Sony Mobile Communications

2.9

Market Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sony Mobile Communications in May 2013.

Phone, face-to-face, know the industry and know current product competition relavent to the position. Hiring manager was shocked that the five people interviewing before me had no clue on important information.

none

Manager Assistant Interview

Interviewed by the previous manager assistant and answered her questions about how long can I work here (at least 3 months)

Go to the HR department and they arrange everything

Staff Engineer Software Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sony Mobile Communications.

I had a personal contact within the company, but did not know any people in management beforehand. Met with my current boss first, talked maybe an hour and both got and made a good impression. After that I talked with a professional, external recruiter twice on two different occasions, took a personality test and spoke with HR staff at the hiring company. I also got to take a proficiency test covering development skills and finally met with my boss one more time before them reaching a decision. After salary negotiation, I accepted and was sent my contract the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Answering "What are your strengths and weaknesses?" always sounds a bit cheesy, I think..   Answer Question
    Your base salary is basically the only thing negotiable.

SONY MOBILE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lund, Skåne (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Mobile Communications.

Phone call, online test, 1 interview with Adecco 1 interview with manager

Intern - Junior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications.

The interview and hiring process was pretty quick. I sent my resume and cover letter and got a call back that same day. First interview was with the Senior Product Marketing Manager, lasted about 30 minutes and focused on my studies, previous work experiences and personal goals. The second interview was with the Head of Marketing; it was very brief, he basically just wanted to know me a little and tested how comfortably I could move in the marketing and technology/communications fields.

Interview Questions
    • Possible strategies of demand generation for new phones.   Answer Question
    • What are todays phones missing? If you could add anything to them what would you add?   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate but the initial offer was good enough so there really was no need to. It was a positive experience for me, overall nice coworkers and good work environment, perfect for learning.

Software Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sony Mobile Communications.

I got the interview cal through employee ereferal.Initially I got a call from the recruiter and they called me for an onsite interview. Since I was located in another state, they arranged the travel plans and accomodation.
    The inter view was with about 5 people around 30 minutes each. Since this role was for a Project Manager role, not much technical questions. The last interview was with the hiring manager and this was a lunch interview. The hiring manager was a pretty cool guy. I got the offer 1 week after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficlut or unexpected questions. all the questions were really straight forward.   Answer Question

RF Test & Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lund, Skåne (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sony Mobile Communications in July 2009.

submit CV via manpower consultants. if lucky you will get the attention and will be given an interview at Sony Mobile. the interview is not tough since the managers are nice, and some of them don't know details of their works. then you need to do a personal characteristics test at the manpower company. then you get the contract and start to work.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. the company has a package scale to draw the offer upon.

Staff Acoustic Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lund, Skåne (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Mobile Communications in November 2008.

1 Telephone interview + 2 onsite interviews
    Personality test
    Meeting different engineers

Interview Questions
    • I didn't experience anything that was not expected in some way.   Answer Question
    Straightforward and my relocation was paid for.