Sony Network Entertainment International

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

3.1

Product Management - Music Unlimited Interview

Applied online, got an interview within a week, GREAT HR, actually recommended me for other positions too. Behavioral interview. All over skype. First round was a phone interview, second round were 5 skype interviews.

Interview Questions
    • List your favorite music service and what would you do to improve it?   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

interviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International in June 2014.

After the application, recruiter never spoke but the first interview was with Sr Dir of BI Services. Then called in for an in-person i/v with their UK counter part - Dir of Analytics and Lead Data Scientist. The i/v with Marketing person never took place and nor valid explanation was given. A few days later rejection email was received.

Interview Questions
    • While i/v date was scheduled to match the trip from UK, no details were given until at the 11th hour. No introduction to their environment was given. How to apply Scrum in Data Science? How to revive entrepreneurship?   View Answer

Digital Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International in June 2014.

While liking everyone who interviewed me, communication from Sony was very poor, there was a lot of apologizing on their end for the process. The hiring manager and HR seemed very out of synch and were sending conflicting messages. I kept hearing “two weeks” for a decision. That answer was given to me three times before I realized I was being used to validate someone they already had slated for the role. Duplicitous management.

Digital Media Interview

Work culture is phenomenal. Great people all excited to be a part of a business that is growing fast. Lot's of really smart, good people who are fun to work with. Techy vibe (casual dress, etc) but a great office atmosphere

Interview Questions
    • Sony does a lot of behavioral interviews which can be challenging   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International.

Interviewer forgot to call the first time and have to reschedule it. Next time, interviewer called 10 minute late for a 30 minute interview. He was asking to explain project details. Asked few java questions and answered most of them. Asked a hibernate question and did not answer it right. Outright, he stopped the interview saying, he is looking someone with more experience on UI and hibernate and suggested he will recommend to other teams where only backend work is performed. However, I heard from internal sources that, the interviewer gave a feedback of "Not Fit for any job in Sony". Not sure, how come one can decide on the skill of a person by talking only for 15 minutes. Also heard that internally, the interviewer have a lot of attitude issues and complains against him. Whatever may be the case, I would say, SNEI lost a good profession by making some unprofessional interviewer.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International in February 2014.

Brought in members from their whole team, 2 by 2 and each of them asked me questions. Overall, a very relaxed and engaging interview. Not many coding questions, but asked me plenty of questions about Java, data structures, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Had a written paper that asked about how to speed up caching   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International.

Was initially contacted by an engineer on the team who came across my profile online who wanted to make me aware of an open position they had available. I expressed interest and was later contacted by HR. We set up a phone interview with another engineer on the team for the next day. The phone interview was technical and went fine. I was contacted again by HR and was informed that I would be progressing to the next round. A 1-hour Skype interview was scheduled next. After that I was brought on-site for another technical interview with several groups of engineers which included problems at a whiteboard.

Interview Questions
    • Algorithms questions such as max-sub sequence sums, kth largest item, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International.

phone screening first, and then onsite. Met 4 groups of people when onsite, the questions from management are mostly behavior questions, and the rest of them were technical, but not very hard. Asked some Java/C++ related questions. That's it. After on-site interview, waited for a couple of weeks and got the offer. The salary in the offer was disappointing but they insist that's their best offer. I took it in the end.

Interview Questions
    very hard to negotiate, they were very firm in base salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International in August 2013.

I applied to this company online looking at an ad on linkedIn. The recruiter contacted me and we had a short call to go through my profile and my salary requirements.
    They setup a phone interview with the Hiring Manager and a Technical Architect on the team. It was initially setup for 30 mins and it went on for 1.5 hrs. the tech interview was on java/j2ee domains. The interview was very elaborate and I dont think there was anything left for the onsite interview at all. The interview was good. next day the recruiter contacted me and wanted to bring me to their office for a 2 hrs F2F interview, for some reasons they backed out in the afternoon since I had a travel constraint and started saying there was some confusion.
    I felt really annoyed for having interviewed me for 1.5 hrs and they liked initially.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Sony Network Entertainment International in May 2013.

Phone interview followed by onsite interview. Phone interview was about work experience and projects. Onsite interview was ok. no big surprises.

There was no need to negotiate.I got what I wanted.