Sony PlayStation

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Community Coordinator (Foreign Language) Interview

Community Coordinator (Foreign Language)
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sony PlayStation in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online via a job board, recruiting agency got back to me within a day, asking for specifics of my gaming experience. After a brief back-and-forth, I got some pointers on improving my CV, which was then sent to the company.
It took them about a week to come back saying that they wanted to interview me. First I was interviewed by the hiring manager and by another manager from the communities. It was rather informal, was asked to tell about myself, expand on points in resume, then provide specific ideas.
After that I was asked to write a short test for the language (2 pages, multiple-choice and open-ended), and a short welcome message for the community. Note: it's a good idea at this point to ask if there are any specific rules/guidelines for such messages.

They got back to me soon (just after the weekend), asking me in for a second round with the same hiring manager and someone even more senior from the company. That went very well, was even more relaxed and informal than the first one. No really tricky questions. Asked for impressions on existing content, and then some questions such as "how would you go about doing x?"

Interview Questions

• Had a pop quiz on relevant language grammar, included tricky spelling questions, associations and country trivia.   Answer Question
  • What changes would you make to the website/forum/blog?   Answer Question
  • How would you promote something on the forum/website/blog?   Answer Question
  • Pick your favourite game that you know very well. Imagine it's new. How would you promote it?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Developer

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sony PlayStation.

Interview Details – Submitted the application through and agency and was given an interview a day afterwards. Went to the interview which consisted of an in depth C++ test and a thorough probing of my CV. Later given feedback and decision within 2 days.

Interview Question – C++ data structures, stl containers, design patterns, multithreading. Recommended read: Effective C++   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very fast and efficient. They were extremely helpful every step of the way.

European Product Manager Interview

European Product Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sony PlayStation.

Interview Details – Went through an agency with the head of HR being my main contact. Interview with HR. Then a meeting with Head of Department. 2nd interview with Marketing Director and final round with Vice President of Marketing the company

Interview Question – in response to saying that i can fit into any social environment i was asked if i was an "actor and if i was acting at this current time" I assume it was to do that i could think on my feet   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non existent i was offered and it was take it or leave it.

Developer Relations Account Manager Interview

Developer Relations Account Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Sony PlayStation in June 2010.

Interview Details – The most outstanding thing about this interview process was the duration. Probably a total of 4-6 hours across about as many months. SCEE is not the most decisive company. Meeting the same people for essentially the same interview over and over made you wonder what they were looking for and whether they knew themselves.

Interview Question – The lack of specificity was the hardest. There was sort of the sense of "I don't know what I want, but I will know it when I see it". So pinning down their expectations to the candidate and so on, was very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was done entirely via an recruiting agent. They put an offer to me. I declined and asked for a slightly higher offer - which they granted quickly.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Liverpool, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sony PlayStation.

Interview Details – The old process was basically ask your mates who want a job to submit a CV and cover letter. These would reviewed and either rejected or accepted. These days applicants are expected to submit their applications via website www.playstationjobs.co.uk where they can select from various options to narrow down their search.
The system is requires you to create an account and is very basic. Salary details are not usually listed.

Interview Question – What type of animal would you like to be and why?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Programmer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sony PlayStation in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online, and received a phonecall from HR recruitment who scheduled the interview. A went to the interview and was given a fairly straight forward C/C++ test. After that I was given an interview by 3 senior technical people. This again was fairly straight forward and was asked about my technical background and the work I've done. I was also given a problem solving exercise.

I was told that there is usually a second round, which is more of a HR type interview.

After the interview, I heard nothing. Even followed it up with no response, so I assumed I was unsuccessful

Interview Questions

• General probing of CV   Answer Question
  • Problem solving: You have 8 identical coins. 1 of which weighs less. You also have a pair of balancing scales. What's the minimum amount of weighs you can have to identify the lighter coin for all possibilities?   View Answers (3)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sony PlayStation

Worked for Sony PlayStation? Contribute to the Community!

Sony PlayStation Videos

Sony PlayStation – Why Work for Us?

Put Your Greatness To Use At Sony Computer Entertainment America, we're serious about our standing as the industry’s leading innovator in electronic entertainment. This recognition is a tribute to the talented people… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sony PlayStation interview questions and advice in United Kingdom. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sony PlayStation employees and interview candidates.