Sorenson Communications

Updated Oct 4, 2014
Updated Oct 4, 2014

2.0

Video Interpreter Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sorenson Communications.

friendly and explained all possible outcomes. asked general questions about my resume and experience. hiring was dependent upon the screening of actual skills from the national screeners. hiring has 3 options. outright, with a program, or asked to come back in a few months. the screener is appropriate to the job and feedback is appropriate.

Communication Assistant Interview

You have to pass applicant testing that basically involves dictating along to an audio. You also have to be able to type 40 wpm to get the job. They will hire about anyone who can do these two things.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any tough questions. All pretty easy as long as you can pass the typing/ASR tests   Answer Question
    Couldn't negotiate at all.

Ops Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sorenson Communications in March 2014.

Applied through Indeed.Received phone call for phone interview. Went in for a interview & computer test with branch mgr and 3 online mgrs. 4 days later was called for 2nd interview. Had interview w 4 online mgrs (2 from prev, 2 new) plus branch mgr

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical behavioral questions (how do I communicate, what would i do "in such and such situation", words to describe me, what motivates me) Nothing to hard. Just be prepared to get multiple questions from each mgr. Be prepared to do a drug test   Answer Question
    Didnt try to negotiate just asked about performance reviews and raises.

Communications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sorenson Communications in April 2013.

I applied online and the next day received an email to call and setup an interview time. The interview consisted of a typing and voice/relay test. The voice test basically replays a conversation and you have to try and repeat it word for word. If you pass by a certain percentage then they will put you through to the interview. The interview was basic and went over hours and pay, nothing very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Only difficult question : Give me a time you dealt with a difficult co-worker and what you did to resolve the problem. (Something like that and my response was pretty lame but she didn't care)   View Answer

Communications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sorenson Communications in February 2013.

I applied online and about a month later I got an email to set up an interview. In the email I was told that I would have a typing test and a voice relay test and how to practice for both. To pass the typing test I had to type at least 40 wpm. To pass the voice relay test I had to be able to relay a message withing 2 seconds of it being spoken. I passed both and was immediately moved on to a 1 on 1 interview. Afterwards, I was directed to go and get a drug test and told that it would take about 5-7 days to process my background information. After about 7 days I received another email telling me I had passed and was given a day to come in for orientation and paperwork (filling out w-4, 401k, disclosure agreements, etc.). All in all the interview process, from my interview day to the job offer, took about a week and a half to complete.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, the pay is standard for all Communications Assistants.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sorenson Communications in January 2013.

Was contacted by what I thought was a recruiter, turned out to be Regional manager who held an MBA. Set up a phone interview for the next day, and that lasted about 45 minutes. Basic questions, with some behavioral. Then I was scheduled to go to their district office to take an excel test. Test consisted of 10 questions, some were basic others were analyzing data. All the questions tested knowledge of MS excel. Never heard back after the test.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were simple, on the excel test they wanted me to unhide rows 6-9. Didn't see how this was really all that applicable.   Answer Question

Tech Support Trainer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sorenson Communications in December 2012.

Met with Sorenson rep. Had a good meeting. Was offered the chance to proceed with the screening process. From there it went all downhill. I was deemed unqualified by the initial interviewer and was disqualified from the process. I then contacted the HR office to voice my concerns about being prematurely disqualified. I was then back on the list as a finalist. Had to run around around and have background screenings. I notified them that there was an infraction on my MVR that should not be there. Now I am screwed. No offer of employment. This all took almost three months to pry this information from them.

SIP Relay Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sorenson Communications in February 2009.

Went to SOS staffing in order to be hired, interview was fairly easy as job requirements weren't demanding. Typing test etc.

Interview Questions
    • Was I able to handle any type of call, offensive, romantic, anything that came up, cursing?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate $10.25, besides that not much else was given

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, UT

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sorenson Communications in January 2009.

Met with several members of management. Was asked the basic type of questions you would in an interview today (google top 10 interview questions for an idea) Was asked to take both a typing and speech test. After passing I was offered the position based on whether my background and drug test was ok. A few weeks later I started.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when and how you handled a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question
    Not much for this position it seems. There seemed to be a set salary.

Sales Interview

CV submission, phone interview, first interview with HR manager, final interview with the supervisor of the department