Sony Pictures Entertainment

2.7

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Two rounds of interview. You first applied through the company's website, then they schedule a phone interview with P&O manager. Then, your resume got forwarded to the specific department for the second round interview at the lot.

Interview Questions
    • We went to every single detail on my resume. I didn't have much background in the entertainment, so it's kind of hard for me to answer some questions.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

After submitting your resume online, HR selects a couple of students to get interviewed on campus. These questions are much more behavioral and general. If they like you and find you a good fit, they will send your resume to different departments they find suitable. From there, it is up to those departments whether they want to bring you for an interview. These questions are much more specific pertaining to how you would contribute to the team.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember exactly but it was about how I would deal with a certain task.   View Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in May 2014.

HR contacted me for an initial interview with HR and the hiring manager.
    I was contacted by HR two days after my initial interview to arrangement some time to meet with the VP of the organization.

Interview Questions
    • None - The questions were mostly job related. As long as you know the finance/accounting procedures and processes, there were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

The base salary was too low.
    Sony does offer good bonuses to compensate the base salary.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in February 2014.

Applied online, and was contacted by HR within a week. HR scheduled a first round interview within the week with a couple Managers. Then got invited to a 2nd round of interviews with a few Managers, Directors and a VP. Thought both when well, they said they would let me know about the position within 2 weeks. 2 weeks later, no response, so i contacted them and they made me sound like i was rushing them. A month past until they finally called me to say that the position was on hold due to budget. They were horrible with following up. I then applied for 2 more positions that the HR rep recommended, and it was the same process. 2 rounds of interviews and NO FOLLOW UP for weeks to months. Not a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • We all make mistakes, what's one mistake that you've made in your career?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in December 2013.

Applied through the website and went through a phone screening process. After the phone screening, HR sends your resume out to different departments. Departments that are interested will contact you for an interview, this happened within a month. Was contacted for an interview with three different departments. Went in to three separate interviews. Decision was made within a week or two

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress? Give us an example of a stressful situation you were in and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   View Answer
    • Why are you interested in the entertainment industry?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question
    Didn't try to negotiate with an intern position

Worldwide Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Was contacted by HR after passing the first round interviews at my school and I was invited to their studios for second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most recent movie you watched? What were the trailers that were shown before the movie?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Knew of position already. Reached out to hiring manager. Met with entire team and then had additional phone interview with V.P. Had to wait for over a month before decision was made.

Interview Questions
    I made my request. I was told what was possible. I accepted that and then had to wait over a month to see if that was approved.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Process was very smooth. Interviewers were patient and timely but want accuracy. I was interviewed by 3 people and was also given sample questions to look over before the interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in August 2012.

Initial communication was over the phone with a recruiter who asked me if I was interested in the job and what my qualifications were. I was then asked to come in and meet with the manager whom I would be reporting to. The interview was straight forward and more about my experience and the nature of the role and responsibilities. I was then brought in again and met the VP (my manager's manager), another manager on the team, and two future colleagues that had the same job I was interviewing for. The VP grilled me on strategy questions, but besides that it was relatively straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • "Why is there traffic in L.A.?" "How can you/would you resolve this issue?"   Answer Question
    I negotiated with the recruiter over salary. It took a day/two and I accepted the offer after he got me a little bit more money. They didn't budge much though....$5K was it.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in April 2012.

I applied online and got an email from HR within a week. The first phone interview is with HR which took roughly 15'. Very general questions: why SPE, why this position, most difficult problem you've encountered, what do you know about the entertainment industry.

The second round is a phone interview with two of their employees. Again, typical interview questions. The background check took around 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most difficult problem you've encountered in your previous job, and how you solved it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available. The pay is rather low for interns.