Sony Music Entertainment

29 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President, Marketing Interview

Interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment

Interview Details – I met with 5 people in various levels. I received standard interview questions asking about experience, skillset, interests, etc.. Best advice is to show deep knowledge of company and passion for the music business. Be flexible.

Interview Question – Would you ever lie to a client?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment.

Interview Details – The interview was not that hard. The guy who interviewed was friendly and nice. When i walked in everyone in the office was dressed casually. It seemed like a nice environment to work in.

Interview Question – Pretty easy interview no tricky question   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I couldn't get school credit for the internship

Vice President, International Marketing Interview

Interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment

Interview Details – Brief interview process, 2-3 phone calls over a two month period. A lot of contact with the intern coordinator. She was always available to answer questions.

Interview Question – What specific Sony Music artists do you like the best?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment.

Interview Details – applied through college on site presentation, very nice people and make the work to be a great experience. First interview was with internship coordinator and was just behavioral. It was during this interview that you could choose the department that you wanted to be in.Second was with the head of department that you chose, more technical but still mostly behavorial.

Interview Question – what happens to balance sheet if company decide to pay workers with stocks instead of salary?   Answer Question

Copyright Coordinator Interview

Copyright Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment.

Interview Details – I applied throughout their website. I followed up with them numerous times. Sent my resume to someone who forwarded it to HR. It took a while for them to call me back but then I got called. Had a phone interview, then an interview in person with an H.R. rep...than had an interview with supervisor and then had an interview with a department manager.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Director of Production Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment in September 2013.

Interview Details – Pre-interview was brief. I was told I was in the running based on my resume. But that the dept had 3 other candidates being interviewed. And if they were uncertain on those 3, then I would be called in next. So I was wait-listed really. No call. I didn;t know people did that for job interviews.

Interview Question – Not applicable in my situation   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call after a few months. Had a phone screening from HR lady and she asked when I could come in for interview; came in the next week. Interview was more about what music I like the most and how open my availability is.

Sales Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment.

Interview Details – Interviewed in front of 2 people, very relaxing and chill. Didn't even really need to dress up, they were in jeans. They did not ask too many hard questions, just the typical strength weakness, tell me about yourself, whats your favorite musician, why do you want to work here.

Interview Question – Which artists are Sony Music?   Answer Question

Intern

Interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment

Interview Details – applied through school career website. 3 rounds interview.

Interview Question – basic questions   Answer Question

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment.

Interview Details – On-site interview with head of department - asked standard questions about studies, previous experiences, specific skills (coding, etc). One mini-case question with follow-up regarding the product and how to market it better.

Interview Question – How would you market our product better if you had the chance? Follow-up: We've already tried this, and it hasn't worked. What would you do next?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sony Music Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sony Music Entertainment interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sony Music Entertainment employees and interview candidates.