Sotheby's International Realty

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Broker Interview

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Sotheby's International Realty in August 2010.

Interview Details – I contacted the managing broker of several real estate firms before interviewing. In real estate you setup the interview as you choose which firm you would like to work for. Managing broker setup a interview and time and we discussed commission and growth in the company. I found Jameson to be the most progressive in marketing and vision. They did not offer the highest commissions but the working environment was excellent and seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Question – How does my previous experience translate into selling homes?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Commissions are always negotiable

Marketing Coordinator Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sotheby's International Realty in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the corporate offices for this company, and while the salary for the position was not very good, I decided to go ahead to the interview, anyway. At the interview, I found the job description from the job listing to be different from what was indicated in the interview. Truth be told, it was far easier, and perhaps that explained the poor pay. I have to wonder if this job description was just generated by the corporate offices after the local office said, “We need [job title]” without any regard to the actual position.

While the interview itself was pleasant and informative, I cannot excuse lack of communication between the company and myself afterwards. I was told that a decision should be made by a certain date. I left a buffer of time in case the process had a setback. I then inquired about the status of the position, and received no response. It is now late March. The interview was in January and I still have received no communication. Any short and sweet bit of information would have helped. Instead I was left hanging by the company’s poor business etiquette.

Interview Question – What is your conflict resolution style? (from phone interview)   Answer Question

Associate Realtor Interview

Brentwood, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sotheby's International Realty in January 2011.

Interview Details – Met with the manager for initial interview and then again to join the firm.

Interview Question – "Why do you want to join this company and specifically this location?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ver pleasant.

Intern Interview

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sotheby's International Realty in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had one Skype interview, very easy, did not ask many questions.

Interview Question – Why Sotheby's and how do you fit with the company?   View Answer

Certified Estate Agent Interview

Hartbeespoort (South Africa)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sotheby's International Realty in May 2010.

Interview Details – One has to be dedicated and prepared to work hard. We have uncovered area's where we would require another agent.

Interview Question – The person needs to be finacially stable as they will be employed as an independant contractor and works on a commission basis.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have been offered the same position by other agencies. I know I made the right choice initially & very happy where I am.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sotheby's International Realty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sotheby's International Realty interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sotheby's International Realty employees and interview candidates.