Sony Pictures Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.8

Inventory/Demand Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I went in for Demand Planning Analyst position and overall the experience was positive. I had phone screening, interview, then email contacts to come in for in person interview. In-person interview questions were pretty straight forward and interviewers were nice. Everyone at the site was very friendly, kind and nice.

Sony Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a small office of Sony, that composed of no more than 10 people in tax department. The interview was a 70 minutes long interview with three different managers, one at a time. The tax office is hiring three part/full interns year round, and they required interns to commit at least one year term.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

The interview is not very hard. They focus on the basic algorithm and experience. They are closefisted and didn't provide the lunch if you have an interview cross the lunch time.

Interview Questions

• In social graph, find the relationship between 2 people   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview and was advised I would move forward for onsite interview with hiring manager. Second interview started off with recruiter then meet with hiring manager for about an hour. Very professional and received immediate feedback the following day.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and tell me what your role and responsibilities were.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Interview

They talked mostly about my experience rather than technical questions. There were 2 interviews, one just to kinda get to know you, and then they talked more about what the company wanted from their interns and the projects.

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Very standard, team was very nice and upfront. There was a screening process and then interviews with the entire team. For the role it was very standard, it was really a positive experience overall.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in August 2014.

Interview

Get an interview and then got offer. Background check takes for ever, even until the job begins. And firstly there was a recruiting company called me and the lady there helped me out choosing the department I can fit in.

Consumer Insight Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in June 2014.

Interview

Very unorganized meetings. I had 2 interviews scheduled back to back, first with recruiter, then with the hiring manager. Recruiter was 25 minutes late, so the interview lasted only 5 minutes. When I went meet the hiring manager, it was obvious the hiring manager had no idea who I was, and had never looked at my resume before the interview. The first 5 minutes were spent watching the hiring manager read my resume. When the interview was done, the hiring manager said goodbye, and did not walk me out of the office.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA).

Interview

Two rounds of interview. You first applied through the company's website, then they schedule a phone interview with P&O manager. Then, your resume got forwarded to the specific department for the second round interview at the lot.

Interview Questions

• We went to every single detail on my resume. I didn't have much background in the entertainment, so it's kind of hard for me to answer some questions.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA).

Interview

After submitting your resume online, HR selects a couple of students to get interviewed on campus. These questions are much more behavioral and general. If they like you and find you a good fit, they will send your resume to different departments they find suitable. From there, it is up to those departments whether they want to bring you for an interview. These questions are much more specific pertaining to how you would contribute to the team.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember exactly but it was about how I would deal with a certain task.   1 Answer