Sophos Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sophos.

Interview

Originally applied for a different role, but was sent this reply; "We are currently recruiting for a Technical Support Team Leader here at Sophos and with your background we feel this might be more suitable for you." I After a very pleasant telephone screening with HR I was told via email that their head of tech support had seen my CV, was impressed with my experience and was keen to get me to interview. What then followed was the worst interview experience I've ever had. The tech support manager in the interview was perfectly nice and asked some great questions, however the HR person in the interview appeared completely disinterested. She then question why I'd gone for this role, as my experience was not aligned (I'd been approached by them - see what I quote from an email above). I was also made aware that I had the wrong job spec... which is what I had been emailed my their HR, She came across as very arrogant with something more important to be doing quite frankly. Very tempted to just get up an leave mid interview, but I stuck it out. I have to admit, I did lie in my interview...right at the end when I said it was a pleasure to meet the HR person. Told they would be in touch within 2 weeks for next steps. Complete waste of my time, spent an afternoon to travel there and back and not even the courtesy of a thanks but no thanks. Lucky escape and would give this company an extremely wide birth if this remains their interview practice. I expected so much More from this company, unfortunately this was what I came away with...

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sophos (Abingdon, England (UK)).

Interview

First of three interviews arranged via an agency. Had to travel four hours each way for each interview. Initial perception of the office was good, although the people seemed very tense.

Interview Questions

• As i didn't get any particularly difficult questions. Know your subject and it's a doddle.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Very inflexible.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sophos (Abingdon, England (UK)).

Interview

Multi-person interview, generic software/hardware test to measure IT aptitude

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation

Channel Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sophos.

Interview

the worst experience ever. i have been been to too many interviews to share the number with you, but this was one of the most awful experiences of my career. I never want to mee anyone again from Sophos they are unprofessiona egotistical.

Interview Questions

• wanting to go into detail about an aspect of my previous roles that was not relevant to the role i was applying for. she had her own agenda   Answer Question

Engineering Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sophos (Abingdon, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Technical lead team and no HR

Research into Sophos