Sony Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 18, 2015

Content Creation Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sony (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

My initial phone interview was with one team member. My second phone interview was with two different team members. I was never contacted after the second phone interview. They did not respond to any follow up emails.

Front End Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sony (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

All interviewers were informed and considerate. They knew what they were looking for and how to gauge to what degree I fulfilled those expectations. I got the sense that the team that was interviewing me were all professionals at the top of their respective fields and that was a primary factor that lead me to accept the offer that was eventually extended to me.

Interview Questions

• How do you justify whether or not to make an enhancement that is being asked for by stakeholders?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sony (Foster City, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by HR via email to set up a phone screening time. Very pleasant and enthusiastic about seeing if I could be a match for the position. Notified me that there would not be relocation assistance provided. Was scheduled for an interview with the team's hiring manager. Manager was about 40 minutes late to 1:1 phone interview, but after contacting HR, the situation was resolved and I was able to interview for about 30 minutes. Manager apologized for the mix-up and came prepared with background of the company, needs/responsibilities of the position, and was genuinely interested in who I was and what my goals were. We briefly discussed trends (not related to the interview) in the industry for a bit and then concluded the interview. Was contacted shortly after (2 business days) and offered position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company and the position?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about any data analysis or reporting tools you're familiar with?   1 Answer

Had difficulty finding suitable housing in time; lack of corporate housing options made it a bit challenging to be able to accept the offer.