Sony Pictures Home Entertainment

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

3.1

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

Interview

Transitioned from Temp to Permanent employee after 3 months. Staffing agency was easy to find online. Called them up and then registered with the company. They interviewed me for the Ops position and sent me over for the job. I made sure to learn as much as possible while there and became an asset. After a few months they offered me a more permanent position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

The most important thing about interviewing with Sony Pictures, is to be well versed of the department for which you are applying for. They want to hire someone that is very aware of the department no matter what the position is because they do promote their employees. Having prior experience seemed important, but the interview was about what the department does. Had I been more prepared as to what the department was all about as opposed to being prepared to share how qualified I as for the position, I believe the interview would have run much smoother. Also, it is important to know who you are being interviewed by. Know what they do, their history, what they are involved in--this gives you more to talk about and shares that you did your homework.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected questions were about what the department does. It was expected that I know the answer.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

3 separate interviews (4 if you can't HR) with a total of 5 different people. (Last one was panel.) Everyone was friendly, but the process took a very long time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. They made a "take it or leave it offer" which is to be expected for low level positions.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

The hiring process began with a recruiter who set up a 1-on-1 phone interview with the Hiring Manager. I then went onsite to meet with 4 managers/ directors for individual interviews. Interview process lasted 6.5 hours onsite. I left the interview with a negative feeling, as the people were not as personable as I had hoped and mid-interview they told me they would are considering my for a lower position than I was originally interviewing for. I found that to be misleading and reflect poorly on the company. I left the interview knowing that I would not accept a position if I was offered one.

Assistant Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Thorough, multi-faceted. HR took longest for hiring.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sony Pictures, and not another studio in town?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to pursue undergrad and advanced degrees to further your career here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brutal, though I ended up with the highest rate in my position's range.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about 4 weeks. The HR contacted me after 2 weeks for a 1st interview. 1st interview: 2 persons: the HR and the Product Marketing manager Duration: 1 hour 3 days later, I received a confirmation for the second stage. They gave me 2 days to create a short marketing plan for a home entertainment release. I presented it during a 2nd interview. 2nd interview: 2 persons: the Product Marketing Manager and the Head of Product Marketing Duration: 1 hour and a 1/2

Interview Questions

• - How do you react if 2 co-workers ask for an urgent requests in the same time ? - How do you measure brand awareness ? - Some questions related to my marketing plan   Answer Question

PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in September 2013.

Interview

I was in contact with a recruiter who found me the job. After that I had one interview with the MD, one HR department interview, they called my references, and after that I was hired.