Sotheby's International Realty

Sotheby's International Realty Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sotheby's International Realty

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sotheby's International Realty.

I responded to a blind advertisement in the local newspaper. The job description was fairly accurate to the position that was being interviewed for. A phone interview with the corporate office was followed by an inperson interview with local management. The next step was negotiation with the corporate HR department in regard to salary. A formal contract process was completed by mail prior to start date and followed by a mix of in-person and web based orientation programs for company policy, certifications (ethics, sensitivity, etc), and benefits selections.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you opt to take a full time position over continuing to grow your own independent design business?   View Answer
    There wasn't a lot of room for negotiation. I made my initial request and they countered with a final and best.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sotheby's International Realty in June 2013.

Get to know Susan Kim and Alan Padley very well. If you dress in a button down were slacks and nice shoes consistently you will get the job. All you have to do is answer calls and smile at the agents. Fill the printers with paper and replace the toner.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sotheby's International Realty in January 2011.

I was contacted by the corporate offices for this company, and while the salary for the position was not very good, I decided to go ahead to the interview, anyway. At the interview, I found the job description from the job listing to be different from what was indicated in the interview. Truth be told, it was far easier, and perhaps that explained the poor pay. I have to wonder if this job description was just generated by the corporate offices after the local office said, “We need [job title]” without any regard to the actual position.

While the interview itself was pleasant and informative, I cannot excuse lack of communication between the company and myself afterwards. I was told that a decision should be made by a certain date. I left a buffer of time in case the process had a setback. I then inquired about the status of the position, and received no response. It is now late March. The interview was in January and I still have received no communication. Any short and sweet bit of information would have helped. Instead I was left hanging by the company’s poor business etiquette.

Interview Questions
    • What is your conflict resolution style? (from phone interview)   Answer Question

Associate Realtor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sotheby's International Realty in January 2011.

Met with the manager for initial interview and then again to join the firm.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to join this company and specifically this location?   View Answer
    Ver pleasant.

Associate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sotheby's International Realty in August 2010.

I contacted the managing broker of several real estate firms before interviewing. In real estate you setup the interview as you choose which firm you would like to work for. Managing broker setup a interview and time and we discussed commission and growth in the company. I found Jameson to be the most progressive in marketing and vision. They did not offer the highest commissions but the working environment was excellent and seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • How does my previous experience translate into selling homes?   Answer Question
    Commissions are always negotiable

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sotheby's International Realty in October 2013.

Had one Skype interview, very easy, did not ask many questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why Sotheby's and how do you fit with the company?   View Answer

Certified Estate Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartbeespoort (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartbeespoort (South Africa)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sotheby's International Realty in May 2010.

One has to be dedicated and prepared to work hard. We have uncovered area's where we would require another agent.

Interview Questions
    • The person needs to be finacially stable as they will be employed as an independant contractor and works on a commission basis.   Answer Question

I have been offered the same position by other agencies. I know I made the right choice initially & very happy where I am.