Sony Online Entertainment

Very Easy Interview

Game Designer Interview

Game Designer
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sony Online Entertainment in January 2012.

Interview Details – I knew a friend who worked there who basically got me the job. It was a done deal. Interview was rather unnecessary; Just a formality.

Interview Question – It almost seemed like they were asking me if I would be able to work here based on how poor the quality tools and games are. It was more-less exposing the flaws of the company as to not hire someone who they knew would quit after a month of finding it out for themselves.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much negotiation. I was given my first offer.

Game Designer Interview

Game Designer
San Diego, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sony Online Entertainment in January 2011.

Interview Details – The people were all very cordial and nice. The interview process was a little regimented and programmed. I felt like they were not open to real creativity and were more interested in filling an empty seat. While that may fit with what they are trying to achieve it did not suit my professional goals.

Interview Question – What are your greatest weaknesses?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not a good fit

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sony Online Entertainment

Worked for Sony Online Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!