Sony Pictures Entertainment

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Culver City, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview Details – Process was very smooth. Interviewers were patient and timely but want accuracy. I was interviewed by 3 people and was also given sample questions to look over before the interview

Interview Question – Where do you expect to be in 20 years   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Culver City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in November 2011.

Interview Details – very odd experience...interviewed by the employees rather than the head of the department. This would be OK if I met the head of the dept. first, but was uncomfortable for a first interview. I wasn't interested after that experience and wished I would have been more selective when finding out this would be the forum the day before.

Interview Questions

Intern Interview

Intern
Culver City, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in March 2012.

Interview Details – I got a Skype interview with HR through a referral. It consisted of normal résumé screening and behavioral questions. After a week, I was notified that they forwarded my information to a department, but it took 2 months until they finally told me that I didn't get the position.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in entertainment?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Culver City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email from HR within a week. The first phone interview is with HR which took roughly 15'. Very general questions: why SPE, why this position, most difficult problem you've encountered, what do you know about the entertainment industry.

The second round is a phone interview with two of their employees. Again, typical interview questions. The background check took around 10 days.

Interview Question – Tell me about the most difficult problem you've encountered in your previous job, and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available. The pay is rather low for interns.

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant to Vice President of Online Analytics Interview

Culver City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in August 2010.

Interview Details – HR called me to give me a pre-interview and then scheduled an in-person interview for the following day. Went in for the HR interview and was called back later that afternoon to come in for a 2nd interview with the actual VPs. Came in for a 2nd interview the following week and the VPs had no idea why HR brought me in for the position as I was 'severely underqualified'. Complete waste of everyone's time.

Interview Question – What are some challenges you've had to overcome in the workplace and how did you work around them?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in February 2011.

Interview Details – I had an interview with sony pictures last week. It was a 1-on-1 interview with their HR campus recruiter. She took notes while we were talking and said she would forward it to the departments I'm interested in. If they think my skills match the intern they are looking for, then they would reach out to me in mid-march.

Interview Question – Tell me about a complex project you've worked on.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Culver City, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in January 2012.

Interview Details – Overall it was an easy process. I spoke with an HR team member, and then interviewed with the current employees on the team.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Culver City, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in November 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email from HR requesting a phone interview, she aske general questions regarding my resume and salary expectations. I then was set up with an in person interview with the hiring manager. About three weeks later I was notified after a second follow up letter that they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Culver City, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was long but very professional. DId an initial phone screen with HR, followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager. From there I had a group interview. After that interview, I had an additional interview with a potential colleague and then a final interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – How do you innovate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little room for negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Culver City, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in August 2011.

Interview Details – Went through a brief phone screening interview that was followed up by an in-person interview with the HR Recruiter. After that, there was a panel interview which consisted of 3 managers and this interview lasted about an hour. Called back in few weeks later to meet the hiring manager. Everyone I interviewed with seemed nice and made the interview process a positive experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about the most challenging problem you faced at work.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sony Pictures Entertainment