Soraa

Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.8

Senior Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Soraa in January 2014.

I interviewed with the former CEO Tom who was nice but a bit foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog. Also interviewed with a tall Dutch guy who seemed stoned and detached from reality. Kind of a surreal interview. I also saw their working environment is a sweatshop so-called Open Office seald the 'No' for me.

Interview Questions

No one in management seemed to be intelligent or skilled. They seemed like they checked out a while ago.

Senior Product Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Soraa in August 2013.

The whole process took 6 weeks. First contacted by a recruiter via Linkedin, then referred to another recruiter that worked on site at Sorra. I had a 30min phone interview with the second recruiter followed by another phone interview with a mechanical engineer at Soraa. I was then brought in for an on site interview where I delivered a 45min presentation on myself and work experience (as requested), followed by 6 one-on-one interviews with members of various departments. A week later I was brought back on site for another one-on-one.

First thing I noticed during the whole interview process, I wasn't prompted if I had any questions for them until I think the 4th person I spoke to. I had to interject after they had finished asking their questions with my own. Second thing was a general confusion with what was expected of the role from senior and executive management. I got mixed messages with that aspirations they had, and the requirements they needed from a candidate to meet them.

Coordination was generally pretty poor. I was given 48 hours notice for both onsite interviews, the first of which I was told would last all day. I pushed back and negotiated it down to a half day, but I still had to fudge an excuse for my absence from my current position to my detriment.

A few things that really stood out; or actually shocked me:

1. 4 out of the 7 who interviewed me in person had been with Soraa for less than a year.
    2. I was told they had to 'let go' 2 mechanical engineers 6 months ago due to funding issues.
    3. I was told, to quote "Most of us are here for the pay day".
    4. They just released their first product last month and hope to turn a profit to become self sufficient by the end of the year.

All in all I have mixed feelings about Soraa. I did get a general air that they thought they were a big deal, and I should feel privileged to be considered for a position there. At multiple points I felt like throwing in the towel because of this attitude. A little big for their boots to be honest, you're not Google yet!

Interview Questions
    • How would you fix shrinkage areas in a plastic injection molded part without modifying the design?   View Answer

Senior Vice President International Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Soraa in February 2013.

One telephone interview and two face to face interviews, one with additional members of the management team. A straight forward interview process that focused on what I thought we could achieve as a business in the first year of sales. Difficult to quantify and I had substantially different expectations to the then CEO. Some discussion around this and some disagreement about routes to market but all done in a professional way. Final negotiation and contract done by HR in a fast and efficient way. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Sales growth forecasts in the first year.   View Answer
    The company has a structured benefits package which is fairly rigid but they are adaptable where they can be on most aspects of the package discussions. The HR guy is a reasonable and pragmatic guy and these values run deep within the company with a few exceptions.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Soraa.

one interview onsite with 3 simple questions

did not ngociate

Sales Manager, EMEA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Soraa in January 2010.

I was asked to come in and interview with the COO and the SVP of Sales and marketing. They seemed unprepared and like they didnt read my resume. I was impressed by just one person, the Sales VP who was intelligent. The COO named Tommy asked about my personal life which made me uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are qualified to do this job?   View Answer

There are better options out there and the interview was unprofessional

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Soraa in July 2009.

They did not ask very detial question, Just normal question.

Process Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Soraa in October 2011.

be more familiar with what you have done. Very detailed technique questions may be asked.