Sony Network Entertainment International

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Senior Data Scientist

I interviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International in June 2014.

Interview Details – After the application, recruiter never spoke but the first interview was with Sr Dir of BI Services. Then called in for an in-person i/v with their UK counter part - Dir of Analytics and Lead Data Scientist. The i/v with Marketing person never took place and nor valid explanation was given. A few days later rejection email was received.

Interview Question – While i/v date was scheduled to match the trip from UK, no details were given until at the 11th hour. No introduction to their environment was given. How to apply Scrum in Data Science? How to revive entrepreneurship?   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International in February 2014.

Interview Details – Brought in members from their whole team, 2 by 2 and each of them asked me questions. Overall, a very relaxed and engaging interview. Not many coding questions, but asked me plenty of questions about Java, data structures, etc.

Interview Question – Had a written paper that asked about how to speed up caching   Answer Question

Digital Media Interview

Digital Media

Interviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International

Interview Details – Work culture is phenomenal. Great people all excited to be a part of a business that is growing fast. Lot's of really smart, good people who are fun to work with. Techy vibe (casual dress, etc) but a great office atmosphere

Interview Question – Sony does a lot of behavioral interviews which can be challenging   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International.

Interview Details – Interviewer forgot to call the first time and have to reschedule it. Next time, interviewer called 10 minute late for a 30 minute interview. He was asking to explain project details. Asked few java questions and answered most of them. Asked a hibernate question and did not answer it right. Outright, he stopped the interview saying, he is looking someone with more experience on UI and hibernate and suggested he will recommend to other teams where only backend work is performed. However, I heard from internal sources that, the interviewer gave a feedback of "Not Fit for any job in Sony". Not sure, how come one can decide on the skill of a person by talking only for 15 minutes. Also heard that internally, the interviewer have a lot of attitude issues and complains against him. Whatever may be the case, I would say, SNEI lost a good profession by making some unprofessional interviewer.

Interview Question – Hibernate, performance tuning   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International.

Interview Details – Was initially contacted by an engineer on the team who came across my profile online who wanted to make me aware of an open position they had available. I expressed interest and was later contacted by HR. We set up a phone interview with another engineer on the team for the next day. The phone interview was technical and went fine. I was contacted again by HR and was informed that I would be progressing to the next round. A 1-hour Skype interview was scheduled next. After that I was brought on-site for another technical interview with several groups of engineers which included problems at a whiteboard.

Interview Question – Algorithms questions such as max-sub sequence sums, kth largest item, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Software Engineer In Test
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International.

Interview Details – phone screening first, and then onsite. Met 4 groups of people when onsite, the questions from management are mostly behavior questions, and the rest of them were technical, but not very hard. Asked some Java/C++ related questions. That's it. After on-site interview, waited for a couple of weeks and got the offer. The salary in the offer was disappointing but they insist that's their best offer. I took it in the end.

Interview Question – don't remember, nothing very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very hard to negotiate, they were very firm in base salary.

Web Developer II Interview

Web Developer II
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International in September 2012.

Interview Details – There was a total of 5 interviews through out the day, starting off with 2 technical interviews then led to business interviews where you just talk casually to get to know each other. The interviews were pretty casual and relaxed. The technical interviews can be a little tough because you are put on the spot with a white board marker.

Interview Question – How would you build this website using BackboneJS?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't really negotiate their offer.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to this company online looking at an ad on linkedIn. The recruiter contacted me and we had a short call to go through my profile and my salary requirements.
They setup a phone interview with the Hiring Manager and a Technical Architect on the team. It was initially setup for 30 mins and it went on for 1.5 hrs. the tech interview was on java/j2ee domains. The interview was very elaborate and I dont think there was anything left for the onsite interview at all. The interview was good. next day the recruiter contacted me and wanted to bring me to their office for a 2 hrs F2F interview, for some reasons they backed out in the afternoon since I had a travel constraint and started saying there was some confusion.
I felt really annoyed for having interviewed me for 1.5 hrs and they liked initially.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by onsite interview. Phone interview was about work experience and projects. Onsite interview was ok. no big surprises.

Negotiation Details – There was no need to negotiate.I got what I wanted.

Project Manager Intern Interview

Project Manager Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied to career services at my college. Went in for 2 one on one interviews. They basically walked me through my resume and asked the usual questions about my experiences- interested in leadership, teamwork, good experiences, bad experiences, etc. I guess they also asked about my knowledge with Sony products. They were very nice and it was a relaxed setting. I was contacted about two weeks later and offered the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to do something you did not want to do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not consider myself in a position to negotiate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sony Network Entertainment International? Contribute to the Community!

Sony Network Entertainment International Photos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sony Network Entertainment International interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sony Network Entertainment International employees and interview candidates.