Sophos Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sophos in January 2011.

Fair and thorough. References closely checked and in-person interviews were challenging but congenial. As it turns out, the UK-team is extremely arrogant and un-cooperative. Be prepared for ridiculous hours. The team is very friendly, but you should RUN not walk away from this place.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for specific questions about global partner and re-seller relations.   Answer Question

Enterprise Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sophos.

Fairly quick, with 1 or 2 phone screens followed by an onsite interview, which required a presentation to sales management and others. This was fairly routine and I had an offer within a week or so. During the onsite interview, you should plan to spend at least a 1/2 day in the corporate office, meeting with various sales managers, as well as those in similar roles. Good access was provided to existing employees who speak frankly about their experiences and the positives and negatives of their roles.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing that difficult in my opinion, just the standard questions asked most often of sales professionals. If you are prepared, and know the company, as well as your strengths and weaknesses, you will make it through the process without issue.   Answer Question
    Based on my experience and success, I was able to negotiate a slightly higher base salary than what was offered, so it is worth taking the time not to settle.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Sophos in September 2013.

Long slow process very poor feedback from recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • None, It is was joke of an interview all five of them.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sophos in June 2009.

was a joke I spoke with multiple people that really had no clue about the job or even the questions they are asking me

Interview Questions
    • there really were not any since the interviewee was clueless   Answer Question
    I took the job as I needed the money should have waited!

Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sophos.

Hiring processing is pretty simple, easy questions

If you don't get a good starting salary don't expect a raise

Engineering Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Abingdon, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sophos in February 2013.

Technical lead team and no HR

Research into Sophos

Software Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sophos.

They first called up for a phone interview which took about an hour or so. Then they proceeded to the second round of in-person interview which went on for about 2 hours. The phone interview was mostly behavioural and questions were asked from the resume and work experiences. The in-person interview was behaviour and technical with a session with hands-on coding at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of how you check results from your test automations.   View Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abingdon, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abingdon, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sophos.

First of three interviews arranged via an agency. Had to travel four hours each way for each interview. Initial perception of the office was good, although the people seemed very tense.

Interview Questions
    • As i didn't get any particularly difficult questions. Know your subject and it's a doddle.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Very inflexible.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abingdon, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abingdon, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sophos.

Multi-person interview, generic software/hardware test to measure IT aptitude

Minimal negotiation

Channel Marketing Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sophos.

the worst experience ever. i have been been to too many interviews to share the number with you, but this was one of the most awful experiences of my career. I never want to mee anyone again from Sophos they are unprofessiona egotistical.

Interview Questions
    • wanting to go into detail about an aspect of my previous roles that was not relevant to the role i was applying for. she had her own agenda   Answer Question

Worked for Sophos? Contribute to the Community!