Sony Mobile Communications Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2015

2.6

Market Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone, face-to-face, know the industry and know current product competition relavent to the position. Hiring manager was shocked that the five people interviewing before me had no clue on important information.

Negotiation

none

Test Engineer (Student Summer Worker) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lund, Skåne (Sweden)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Lund, Skåne (Sweden)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through an external staffing agency who contacted me to verify that it was okay to send them my CV. I told them that it was OK and a few days later I was contacted directly by Sony and scheduled and interview. The interview included a 30 minute session with the lab director and the specific test lab manager and a tour of the facilities. One week later I was contacted by the staffing agency who confirmed that I got the position.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sony Mobile Communications in October 2013.

Interview

Several phone interviews, first one was with general questions about myself, the 2nd one was with somebody in charge from my future department, 3rd one with again with somebody from my future department. Everybody was pleasant and kind during interviews, I really had no complaints. It was a classic interview for employment, with standard questions.

Manager Assistant Interview

Interview

Interviewed by the previous manager assistant and answered her questions about how long can I work here (at least 3 months)

Negotiation

Go to the HR department and they arrange everything

Staff Engineer Software Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sony Mobile Communications.

Interview

I had a personal contact within the company, but did not know any people in management beforehand. Met with my current boss first, talked maybe an hour and both got and made a good impression. After that I talked with a professional, external recruiter twice on two different occasions, took a personality test and spoke with HR staff at the hiring company. I also got to take a proficiency test covering development skills and finally met with my boss one more time before them reaching a decision. After salary negotiation, I accepted and was sent my contract the same day.

Interview Questions

• Answering "What are your strengths and weaknesses?" always sounds a bit cheesy, I think..   Answer Question

Negotiation

Your base salary is basically the only thing negotiable.

SONY MOBILE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lund, Skåne (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Lund, Skåne (Sweden)).

Interview

Phone call, online test, 1 interview with Adecco 1 interview with manager

Intern - Junior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Milan (Italy)).

Interview

The interview and hiring process was pretty quick. I sent my resume and cover letter and got a call back that same day. First interview was with the Senior Product Marketing Manager, lasted about 30 minutes and focused on my studies, previous work experiences and personal goals. The second interview was with the Head of Marketing; it was very brief, he basically just wanted to know me a little and tested how comfortably I could move in the marketing and technology/communications fields.

Interview Questions

• Possible strategies of demand generation for new phones.   Answer Question
    • What are todays phones missing? If you could add anything to them what would you add?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate but the initial offer was good enough so there really was no need to. It was a positive experience for me, overall nice coworkers and good work environment, perfect for learning.

Software Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sony Mobile Communications.

Interview

I got the interview cal through employee ereferal.Initially I got a call from the recruiter and they called me for an onsite interview. Since I was located in another state, they arranged the travel plans and accomodation.
    The inter view was with about 5 people around 30 minutes each. Since this role was for a Project Manager role, not much technical questions. The last interview was with the hiring manager and this was a lunch interview. The hiring manager was a pretty cool guy. I got the offer 1 week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficlut or unexpected questions. all the questions were really straight forward.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in June 2011.

Interview

Three rounds interview.
    First: technical interview
    Second: line manager interview
    Third: department manager interview
    Fourth: Sweden site interview
    First round are group interview, last about 1.5 hours, 2 or 3 persons will interview you onsite.
    Second round is 1:1, last about half an hour, onsite. Same day with technical interview.
    Third round is 1:1, last about half an hour, onsite.
    Fourth round is by telephone, last about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• First Round:
      No hard questions.
      Most of them are basic testing concepts including blackbox testing, whitebox testing, etc.
      Some questions based on your project experience, your responsibility and contribution, etc.
      Some scenario analysis, how do you solve these scenarios or conflicts.
      Bug tracking tools: focus on Quality Center, 4 modules.
      No coding related questions.

Second and Third Round:
      No technical questions.

Fourth Round:
      Scenario Analysis. Such as what will you do if developer ignore your bug?

Answer Question

RF Test & Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lund, Skåne (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Lund, Skåne (Sweden)) in July 2009.

Interview

submit CV via manpower consultants. if lucky you will get the attention and will be given an interview at Sony Mobile. the interview is not tough since the managers are nice, and some of them don't know details of their works. then you need to do a personal characteristics test at the manpower company. then you get the contract and start to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation. the company has a package scale to draw the offer upon.