Sony Pictures Entertainment

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Culver City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in March 2012.

Interview Details – They are quite slow and the responsiveness can take a while. However, they are very friendly and professional. You have to go back many times for interviews and the overall process can go on an on. As the candidate, I felt I had to continually follow up to keep things moving along by reaching out to the recruiter and the hiring manager.

Negotiation Details – Once they told me they wanted to make an offer if took over 2 weeks for them to get it together and formally present it. That was a very long time to wait on a job offer once being told you were the final candidate.

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Culver City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in May 2014.

Interview Details – HR contacted me for an initial interview with HR and the hiring manager.
I was contacted by HR two days after my initial interview to arrangement some time to meet with the VP of the organization.

Interview Question – None - The questions were mostly job related. As long as you know the finance/accounting procedures and processes, there were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The base salary was too low.
Sony does offer good bonuses to compensate the base salary.

Intern Interview

Intern
Culver City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interview. You first applied through the company's website, then they schedule a phone interview with P&O manager. Then, your resume got forwarded to the specific department for the second round interview at the lot.

Interview Question – We went to every single detail on my resume. I didn't have much background in the entertainment, so it's kind of hard for me to answer some questions.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Intern Interview

Digital Marketing Intern
Culver City, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview Details – After submitting your resume online, HR selects a couple of students to get interviewed on campus. These questions are much more behavioral and general. If they like you and find you a good fit, they will send your resume to different departments they find suitable. From there, it is up to those departments whether they want to bring you for an interview. These questions are much more specific pertaining to how you would contribute to the team.

Interview Question – I don't remember exactly but it was about how I would deal with a certain task.   View Answer

Sales Analyst Interview

Sales Analyst
Culver City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, and was contacted by HR within a week. HR scheduled a first round interview within the week with a couple Managers. Then got invited to a 2nd round of interviews with a few Managers, Directors and a VP. Thought both when well, they said they would let me know about the position within 2 weeks. 2 weeks later, no response, so i contacted them and they made me sound like i was rushing them. A month past until they finally called me to say that the position was on hold due to budget. They were horrible with following up. I then applied for 2 more positions that the HR rep recommended, and it was the same process. 2 rounds of interviews and NO FOLLOW UP for weeks to months. Not a good experience.

Interview Question – We all make mistakes, what's one mistake that you've made in your career?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Culver City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through the website and went through a phone screening process. After the phone screening, HR sends your resume out to different departments. Departments that are interested will contact you for an interview, this happened within a month. Was contacted for an interview with three different departments. Went in to three separate interviews. Decision was made within a week or two

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Didn't try to negotiate with an intern position

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in January 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by the recruiting company which contracted with Sony, had a phone interview with the recruiter initially and an in-person interview with my supervisor 2 weeks later. One week later they informed me to start work immediately. I was offered the full-time position after 4 month of working as a contract employee.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time when you tried to accomplish something but failed   View Answer

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Culver City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in March 2011.

Interview Details – Everyone was very friendly and professional upon entering the premises and ushering through the studio.

Interview Question – Questions were more related to personal assessments and opinions rather than the technical aspects about the job. The job was not the right fit for me in the end.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Culver City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in April 2009.

Interview Details – HR is slow, but interviews were scheduled all in one day, talking to 3 managers.

Interview Question – No cases or gimmicks, just basic behavioral.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For entry level, there is barely any room for negotiation

Worldwide Marketing Intern Interview

Worldwide Marketing Intern
Culver City, CA

Interview Details – Was contacted by HR after passing the first round interviews at my school and I was invited to their studios for second round interview.

Interview Question – What is the most recent movie you watched? What were the trailers that were shown before the movie?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sony Pictures Entertainment

Worked for Sony Pictures Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!