Sopra India Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

3.3

Trainee Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sopra India.

Interview

The technical test was tough and the quant section was different from what you'd normally expect but easy. Both GD and PI were relatively normal. Overall a good experience for a fresher.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sopra India in July 2014.

Interview

Technical Test included 35 multiple choice question in 70 mins
    Analytical Test included 11 subjective questions in 70 mins
    Group Discussion ( non elimination round but hardly counts )
    Personal Interview ( most important and unexpected )

Interview Questions

• Asking all technical questions, level was raised after the easier ones were answered   Answer Question

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sopra India (Noida (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

The hiring process starts with a written technical test which comprises of 35 questions and needs to be completed in 90 minutes. Questions belong to various categories like C, data structures, DBMS, algorithms, OOPS etc. Difficulty is easy to moderate. Some applicants are screened at this level.

Then comes the written logical analysis test which comprises of 11 questions. The time is 90 minutes. These are really good questions and are aimed at testing the algorithmic approach and thinking of the applicant. If you get through with the aforementioned two, your job is 80 % done.

Next comes the GD. This is a very important aspect of any recruitment process and tests the communication skills and etiquette of the applicant. You'll rarely be disqualified at this stage if you behave, listen to others and put forth your points. If you are an average speaker and fear GDs because you don't get the chance to speak you need not worry as everybody gets a chance to speak in the end.

Next comes the technical interview. Be well prepared for this one. The interviewer will ask your area of expertise and will ask questions based upon your answer, so do not lie or show off. The questions will focus on the basic understanding of the subject with very little complications which you should be fine with if your concepts are clear. Please prepare your project really well and expect some questions from the project as well. If you do not know something, do not answer blindly. Just accept that you do not know and everything will be fine.

And lastly the "infamous" HR interview. My mantra would be, be yourself, do not lie, be confident, you are not expected to be perfect so do not worry about that. Tell them your positives that you can prove.
    Dress appropriately.Do not leave an impression that you want to do something else in the near future.
    Be job oriented.

Very few people are rejected at this point, since the written tests are really good assessment methods.

Good luck for your job hunt.

Interview Questions

• I was indirectly asked about SQL injection and its prevention through my project which thankfully I had studied about in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. The salary for fresh graduates is fixed and is applicable from day 1 of your joining.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sopra India in April 2014.

Interview

First round was telephonic technical round and after 2 day I was called for face to face technical round and followed with managerial round and on the same day HR discussion happen.

Interview Questions

• Are willing to relocate noida ?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sopra India (Noida (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

Got call through referral. First written test was there. It was an online test. Contained questions mainly from struts, threads, hibernate etc. Couldn't clear the test :(

Interview Questions

• Asked abouts struts and hibernate. For which I was not prepared   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sopra India (Greater Noida (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

I opted for face to face interview.
    Technical follwed by managerial round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do not negotiate be still on wat u say.. they will accept wat you say if they really need you.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sopra India (Noida (India)).

Interview

1 aptitude written round...
    1 technical written round...
    1 GD round...
    2 technical interviews...
    1 HR interview

Interview Questions

• mostly around your profile and projects with some algorithms   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sopra India (Noida (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

They call you through employee references and then you are given a written exam paper .
    The written exam was tough and then you are interviewed .
    The interview was pretty ok and I was asked questions from my field .

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sopra India (Noida (India)) in April 2010.

Interview

For fresher, First they call for written exam(now it is online).
    There are two sets of paper. First one include C, DS. If you cleared 1st paper. Then you can give second paper. Second paper is of logical reasoning based on algorithms.

After clearing the written, you will be called for interview process. First GD, then PI will taken. In interview, they can also ask for puzzles.

Test Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sopra India (Noida (India)) in April 2009.

Interview

Freshers - 75% throughout, Apply, Appear for a Written Test, Appear for the interview, HR Round, Enjoy lunch from organization :)

Experienced < 5 years - Apply, Appear for a Written Test, Appear for the interview (2 rounds), HR Round, Enjoy lunch from organization :)

Experienced >= 5 years - Apply, Appear for the interview (2 rounds), HR Round, Enjoy lunch from organization :)

Interview Questions

• Questions around business case and requirement analysis   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR is transparent and provides salary as per bands and policies. I have seen one of the best HR teams till date at Sopra and communication channels are effective for each individual candidate.