Sony Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Content Creation Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sony.

My initial phone interview was with one team member. My second phone interview was with two different team members. I was never contacted after the second phone interview. They did not respond to any follow up emails.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sony in September 2010.

I applied via online job posting and was contacted 2 weeks later for an initial phone interview by HR. Afterwards, I was invited for a personal interview at the location and had met the hiring manager. I was interviewed by a colleague of the hiring manager, followed by a manager in another department. It took a half day to go through all the interviews.

Interview Questions
    Didn't really have a choice. Here's the salary and that's it.

Intern Interview

phone interview then in person interview

Sony Student Ambassador Interview

Typical behavioral interview process. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and what I have been involved in in school. For this position they want people who are outgoing and able to connect with people. They were really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work independently.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony in January 2014.

It was an easy process. I applied via recruiter. I got a call from the HR Manager and then a techinical interview. Basic questions on OOP.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony in June 2013.

official website--interview--offer

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sony.

I had a phone interview with basic technical questions. My interviewer was kind of awkward and it seemed like he wasn't prepared to give the interview. We talked for about 30 minutes and it seemed like most answers I gave he checked on a sheet of paper.

Interview Questions
    • I cant really remember the questions, but basic knowledge of hardware and software would be recommended.   Answer Question

I still needed to finish college and graduate

Tax Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Sony.

Phone interview with HR -> 3 interviews with people working at the office -> Get Hired.

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sony in April 2013.

I submitted my resume online in the morning and they contacted me via email later on the same day asking to schedule a phone interview. I replied with my available times the next day after and they scheduled the phone interview within the next 3 or so business days. The phone interview was done with a manager (but with like 8 years of programming experience). Asked for me to talk about myself and then went into technical questions. He told me I would be contacted in a week either way. I was contacted a week later through the phone about how they went with another candidate. Disappointing since it was a job that I really wanted, but the other candidate had more experience so it was understandable. Very nice process and they were very cordial about it.

Research Intern Interview

Basic Questions about C/C++
    - Virtual functions/variables
    - static functions/variables
    - inheritance

Interview Questions

Worked for Sony? Contribute to the Community!