Sony PlayStation

2.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Sony PlayStation.

Applied through the website. Got a call about a month later. Had a 30-60 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. Questions were pretty straight forward. On-site interview was standard for the industry. 3-4 45 minutes sessions, each with 2-3 interviewers. Questions ranged from basics in C++ to a few "how do you think" questions. The tricky questions weren't terrible, and you could think it through given some time.

Interview Questions
    HR asked me to justify the salary I was asking for. I said that it was the average for a person with my experience, and was in line with what my peers with similar jobs and experience were receiving. They were receptive and agreed.

Public Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sony PlayStation in December 2011.

The recruiter couldn't have been nicer. However, overall the company - and my experience interviewing with them has proven it to be true - has a reputation of being flaky. My initial interview with HR went well as did my interview with the person who would have been my boss. But thereafter, the process was derailed. HR kept trying to set an interview with another team member and that person didn't call as planned. After that, HR kept trying to reschedule that third interview, would set it up with me, and then cancel and set up another time. Finally, after about a month and me reiterating that I was still interested, I gave up. I wish they had followed through or had been straightforward, if they were not interested in pursuing me as a candidate.

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sony PlayStation in December 2010.

Applied through the staffing agency, had a phone interview followed by an in person interview. I am not sure if they do this any more but they gave me a test which I did not know most of the answers and I was still hired so I guess it didn't matter. Also, they do not drug test.

They don't negotiate.

UNIX Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sony PlayStation in February 2010.

This was my second time interviewing with SCEA. I invested two hours of phone interviews and 12 hours of on-site interviews that consisted in 3 days of panel interviews that lasted 4 hours each. After investing this much time in a candidate, I received a form letter more than a month after my last interview stating that I did not have enough experience for this position. I am surprised they would have wasted so much time on a candidate that they considered not qualified for the job.

I was very unimpressed by the entire interview process and got the feeling that nobody really knew what position I was interviewing for.

Quality Assurance Tester for FPQA SONY Playstation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sony PlayStation in October 2009.

Submitted Resume and Cover Letter to an email provided to me in a CraigsList.com job post.
    Was also referred by a friend.
    The interview process was quick, was scheduled to show up at 11 AM on a Tuesday, took 45 minutes to wait while I filled out a packet of paper work which included an NDA form, W4 form, and others which I cannot remember.

Interview Questions
    • Most Unexpected Question:
      - Can you work well with others?
      Then interviewer followed up with an explanation on why it was important for an employee to be able to do so for that job.

View Answers (2)
    During the one on one interview, the interviewer mentioned the hourly rate employees earn for Q&A position. I agreed to it and took the job.