Sony Pictures Entertainment

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

Was interviewed via Skype in late winter and was told that I was one of the first people being interviewed. I was asked to describe myself, give an example of a challenge I have overcome. I thought it went well and I was told I would be contacting in the next 6 weeks once the interviews were completed - never heard back

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Process was very smooth. Interviewers were patient and timely but want accuracy. I was interviewed by 3 people and was also given sample questions to look over before the interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in August 2012.

Initial communication was over the phone with a recruiter who asked me if I was interested in the job and what my qualifications were. I was then asked to come in and meet with the manager whom I would be reporting to. The interview was straight forward and more about my experience and the nature of the role and responsibilities. I was then brought in again and met the VP (my manager's manager), another manager on the team, and two future colleagues that had the same job I was interviewing for. The VP grilled me on strategy questions, but besides that it was relatively straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • "Why is there traffic in L.A.?" "How can you/would you resolve this issue?"   Answer Question
    I negotiated with the recruiter over salary. It took a day/two and I accepted the offer after he got me a little bit more money. They didn't budge much though....$5K was it.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in June 2012.

The hiring and interview process is pretty immediate. However, you can only get the gig if you're referred in. If you are a hard worker, you get the job.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in April 2012.

I applied online and got an email from HR within a week. The first phone interview is with HR which took roughly 15'. Very general questions: why SPE, why this position, most difficult problem you've encountered, what do you know about the entertainment industry.

The second round is a phone interview with two of their employees. Again, typical interview questions. The background check took around 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most difficult problem you've encountered in your previous job, and how you solved it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available. The pay is rather low for interns.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in April 2012.

I applied for the position online. I received a phone call from the recruiter. I then had a one on one interview with the recruiter and 2 panel interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in March 2012.

I got a Skype interview with HR through a referral. It consisted of normal résumé screening and behavioral questions. After a week, I was notified that they forwarded my information to a department, but it took 2 months until they finally told me that I didn't get the position.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in March 2012.

They are quite slow and the responsiveness can take a while. However, they are very friendly and professional. You have to go back many times for interviews and the overall process can go on an on. As the candidate, I felt I had to continually follow up to keep things moving along by reaching out to the recruiter and the hiring manager.

Once they told me they wanted to make an offer if took over 2 weeks for them to get it together and formally present it. That was a very long time to wait on a job offer once being told you were the final candidate.

Senior Production Safety Manager -NYC- MA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in March 2012.

The position was posted online, I thought I was a pretty qualified for the position. I applied immediately. A month later I received a call from HR for a screening. She asked the basic questions and we need to wait for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ok on working with Artistic people. In a technical field, it tends to be hard to deal with Artist, please explain how best you will deal with them.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in January 2012.

Contacted by the recruiting company which contracted with Sony, had a phone interview with the recruiter initially and an in-person interview with my supervisor 2 weeks later. One week later they informed me to start work immediately. I was offered the full-time position after 4 month of working as a contract employee.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you tried to accomplish something but failed   View Answer