Sony Pictures Entertainment

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in August 2014.

Get an interview and then got offer. Background check takes for ever, even until the job begins. And firstly there was a recruiting company called me and the lady there helped me out choosing the department I can fit in.

Consumer Insight Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in June 2014.

Very unorganized meetings. I had 2 interviews scheduled back to back, first with recruiter, then with the hiring manager. Recruiter was 25 minutes late, so the interview lasted only 5 minutes. When I went meet the hiring manager, it was obvious the hiring manager had no idea who I was, and had never looked at my resume before the interview. The first 5 minutes were spent watching the hiring manager read my resume. When the interview was done, the hiring manager said goodbye, and did not walk me out of the office.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Two rounds of interview. You first applied through the company's website, then they schedule a phone interview with P&O manager. Then, your resume got forwarded to the specific department for the second round interview at the lot.

Interview Questions
    • We went to every single detail on my resume. I didn't have much background in the entertainment, so it's kind of hard for me to answer some questions.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

After submitting your resume online, HR selects a couple of students to get interviewed on campus. These questions are much more behavioral and general. If they like you and find you a good fit, they will send your resume to different departments they find suitable. From there, it is up to those departments whether they want to bring you for an interview. These questions are much more specific pertaining to how you would contribute to the team.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember exactly but it was about how I would deal with a certain task.   View Answer

Software Development Engineering Interview

interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in May 2014.

Just asked me about what I have done in the past. Not any algorithms questions. I think they wanted me because I had something to do with data analysis and they really needed someone with that kinds of background. So I got in

Interview Questions
    • Describe my most successful project about big data analysis   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in May 2014.

HR contacted me for an initial interview with HR and the hiring manager.
    I was contacted by HR two days after my initial interview to arrangement some time to meet with the VP of the organization.

Interview Questions
    • None - The questions were mostly job related. As long as you know the finance/accounting procedures and processes, there were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

The base salary was too low.
    Sony does offer good bonuses to compensate the base salary.

SPECTRUM Intern Interview

This is a HR interview by phone. Some general questions such as: What source did you know this internship program? What positions are you interested in? Tell me about your experiences on your resume. No difficult or unexpected questions.
    The HR said they will notify the candidates about mid-April for further interviews.

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

1 phone interview, 2 in-person interviews

Depends on your

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

4 rounds of interview, inclusive of 2 phone and 2 onsite interviews.

Operations Manager Interview

Three interviews were required. The last one was a panel interview with multiple members of the senior management team. Interview questions were fairly basic but there is an emphasis on DISC and MBTI profiles. Interview process was unstructured. Questions were equally distributed between work and personal relationships with colleagues. Recruiter coordinated the interview schedule and communicated directly with the interviewers. Would have like more information about the interviewers but this wasn't available.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions weren't very unique. Typical questions about past failures or difficult relationships and how those situations were resolved   Answer Question

Worked for Sony Pictures Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!