Soros Fund Management Interview Questions

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Soros Fund Management

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Soros Fund Management.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting portal, accepted for first round interview. Interviewed on campus with 2 employees. Interviewers were not very friendly and expected intimate knowledge of the private equity process from their own point of view. Interview lasted about 20 minutes only. Did not make it through the first round interviews into the final round.

Legal Analyst Interview

Interview

phone

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Soros Fund Management (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

HR contacted my university saying they would screen resumes for interviews. I heard back a couple of weeks later and conducted two interviews: one with an analyst and the second with a portfolio manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Soros Fund Management in June 2009.

Interview

Although I was applying for a position far senior to my level (the description required 10+ years experience at a top tier hedge fund, and I had less than 3), the interview was less intimidating than expected. The manager at Soros Fund was kind and soft-spoken. He quizzed me on C# .NET and SQL, nothing too advanced. Even though I did not get the job, I left with a good impression of the company, and will probably re-apply when I have more years of experience.

Interview Questions

• In SQL, what is the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Soros Fund Management in February 2010.

Interview

Company was very punctual in responding. Initially had one 10 minute interview, then offered full interview a week later which lasted over two hours. They really like candidates with a working knowledge of finance, and ask you questions that force you to think on the spot. They test you on industry knowledge.

Interview Questions

• How have you demonstrated leadership in the past?   Answer Question
    • What assets do you have that would prove valuable for our firm?   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Soros Fund Management in June 2008.

Interview

a total of 3 people from trading floor. very nice. ask about statistics, personal experience, describe yourself.