Sony Pictures Entertainment Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.7

Inventory/Demand Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I went in for Demand Planning Analyst position and overall the experience was positive. I had phone screening, interview, then email contacts to come in for in person interview. In-person interview questions were pretty straight forward and interviewers were nice. Everyone at the site was very friendly, kind and nice.

Sony Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a small office of Sony, that composed of no more than 10 people in tax department. The interview was a 70 minutes long interview with three different managers, one at a time. The tax office is hiring three part/full interns year round, and they required interns to commit at least one year term.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview and was advised I would move forward for onsite interview with hiring manager. Second interview started off with recruiter then meet with hiring manager for about an hour. Very professional and received immediate feedback the following day.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and tell me what your role and responsibilities were.   Answer Question

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Very standard, team was very nice and upfront. There was a screening process and then interviews with the entire team. For the role it was very standard, it was really a positive experience overall.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA).

Interview

Two rounds of interview. You first applied through the company's website, then they schedule a phone interview with P&O manager. Then, your resume got forwarded to the specific department for the second round interview at the lot.

Interview Questions

• We went to every single detail on my resume. I didn't have much background in the entertainment, so it's kind of hard for me to answer some questions.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA).

Interview

After submitting your resume online, HR selects a couple of students to get interviewed on campus. These questions are much more behavioral and general. If they like you and find you a good fit, they will send your resume to different departments they find suitable. From there, it is up to those departments whether they want to bring you for an interview. These questions are much more specific pertaining to how you would contribute to the team.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember exactly but it was about how I would deal with a certain task.   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

HR contacted me for an initial interview with HR and the hiring manager. I was contacted by HR two days after my initial interview to arrangement some time to meet with the VP of the organization.

Interview Questions

• None - The questions were mostly job related. As long as you know the finance/accounting procedures and processes, there were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

The base salary was too low. Sony does offer good bonuses to compensate the base salary.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and was contacted by HR within a week. HR scheduled a first round interview within the week with a couple Managers. Then got invited to a 2nd round of interviews with a few Managers, Directors and a VP. Thought both when well, they said they would let me know about the position within 2 weeks. 2 weeks later, no response, so i contacted them and they made me sound like i was rushing them. A month past until they finally called me to say that the position was on hold due to budget. They were horrible with following up. I then applied for 2 more positions that the HR rep recommended, and it was the same process. 2 rounds of interviews and NO FOLLOW UP for weeks to months. Not a good experience.

Interview Questions

• We all make mistakes, what's one mistake that you've made in your career?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied through the website and went through a phone screening process. After the phone screening, HR sends your resume out to different departments. Departments that are interested will contact you for an interview, this happened within a month. Was contacted for an interview with three different departments. Went in to three separate interviews. Decision was made within a week or two

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? Give us an example of a stressful situation you were in and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in the entertainment industry?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate with an intern position

Worldwide Marketing Intern Interview

Application

Interview

Was contacted by HR after passing the first round interviews at my school and I was invited to their studios for second round interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most recent movie you watched? What were the trailers that were shown before the movie?   Answer Question