half day to go through all the interviews.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't really have a choice. Here's the salary and that's it.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interview Details – phone interview then in person interview

Interview Question – straight forward   Answer Question

Sony Student Ambassador Interview

Interviewed at Sony

Interview Details – Typical behavioral interview process. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and what I have been involved in in school. For this position they want people who are outgoing and able to connect with people. They were really nice and friendly.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to work independently.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was an easy process. I applied via recruiter. I got a call from the HR Manager and then a techinical interview. Basic questions on OOP.

Interview Question – How to check IIS Crash Dump File?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony in June 2013.

Interview Details – official website--interview--offer

Interview Question – very controvesial interview   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sony.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with basic technical questions. My interviewer was kind of awkward and it seemed like he wasn't prepared to give the interview. We talked for about 30 minutes and it seemed like most answers I gave he checked on a sheet of paper.

Interview Question – I cant really remember the questions, but basic knowledge of hardware and software would be recommended.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I still needed to finish college and graduate

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Sony.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR -> 3 interviews with people working at the office -> Get Hired.

Interview Question – Why Tax?   Answer Question

Computer Programmer Interview

Computer Programmer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sony in April 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online in the morning and they contacted me via email later on the same day asking to schedule a phone interview. I replied with my available times the next day after and they scheduled the phone interview within the next 3 or so business days. The phone interview was done with a manager (but with like 8 years of programming experience). Asked for me to talk about myself and then went into technical questions. He told me I would be contacted in a week either way. I was contacted a week later through the phone about how they went with another candidate. Disappointing since it was a job that I really wanted, but the other candidate had more experience so it was understandable. Very nice process and they were very cordial about it.

Interview Question – What do I like about Java/C and what don't I like.   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

Interview Details – Basic Questions about C/C++
- Virtual functions/variables
- static functions/variables
- inheritance

Interview Question – no question was very difficult   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sony

Worked for Sony? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sony interview questions and advice. All 76 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sony employees and interview candidates.