Sophos Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2015
Updated Mar 7, 2015

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sophos.

Interview

Sent my resume in through a friend on the team. First round interview was simply a coding interview. Two relatively easy questions. I solved the first and he asked me okay, how would you test this?

Next question I did not quite have time to finish but we chatted about how I would have done it and I thought it went pretty well.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of measurements from a radar gun, if it is not an infraction calculate the average speed on the road. If the number of infractions is more than 10% the gun is said to be malfunctioning. Determine if it is malfunctioning.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sophos.

Interview

Three coding questions were given to me over an online ide. The interviewer could only communicate with me through comments in the code. My code was never actually run. The whole process took 45 minutes, throughout the whole process I felt uneasy as I could not compile my code or even communicate effectively with the interviewer. I never received a call back.

Interview Questions

• You have a grid (2X2) matrix, and every row and column needs at least one marker. Some markers are already placed into the grid. Find minimum number of markers needed to satisfy the condition.   Answer Question

Enterprise Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sophos (Boston, MA).

Interview

Fairly quick, with 1 or 2 phone screens followed by an onsite interview, which required a presentation to sales management and others. This was fairly routine and I had an offer within a week or so. During the onsite interview, you should plan to spend at least a 1/2 day in the corporate office, meeting with various sales managers, as well as those in similar roles. Good access was provided to existing employees who speak frankly about their experiences and the positives and negatives of their roles.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing that difficult in my opinion, just the standard questions asked most often of sales professionals. If you are prepared, and know the company, as well as your strengths and weaknesses, you will make it through the process without issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Based on my experience and success, I was able to negotiate a slightly higher base salary than what was offered, so it is worth taking the time not to settle.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sophos in September 2013.

Interview

Long slow process very poor feedback from recruiter.

Interview Questions

• None, It is was joke of an interview all five of them.   Answer Question

Channel Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sophos in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with about 6 folks...including HR. I didn't have to present to a team at the time. But now, I believe that is part of the process. Phone interviews first. Manager was in CA. Then, I came in for onsite meetings. Final phase was to interview with the outside sales rep at the time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick and easy.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Sophos (Burlington, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Fair and thorough. References closely checked and in-person interviews were challenging but congenial. As it turns out, the UK-team is extremely arrogant and un-cooperative. Be prepared for ridiculous hours. The team is very friendly, but you should RUN not walk away from this place.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for specific questions about global partner and re-seller relations.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sophos (Burlington, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

was a joke I spoke with multiple people that really had no clue about the job or even the questions they are asking me

Interview Questions

• there really were not any since the interviewee was clueless   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took the job as I needed the money should have waited!

Software Developer C++ Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sophos (Budapest (Hungary)) in January 2015.

Interview

First round was an online test consisting of a C++ part, a C part and an SQL part. This was evaluated in a week.
    The second round was oral where they talked a lot about the company, asked you to tell you about your background and then asked one technical question.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write a function (in any programming language) that gets an integer parameter and returns the number of 1 digits in its binary representation.

2. How would you implement this even faster if you had infinite memory and processing capabilities.

1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sophos.

Interview

Hiring processing is pretty simple, easy questions

Negotiation

If you don't get a good starting salary don't expect a raise

Manager Role Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sophos in March 2014.

Interview

HR was friendly and kept pace of interview smooth. Questions were fair and company and culture fit was important. Technical questions were in depth and enough for them to gauge that my skills and experience matched what they were looking for. Met with 2 other managers that represented company well.