Sony Pictures Entertainment Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
61 interviews

2.8

Software Development Engineering Interview

interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in May 2014.

Just asked me about what I have done in the past. Not any algorithms questions. I think they wanted me because I had something to do with data analysis and they really needed someone with that kinds of background. So I got in

Interview Questions
    • Describe my most successful project about big data analysis   Answer Question

Consumer Insight Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in June 2014.

Very unorganized meetings. I had 2 interviews scheduled back to back, first with recruiter, then with the hiring manager. Recruiter was 25 minutes late, so the interview lasted only 5 minutes. When I went meet the hiring manager, it was obvious the hiring manager had no idea who I was, and had never looked at my resume before the interview. The first 5 minutes were spent watching the hiring manager read my resume. When the interview was done, the hiring manager said goodbye, and did not walk me out of the office.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in March 2012.

They are quite slow and the responsiveness can take a while. However, they are very friendly and professional. You have to go back many times for interviews and the overall process can go on an on. As the candidate, I felt I had to continually follow up to keep things moving along by reaching out to the recruiter and the hiring manager.

Once they told me they wanted to make an offer if took over 2 weeks for them to get it together and formally present it. That was a very long time to wait on a job offer once being told you were the final candidate.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in May 2014.

HR contacted me for an initial interview with HR and the hiring manager.
    I was contacted by HR two days after my initial interview to arrangement some time to meet with the VP of the organization.

Interview Questions
    • None - The questions were mostly job related. As long as you know the finance/accounting procedures and processes, there were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

The base salary was too low.
    Sony does offer good bonuses to compensate the base salary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Two rounds of interview. You first applied through the company's website, then they schedule a phone interview with P&O manager. Then, your resume got forwarded to the specific department for the second round interview at the lot.

Interview Questions
    • We went to every single detail on my resume. I didn't have much background in the entertainment, so it's kind of hard for me to answer some questions.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

After submitting your resume online, HR selects a couple of students to get interviewed on campus. These questions are much more behavioral and general. If they like you and find you a good fit, they will send your resume to different departments they find suitable. From there, it is up to those departments whether they want to bring you for an interview. These questions are much more specific pertaining to how you would contribute to the team.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember exactly but it was about how I would deal with a certain task.   View Answer

SPECTRUM Intern Interview

This is a HR interview by phone. Some general questions such as: What source did you know this internship program? What positions are you interested in? Tell me about your experiences on your resume. No difficult or unexpected questions.
    The HR said they will notify the candidates about mid-April for further interviews.

Finance Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

1 phone interview, 2 in-person interviews

Depends on your

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in February 2014.

Applied online, and was contacted by HR within a week. HR scheduled a first round interview within the week with a couple Managers. Then got invited to a 2nd round of interviews with a few Managers, Directors and a VP. Thought both when well, they said they would let me know about the position within 2 weeks. 2 weeks later, no response, so i contacted them and they made me sound like i was rushing them. A month past until they finally called me to say that the position was on hold due to budget. They were horrible with following up. I then applied for 2 more positions that the HR rep recommended, and it was the same process. 2 rounds of interviews and NO FOLLOW UP for weeks to months. Not a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • We all make mistakes, what's one mistake that you've made in your career?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

4 rounds of interview, inclusive of 2 phone and 2 onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sony Pictures Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!