Sony Music Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.5

Human Resources Assistant Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sony Music Entertainment (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn, recruiter reached out via email for an in-person interview. Met with recruiter for about 20 minutes and the hiring manager for another 30 to 40 minutes. They were easy to talk to and open to sharing aspects of company objectives and culture. Sent them thank you emails and a follow up 2 weeks after and no response. Wish they were punctual with their interview schedule and would be more professional to send follow-up email to not selected candidates.

Interview Questions

• They asked me my salary expectations, why I was leaving my job, shared a little about my music taste, they asked about my experience before. It was more of a fluid conversation   Answer Question

Sony Music Entertainment Response

Jun 15, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Sorry to hear the response has been delayed on our end! I will make sure we get back to you with an update.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sony Music Entertainment (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was asked yes/no questions and some short answered questions as to why I was interested in Sony and music. Was then contacted a month or so later. Interviewed with supervisor and was offered the position in an email later on in the day

Interm, Risk& Controls Interview

Interview

Applied online. Pretty easy interview. First introduced yourself. Then just went through the resume and why Sony Music. Then interviewers explained what you would deal with during the internship. Lasted about 30 minutes.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment.

Interview

Really easy, first it was a phone interview with the HR intern then if you qualify you get an interview with the department you chose. Really easy and simple and to the point! The process took around a month.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sony Music Entertainment.

Interview

First started with a phone interview, then followed by 3 in person interviews. Overall, it was very clear, the interviewers were very kind and agreeable in their approach. They really wanted to know me.

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Music Entertainment.

Interview

The whole process took about three months. First, the HR phone interview, then the digital marketing assistant on-site interview and final digital marketing manager interview. The questions are easy, just very basic background and previous work experience check. And the final interview was really short, it was just ten minutes.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sony Music Entertainment (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy overall. Firstly, I applied online, this was probably like my tenth application to a position at Sony Music, but they get so many, it's not uncommon. I received an email that afternoon after submitting my information. We set up a phone interview so she could get to know me. She asked me the basic questions of what I'm currently doing, why I would be a good fit, etc. Then she went ahead and set up an in-person meeting to speak with her. The in-person interview was a bit more in depth with my background, which is to be expected. The third round would be to meet with the Vice President of the department I was applying for. The interviewer herself was extremely nice, she checked out my linkedin page beforehand, so make sure that's up to date! It was a mix between an interview and a friendly conversation, they want to see if you have a good personality with the skills to back it up. Even if you don't get offered the job, it's still a pretty interesting office to see! Especially because her HR office had gold/silver records in it!

Interview Questions

• Why Columbia Records? What are you currently listening to? What is your biggest strength and weakness? (follow up, why would you say that?)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment.

Interview

Applied online, and they got back to me very promptly. Emailed me to set up a phone interview, and then an in-person interview afterwards. Woman had to cancelled first in-person interview but she quickly got back to me to reschedule.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Music Entertainment.

Interview

Pretty straight forward two interviews, both phone interviews. Had two phone interviews one a priliminary and the other an acutal interview. Found out I recieved an offer about a month later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone interview a few months later. The interview was around 10-15 minutes. Interviewer was nice, asked basic questions such as, "Why are you interested in us?" and "How can your degree help you with the position that you are applying for?"