Sony Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.9

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Management was not prepared for employer. (paperwork not organized). Too laid back. Interrogated employers personal background. Judgmental upon appearance/race. No eye contact/fiddling with objects during interview. Didn't seem thrilled or interested in interviewing employer. Interview took place in the same room as staff locker room (very disturbing & hard to concentrate). No energy - Failed to speak upon company's pros/benefits.

Data Forensics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony (Herndon, VA).

Interview

They ask you everything IT related to what you put on your resume. They ask questions based on what you showcase. Questions are improvised based on reply. They will ask until they have no further questions. Solid interview. They will explain all you need to know about the intern position and its flexibility.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

great interview! I met in store with store manager and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend everyone looking for a job in sales to apply. Easy products to sell. Entertaining environment filled with electronics.

Interview Questions

• if you were stuck on an island and could only bring one thing what would it be?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

long process of 3 months. HR was not very organized. In the end they kept rescheduling and cancelling so I never had an in person interview, just 3 phone interviews.

Negotiation

none

Content Creation Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

My initial phone interview was with one team member. My second phone interview was with two different team members. I was never contacted after the second phone interview. They did not respond to any follow up emails.

Intern Interview

Interview

phone interview then in person interview

Sony Student Ambassador Interview

Interview

Typical behavioral interview process. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and what I have been involved in in school. For this position they want people who are outgoing and able to connect with people. They were really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work independently.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony in January 2014.

Interview

It was an easy process. I applied via recruiter. I got a call from the HR Manager and then a techinical interview. Basic questions on OOP.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

I had a phone interview with basic technical questions. My interviewer was kind of awkward and it seemed like he wasn't prepared to give the interview. We talked for about 30 minutes and it seemed like most answers I gave he checked on a sheet of paper.

Interview Questions

• I cant really remember the questions, but basic knowledge of hardware and software would be recommended.   Answer Question

I still needed to finish college and graduate

Sales Specialist (Retail) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sony (Menlo Park, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

it was very laid back but also challenging. asked questions but did not get too personal. very official. the guy was very friendly and was a very kind person. there wasn't really anything too it just for a position as a retail associate for the sales position.

Interview Questions

• how would i treat a customer if they started getting out of hand?   1 Answer