Soros Fund Management

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Private Equity Analyst Interview

Private Equity Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Soros Fund Management.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting portal, accepted for first round interview. Interviewed on campus with 2 employees. Interviewers were not very friendly and expected intimate knowledge of the private equity process from their own point of view. Interview lasted about 20 minutes only. Did not make it through the first round interviews into the final round.

Interview Question – Walk me through an LBO process   Answer Question

Interview Question – Who is George Soros?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Soros Fund Management in April 2012.

Interview Details – HR contacted my university saying they would screen resumes for interviews. I heard back a couple of weeks later and conducted two interviews: one with an analyst and the second with a portfolio manager.

Interview Question – DO you have any experience with financial modeling   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer

The process took a day - interviewed at Soros Fund Management in June 2009.

Interview Details – Although I was applying for a position far senior to my level (the description required 10+ years experience at a top tier hedge fund, and I had less than 3), the interview was less intimidating than expected. The manager at Soros Fund was kind and soft-spoken. He quizzed me on C# .NET and SQL, nothing too advanced. Even though I did not get the job, I left with a good impression of the company, and will probably re-apply when I have more years of experience.

Interview Question – In SQL, what is the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Risk Management

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Soros Fund Management in June 2008.

Interview Details – a total of 3 people from trading floor. very nice. ask about statistics, personal experience, describe yourself.

Interview Questions

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Soros Fund Management in February 2010.

Interview Details – Company was very punctual in responding. Initially had one 10 minute interview, then offered full interview a week later which lasted over two hours. They really like candidates with a working knowledge of finance, and ask you questions that force you to think on the spot. They test you on industry knowledge.

Interview Questions

Worked for Soros Fund Management? Contribute to the Community!