Sony Pictures Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.8

Spectrum Internship Interview

Interview

after i handed in my application, they invited me to a phone interview.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in November 2013.

Interview

Used a job board to apply directly to a Sony Pictures Entertainment position. A company HR contacted me directly to phone screen me. I had applied to a senior financial analyst position for the Television division but the HR recommended and forwarded my candidacy for different finance division. I interviewed with the Vice President of the Finance division and then the Directors. I was then onboarded online.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked HR for 5k more than what was initially offered. We negotiated to a 2k increase in offer.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

This was a long time ago, but I recall it being fair and overall concise, not drawn out.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

After the initial phone interview with the Recruiting Manager, I met with her in person a week later to be briefed about what the Marketing Manager was looking for and what I should focus on from my background. From there, I then drove over to ImageWorks (that's how big Sony is) to interview with the Marketing Manager. The questions are pretty standard like, "What did you do at your previous company?" "What about this role interested you?" "Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?" "How are you under pressure?" "Can you provide an example of when you had to deal with a disagreement where you were the middleman, be it client and creative or internally?" but the interviewers are very thorough, so if you're going to BS, be prepared with details. My interview exceeded an hour. This was only round 1. I'm waiting to hear back regarding round 2.

Interview Questions

• "What is your weakness? A real weakness, not an 'interview weakness.' Unless you're trying to tell me you're perfect."   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Miami, FL).

Interview

I applied online and was invited for an interview. I first interviewed with HR and she asked some questions regarding my background and verified if I was truly bilingual. Then I spoke to the hiring manager. They went through my background in more detail, asking the normal interview type questions. I was then given an Excel test which I found to be too specific and difficult for a person coming in with no background on their processes. Then I spoke to the Director of their group.

Interview Questions

• Very random questions such as how many people in certain countries. -I have no idea how many residents are in X latin american country.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation possible.

Creative Services Producer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in May 2013.

Interview

Phone and video interview with very basic questioning about past work experiences. Very light conversational exchange about the responsibilities and daily tasks of the position. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Worldwide Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by HR after passing the first round interviews at my school and I was invited to their studios for second round interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most recent movie you watched? What were the trailers that were shown before the movie?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA).

Interview

Knew of position already. Reached out to hiring manager. Met with entire team and then had additional phone interview with V.P. Had to wait for over a month before decision was made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I made my request. I was told what was possible. I accepted that and then had to wait over a month to see if that was approved.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

Two phone interviews.

Operations Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

10-15 minutes with P&O (HR at other companies), very rudimentary / online interview questions 45-60 minutes with hiring group head (Executive Director in this case) If they like you on first pass and agree, and there are other passable candidates, they will bring those people back for 60 more minutes with hiring group personnel / head.

Interview Questions

• Biggest Strength, Weakness, Accomplishment, Conflict History, Communication Preferences   Answer Question