Sony Network Entertainment International

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for Software Engineer intern position and had a phone interview with the hiring manager; I thought I did pretty well. A week later, I got a reject letter and thought it was done. The following week, the same manager contact me again and ask if I am interested in interviewing for Software Engineer I on-site. I thought it was kind of odd, but I accepted anyway and went interview on-site. I had a typical 5 rounds of interviews on-site like everyone. One of the interviewers was kind of rude and not very professional. He gave me a feeling that he was forced to be there, he just gave me problems and let me do my own thing, and he continued to work on his stuffs on the computer. Toward the end about 10 minutes left after I solved the problems that he gave me, he just sat down and continued working on his stuffs. I just sat there looking straight at him doing his work and unsure what to do. He didn't even asked me if I had any questions for him, since interviewers usually do at the end. It was really awkward during that 10 minutes. I tried to take the initiative and asked some questions, but he kept telling me to hold on, so I just stay quiet. Finally met the hiring manager, talked to him; he's a very friendly and nice guy. The only thing that he surprised me was he acted like he had never looked over my resume.

Interview Questions

• Basic knowledge questions, nothing is unexpected. If you have the basics, its easy. The only thing that was unexpected, at least for me, is the attitude of one of the interviewer and the hiring manager   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial recruiter was very nice, however, second talent acquisition rep who scheduled my flight/hotel was horribly unprofessional. This should have been my first sign. Flew me out and had 5+ hour interview with multiple members from various departments for a corporate management position. Thought interviews went very well except for final interview with VP who didn't look at me during the time he stepped into the conference room. Guess my answers didn't interest him and think me talking about my education turned him off. I had a bad feeling this portion of the interview didn't go well so I checked him out on LinkedIn and he didn't have any education noted whatsoever...and he was the VP. They want to play in the same sandbox as Google or Apple but they're not even close.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial 30 minute phone interview, followed by a four hour onsite interview. Onsite was several rounds with 2-3 people each including managers, other developers and a BA. I enjoyed talking to all except for two developers who were rude. One repeatedly cut me off before I could finish answering questions. The other guy paid almost no attention to me, using his iPhone the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR stuff + a lot of Java questions. Nothing that complicated   Answer Question

Software QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received mail from HR to fill one application. Then they scheduled my panel interview.The whole process took around 20 days. The interview was normal and took 30 mins. But they were looking who had QA work experience and a local candidate. Got a reject after 1 month.

Interview Questions

• General questions about sql, session and previous experience.   Answer Question

Interview

I applied on company website, and I receive a mail to schedule a phone interview. I am still waiting for the result. The interviewer is an engineer manager, he is very nice, talks about my background, what languages I know and ask some basic question about data structure, Java, javascript, etc. It is a great conversaion.

SQA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process is pretty regular, Telephonic first round and face to face with 4 people on second round. I expected difficult questions but surprisingly the questions were easy. But They did not respond yet to me after the interview to give me a feedback. Giving feedback to the candidate even though he/she is not selected would be nice.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International.

Interview

30 minute phone screen followed by 2 onsite interview. 1st one was technical with multiple interviewers. Lasted for 3 hours. Involved a lot of hands on JAVA, SQL, and other programming related questions 2nd one was mostly related to salary, work environment, expectations etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not much negotiable. Accepted as offered which was decent.

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter, Interviewers all very nice. Moderate technical questions and behavioral questions. First interview was a screening round full of behavioral questions and then followed by onsite interview. 5 rounds of technical and behavioral combined.Overall a good experience.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International.

Interview

apply on campus, and heard back from them a month later. Setting a phone interview for 30 minutes and it was not hard at all. But the position required some experience which I did not have at that times.

Interview Questions

• same simple questions, and declined because has no experience before hand   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online, got an interview within a week, GREAT HR, actually recommended me for other positions too. Behavioral interview. All over skype. First round was a phone interview, second round were 5 skype interviews.

Interview Questions

• List your favorite music service and what would you do to improve it?   Answer Question