SoulCycle

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.8

IT Interview

The interview involved meeting with HR - then meeting with my direct superior. Questions were general on how I would handle specific issues. I answered based on my general experience handling certain issues and it seemed to go well.

Corporate Office - Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SoulCycle in September 2014.

SoulCycle first conducted a short phone interview (15min long) and then invited me to interview in person 3 times. Each interview started with "Tell me about yourself," and then flowed into discussing more about the position, what they're looking for and the company in general. All interviews were very fluid - they were focused more on getting a sense of my personality, skills and interests rather than seeing if I can answer textbook questions well.

SC is an extremely positive work environment, and I could definitely feel that while I was interviewing. Everyone I met with seemed genuinely interested to talk with me. You do not have to be SC rider to be considered for a position but you should understand the company and its culture well.

I recommend you ask your interviewer about their background & how they came to SoulCycle, because everyone there has a really interesting story!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SoulCycle.

I applied online and they contacted me by the end of the day to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went well and they eventually invited me in for an in person interview.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SoulCycle.

I was contacted very quickly after submitting my application which I appreciate. Scheduled a phone interview, was offered a class to try out, had in person interview. Whole process took about a week. Looked like an amazing work environment and staff was so friendly to interview with. Really disappointed to not receive an offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

It was a phone interview. I had set it up for 12:15 and then she pushed it back to 1pm only 10 min before the actual interview because she was backed up. She basically just asked me about myself and that's it. Not much to the interview.

Assistant Studio Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SoulCycle.

I applied online and heard a response back immediately. There was a phone interview which went over very well and I was brought in for a in person interview. I was very excited for the opportunity. The interview in person was not what I expected and lasted only about 15 minutes. I was asked irrelevant questions pertaining to the position. It seemed by the interest of the recruiters that they possibly already had made a decision for me before coming in and asked me questions that had nothing to do with learning more about my job skills or experience. One seemed disinterested and checked her watch several times which did not help the situation. They thanked me and brought another candidate in right in front of me as I was leaving so I felt it wasn't the most professional interview I've had.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were significant to the position or my experience in management.   Answer Question

Assistant Studio Manager Interview

I applied through their website and heard back in less than 1 week. The phone interview was standard: why do you want to work at SoulCycle, have you taken a class before...I received a call for a follow up in-person interview in NYC and before the interview they signed me up to take a class.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had taken a spinning class before which I was afraid would hinder me, but instead they setup a class for me!   Answer Question

Keyholder Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SoulCycle.

I submitted my resume and heard back with 24hours. I had a phone interview a few days later and then I was asked back for a second interview. My second interview was at the corporate headquarters in NYC and they signed me up to take a SoulCycle class right before the interview. It was very quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SoulCycle in December 2013.

Seemed like a standard 3 part interview process. Started with a quick phone interview, followed by an in-person interview with the recruiting team, and then a scheduled interview with an SVP. After a couple of weeks, I was then told that the hiring process was on hold for the time being, but they would keep my resume on file. I'm taking that as a nice way of saying NO.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any questions for us? I always hate this question.   View Answer

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SoulCycle.

Process was arduous & confusing. After more than 3 interviews, it was clear that the team did not understand their needs. Though the listing indicated they are seeking a real estate analyst, it became clear that they needed a traditional financial analyst - not someone with over 6 years of commercial real estate experience.